Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Power Derby!

It does seem ridiculous that we are told tasks will be easier but no guidance or help as how will the tasks be easier, will they be quick tasks only or will the requirements be smaller for example 3 boats not 4.
    Last edited by Fatfinger; October 15th, 2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

I doubt board refresh is changing, no mention of that anywhere.
    By "easier," I assume it means we'll be collecting 10 chili popcorns instead of the usual 13. We'll be feeding 40 goats instead of the dreaded 49. An so on. Seems fair.
    I've never done a derby where we did not get enough 320's to score perfect, assuming the same thing here.
    A little detail or an example would be helpful.
    Good update overall, thanks Hay Day team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    I doubt board refresh is changing, no mention of that anywhere.
    By "easier," I assume it means we'll be collecting 10 chili popcorns instead of the usual 13. We'll be feeding 40 goats instead of the dreaded 49. An so on. Seems fair.
    I've never done a derby where we did not get enough 320's to score perfect, assuming the same thing here.
    A little detail or an example would be helpful.
    Good update overall, thanks Hay Day team.

I have a small hood, our ratio of 320 to trash tasks ranges from as good as 10-1 to as bad as 20-1. Let’s go with 10-1 which is a super optimistic expectation and assumes you’re not trashing strawberries, goat milks, etc. to get 450 tasks you’ll need to trash 4,500 tasks.

4,500. Seriously. On my worst week, which was the unforgettable points bingo where I basically trashed round the clock to get the final 320 actress we needed I think we trashed close to 2750 by Sunday. Other international folks have made it to over 3000 I think with bingo.... It’s NOT possible in 6 days with round the clock trashing to trash 4500 tasks. Except of course, with diamonds. So large teams will HAVE to come up with a different strategy which is why some folks are asking for hints so they can plan ahead.

for my team, we will simply carry on and probably be finishing 12-18 hours later than normal - having nothing to do with the ‘ease’ or ‘difficulty’ of the tasks, having only to do with getting the number of 320s needed to finish.

It’s just math and the task board. It’s nothing to do with difficulty of tasks. This is before we understand as well if the task blocker is working as usual - sure the tasks are faster but if 4 baskets are in play, you won’t get more even if they’re shorter to complete? Again, we are the guinea pigs. Sigh.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 173, town 65
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Forum Veteran
    We prep well and don’t have trouble finishing normal tasks, what we have trouble with is finding enough big tasks with 25+ opted in.
    having easier tasks isn’t really helpful if they aren’t appearing with increased frequency. Our normal trash rate is around 9 or 10:1 (9 or 10 tasks trashed for every keeper), let’s say we aim similar needing 375 tasks rather than 250, it’s not possible to trash enough tasks in 6 days (without burning diamonds - which we don’t!) to find that many tasks at 10:1

Unless something has changed in task spawning, it’s clear we. need a new strategy - it isn’t a lot to ask to have enough detail to decide that. I realise today is stress central in Finland with so many fails and glitches with the update, but I have to ask:

Why not provide this derby detail up front with the sneak peak?
    Why run a new high pressure derby right behind the update, knowing the usual mess of urgent fixes normally required post update?
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Agreed Steve. Could have probably waited a week before rolling out a whole new derby with 150 help alerts flashing in my help tab.
    I get it Dove, we do the same thing. I can only pray that they adjust for the increased task demand by giving more 320's. If not, this derby is going to be a hot mess.
    Last edited by Cowslips; October 15th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Why put it this week ... Because every derby before has not have that and people asked why they didn't directly put the new one ... Now it's done and i'm part of these who are happy with it ... that's why ...

And for the other crying for how Can it be that we shall have all horserewards ... Just read, everything IS really clear as you concentrate and read ... That's all ...

Already love this update ... Just fix the help/no help bug ... 😉
    Farm 138 ... Town 41 My goal is to have my level 150 with my town at 50 ... yeah crazy

Ahh, that's why.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    Agreed Steve. Could have probably waited a week before rolling out a whole new derby with 150 help alerts flashing in my help tab.
    I get it Dove, we do the same thing. I can only pray that they adjust for the increased task demand by giving more 320's. If not, this derby is going to be a hot mess.
    Its not just help though Chip, town is broken for my hood, nobody can see townies to collect to prep or for tasks tomorrow.
    I have 26 opted in, super competitive hood nowneeding to find 390 tasks to fully completed LOL. That’s essentially one and a half tasks per board refresh for 6 whole days. It would be great to know exactly how this derby differs from normal.
    Big parts of the game broken, and no clear idea of how the derby will really function tomorrow ...... we live in interesting times
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Same here Steve.
    The people are still in the town, it just doesn't show them. Forces you to visit everyone's town and manually see who's available.
    It's the same question I ask myself every time this happens: Are they doing it on purpose to be mysterious? Or are they totally inept?
    Last edited by Chipfarm; October 15th, 2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: oops

Pleae fix the town issue before power derby starts as a lot of tasks rely on the personal train to work