Thread: Crazy war search time

Crazy war search time

I've been waiting 18 hours for a war search to find an opponent and I'm still waiting.
    We're a smaller sized clan and don't always have enough players who opt in to do larger wars, so we have regular 5v5 wars - it's not abnormal for their searches to take longer, but 18 hours? That's pushing the limit.
    I can attach a screenshot on my PC if needed.
    ONSGOOIMIELIES | Level 9 war clan

Try limiting the range of Townhalls in your search to less than three. Also, make sure none of them are engineered to throw off your search.

Level 16
    - 5,128/17,100
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 185] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

I think the search is broken.
    We have been searching for a war opponent for more than 3 days now. Each day we get a message saying "No opponent found, try starting a war again". We have tried a handful of different combinations of players for 5v5.
    The combination isn't any thing new and we've played hundreds of wars and many with the same group. What's going on here?

It's just that the matchmaker can't find the right opponent for you. Can I see your roster, please?
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 2 Days Ago at 11:44 AM.

Isn't it still a crapshoot no matter what your roster is? I'm pretty sure that the match maker tries to find a clan with a roster very close your own, which will always widely vary... how would you like me to give you the details of our rosters?
    Last edited by xSOxGOOD; 2 Days Ago at 12:01 PM.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by xSOxGOOD View Post
    Isn't it still a crapshoot no matter what your roster is? I'm pretty sure that the match maker tries to find a clan with a roster very close your own, which will always widely vary... how would you like me to give you the details of our rosters?
    If you are doing 5v5 wars, it helps to have a tight spread of town halls. So bringing a th7 to war with a 12 is likely to give up problems. What th levels are you bring and are any of them an odd build or engineered?

4 TH 11's
    1 TH 9
    They are all rushed (I guess engineered) to some extent.

1 TH 12
    3 TH 11's
    1 TH 10
    Only 1 rushed-ish member in this group.

None of our members are rushed/engineered nearly to the extent of what you'd think, though. Those accounts have heroes all under lvl 20. Nothing like we have encountered in wars before (i.e. lvl 50 heroes)

I know the matchmaking was updated for more balance. Its just nothing new for us in terms of war groupings. I'll try a 10v10 war to see if it gives us a better shot..