Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cheating?

Cheating?

Sorry for the click baitey title but we're currently in war and came across this base.

http://imgur.com/gallery/UJEOB2s

It's a th12 with a bunch of defenses missing. I had read somewhere that you could buy the eagle pack and not place it , and it won't make any difference but this?

War matches usually have been nicely balanced and we've ground out over 500 wins over the course of our clan with a bunch of decent win streaks ( 10 in a row is impressive for us).

What we have noticed though is after 5 wins in a row , all bets are off and that's when we start getting weird clans who's first time attacks on maxed out 11s and 12s are a bit too perfect but nothing like this before.
    "Noble dragons do not have any friends. The closest they can come to the idea is an enemy who isn't dead yet."

Forum Legend
    They bough the packs but didn't place them.
    I think Darian said they were supposed to count for war weight but a glitch is causing them to currently not have weight.
    Supposedly fixed with next update?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    I'm here to give you some great news. I visited this player's main raid village and confirmed my suspicion (you can and should, too). They have purchased and placed all buildings in order to fulfill the requirements for upgrading to TH12. What they haven't done is updated their war base. I suspect they're under the impression that by not updating their war base, war matchmaking will treat them like they don't have those defenses. From everything I understand, they're sadly mistaken. The system uses everything from the live base - not the war base layout.

So, I believe you're seeing a player who can't defend himself as well as a TH12 who has placed his infernos and EAGLE (and anything else that is missing) but who is treated exactly like one when it came to choosing opponents for war. Congratulations!
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I'm here to give you some great news. I visited this player's main raid village and confirmed my suspicion (you can and should, too). They have purchased and placed all buildings in order to fulfill the requirements for upgrading to TH12. What they haven't done is updated their war base. I suspect they're under the impression that by not updating their war base, war matchmaking will treat them like they don't have those defenses. From everything I understand, they're sadly mistaken. The system uses everything from the live base - not the war base layout.

So, I believe you're seeing a player who can't defend himself as well as a TH12 who has placed his infernos and EAGLE (and anything else that is missing) but who is treated exactly like one when it came to choosing opponents for war. Congratulations!
    Thank you for clearing that out.

Dude doesn't like golems does he?
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Dude doesn't like golems does he?
    He is trying to engineer/save weight. Level 1 golem has 5100 hit points, he probably thinks that its better than carrying the extra weight.
    Since hit points only increase by 300, for most levels, then it isnt considered value for money in his book.
    He omitted half his defences, so at least this choice is one of his better ones, whether a correct one or not.
    Isnt the first one, to wrongly think that its only the war base that gets counted.
    Most of his defence is th8, with some 9 added. Failed engi just gets cast aside as rushed.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 17th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

I dunno. You really think it's weight engineering? Why run dragons to 4 and bowlers to 2 if you're trying to save weight? His best attacks at 12 would be lava loon with the troops he's got. HOnestly it looks like a 10 rushed to 12 to donate SM. Then thrown into war by a coleader who doesn't know what they're doing.
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I dunno. You really think it's weight engineering? Why run dragons to 4 and bowlers to 2 if you're trying to save weight? His best attacks at 12 would be lava loon with the troops he's got. HOnestly it looks like a 10 rushed to 12 to donate SM. Then thrown into war by a coleader who doesn't know what they're doing.
    lol. You may be on to something there. Might be interesting to look them up. See if its a non war account, or whether they do, indeed, run with war base omissions. Shame the tag isnt shown.
    EDIT. Tag is there. Deer stalker time
    Nice one puma. You are right on the money. Only 262 war stars to his name, and isnt in the regular team.
    They run with 3x 12s, then heavy on the 11s, but not usually with this guy. Can understand why they would want an extra wrecker donator tho.
    OP, if yours is the last war, unlucky. Only 1 star in it, and better destruction.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 17th, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    OP, if yours is the last war, unlucky. Only 1 star in it, and better destruction.
    I don't think that was his war. My money on these two clans:

https://cocp.it/clan/QYVUY9G2
    https://cocp.it/clan/282GR900

Good luck with the War OP! Sounds like you have one easier base to attack at least!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post

I looked at the photos and it looked a little strange to me because the player has 110k war weight which is that of a max TH11, which is what it is supposed to have.

I'm with sharky finn on this one, the player hasn't placed items in his war base and is getting charged the same weight anyways.

Player in question is NOT cheating, he is a detriment to his clan by not placing those items in his war base. A player is only cheating if using mods, bots, or 3rd party gems.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; October 18th, 2018 at 09:05 AM.