Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town Hall 9 ♥Farming Tips?

Fresh Spawn

Town Hall 9 ♥Farming Tips?

Hello,
    Town Hall 9 (lvl 120, 650mil gold grab) here, I've just started playing after a gap of a few years. I have everything maxed except 80 walls, lvl 20 heroes, and some DE research upgrades.
    I'm currently barching at around Gold 1/Crystal 3, which generally gives raids of 400k each and 2-3k DE within 10-30 nexts (back when I played these, raids were once every hundreds of nexts!). Anyone have any general farming tips like cup range or army/attack style (though I prefer barching), or links to good/recent farming guides?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPi View Post
    Hello,
    Town Hall 9 (lvl 120, 650mil gold grab) here, I've just started playing after a gap of a few years. I have everything maxed except 80 walls, lvl 20 heroes, and some DE research upgrades.
    I'm currently barching at around Gold 1/Crystal 3, which generally gives raids of 400k each and 2-3k DE within 10-30 nexts (back when I played these, raids were once every hundreds of nexts!). Anyone have any general farming tips like cup range or army/attack style (though I prefer barching), or links to good/recent farming guides?

Thanks!
    go to th10, since DE is at th10 is easily 50% better than at 9.
    exclusively raid for DE with the current army you are using, the walls will just be a sink for excess loot

for league, stay between crystal 3 and masters 3
    every base should net at least 500/500/3.5, dont bother for anything less
    Last edited by Kreyfish; October 16th, 2018 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyfish View Post
    go to th10, since DE is at th10 is easily 50% better than at 9.
    exclusively raid for DE with the current army you are using, the walls will just be a sink for excess loot

for league, stay between crystal 3 and masters 3
    every base should net at least 500/500/3.5, dont bother for anything less
    The reason everyone says to go to th10 to farm dark elixir is because of the extra dark elixir drill. A maxed, full drill provides 1350 (75% of 1800). At th9, there are only two drills. So a dead base will only give you 2700 DE from the drills. The remaining a 2500(if the dark elixir storage is full) will be in the town hall and dark elixir storage.

A dead town hall 10 will have three DE drills which will give you a total possible of 4050(3x1350). Plus a max storage will give you 3000 DE. Any additional DE you see over 7050 will be located in the clan castle.

Matchmaking - Currently, the way the matchmaking works is that you will find more town halls within your town hall level. So by moving to th10, you are more likely to find dead th10 bases then you would at th9.

People use to max th9 because of wars. However, since th10 isn't as difficult as it use to be (inferno nerf), there's no reason to stay at th9 grinding out dark elixir. This is just my opinion however and other's may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by archalan View Post
    The reason everyone says to go to th10 to farm dark elixir is because of the extra dark elixir drill. A maxed, full drill provides 1350 (75% of 1800). At th9, there are only two drills. So a dead base will only give you 2700 DE from the drills. The remaining a 2500(if the dark elixir storage is full) will be in the town hall and dark elixir storage.

A dead town hall 10 will have three DE drills which will give you a total possible of 4050(3x1350). Plus a max storage will give you 3000 DE. Any additional DE you see over 7050 will be located in the clan castle.

Matchmaking - Currently, the way the matchmaking works is that you will find more town halls within your town hall level. So by moving to th10, you are more likely to find dead th10 bases then you would at th9.

People use to max th9 because of wars. However, since th10 isn't as difficult as it use to be (inferno nerf), there's no reason to stay at th9 grinding out dark elixir. This is just my opinion however and other's may disagree.
    exactly. oh and TH10 is also when the 5k++ DE whales start to pop up
    so OP, if you arent miffed about not maxing TH9, just go straight to TH10 to grind there, it is much easier
    Last edited by Kreyfish; October 16th, 2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling

As a final note you may find more information on this subject in the correct sub-forum where I know similar requests have been answered before.

Tactics and Strategy

Level 18
    - 1,357/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Fresh Spawn
    Hello I'm lost my village plz help me any one I'm new here

Quote Originally Posted by Kum View Post
    Hello I'm lost my village plz help me any one I'm new here
    Mate, spamming this in other threads, and spamming others with PM's won't help.

If you've messaged SC support, wait for a day or two.

Banned
    Mango, I run with 9 dragon 8 loons 4 lighting 1 poison. Costs literally nothing dark elixir wise. Its a quick army to make at 31 minutes (8 with a training potion) and gets me 2-5k dark elixir per attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNoob View Post
    Mango, I run with 9 dragon 8 loons 4 lighting 1 poison. Costs literally nothing dark elixir wise. Its a quick army to make at 31 minutes (8 with a training potion) and gets me 2-5k dark elixir per attack.
    that actually seems pretty slow
    since mass gobs take 1/3 of the time to cook, but net the same amount of loot

Banned
    Goblins need dead bases. They are good at targeting unprotected collectors but when a wizard tower or mortar can one hit them they aren't that good. Dragloon can target any base. Easy 3 star on a dead base and decent 2 star on a live base.