Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engineering | FAQ & Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Ah. The penny finally drops. I was always amazed by people wanting to add weight to the hall. Didnt actually occur to me that if nothing is missing from the previous hall, then nothing is added (even tho it will have been stated 100 times already in past discussions). Doh.
    Sometimes people ARE suggesting the hall have weight. That is a terrible idea that would make every base weigh more, so it accomplishes little other than punishing rushers. The far superior option is to instead just have a minimum weight total based on your hall level, rather than giving the hall itself weight. There are better options than that, too, but it is a simple one that would be easy for all to understand. It looks like SC has little interest in going that direction, though. They instead seem to believe the rewards of CWL combined with the inability to upgrade halls without building all defenses will be enough to eliminate engineering. I don’t agree with that, but do agree engineering will be reduced.

Unfortunately, it is the newer players that will have to deal with engineering the most in the future. Veteran players will be upgraded to th12 and not impacted by engineers in regular wars. New players will be facing engineered accounts that are mini accounts of players that were just left for regular wars and aren’t used for CWL.
    Last edited by 2222; 5 Days Ago at 01:16 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Forum Veteran
    The solution to stop engineering is one where war isn't based on weight at all. No more weight no more engineering. Yes it can be that simple.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    The solution to stop engineering is one where war isn't based on weight at all. No more weight no more engineering. Yes it can be that simple.
    Then you must be happy to hear about clan war leagues update.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

New Bloke/Chick
    How do we know clan war league isn't a test trial for moving all wars to 1 attack per player? That, in itself is a semi nerf of engineering. So what if an engineer can attack higher. Someone higher has to dip. The engineer gives up 3 easy stars and can't earn more than 3.

Forum Veteran
    I actually am curious how my clan will do
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Engineering may work a little for the initial placement war (the first war league bracket) then after that itís all just skill based, you move up if you win then youíll start seeing leveled up bases that will just overpower engineered

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrick View Post
    How do we know clan war league isn't a test trial for moving all wars to 1 attack per player? That, in itself is a semi nerf of engineering. So what if an engineer can attack higher. Someone higher has to dip. The engineer gives up 3 easy stars and can't earn more than 3.
    This is where map composition gives a false impression. Since it is compiled using defensive strength, people think the engineered account is hitting up. The reality is that if that base is an offensively rushed 11, and hits a th10, then that is actually a dip attack, even tho the opposition may be sitting higher up the map.
    Its actual war weight may in fact be much heavier than that 10 he/she is attacking. So its best to simply use war map as a defensive strength guide, not as a measure of an accounts weight or worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Engineering may work a little for the initial placement war (the first war league bracket) then after that it’s all just skill based, you move up if you win then you’ll start seeing leveled up bases that will just overpower engineered
    Agree with this. Maybe not at first, but an engineered accounts ceiling will be lower than a maxers.

Of course we are talking engineering as we know it at present. Optimum will be max 12.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Days Ago at 09:59 PM.