Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you lead a clan?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
    It took me over 10 million gold creating a clan and then disbanding it again. No one wants to join. I need some helpful advice from a clan leader .
    Donate a lot. do not boot anyone before you have over 30 members, keep your clan type to be "anyone can join" all the time. It takes months before your clan can be in good shape just be patient. Having some mini accounts helps a lot - you can start clan war at day one. And most important, set your clan's trophy requirement as low as 800 or even lower.
    My clan is now at lv 10 and our trophy requirement is still 800. Truth is, those who joined your clan at TH7 or lower and grew with the clan are the most loyal ones. All my Co were th7 and lower when then joined my clan. Now they are Th10/11. We always welcome high th players to join us but few of them can fit in. TBH, more or less, most of the players who are still looking for a clan after TH8 have some problems IMO. Good luck.
    Last edited by Aoeatcoc; October 13th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    How do you lead a clan....

By example.
    Exactly...done this twice now taken two clans from nothing to 10 plus. Not an easy job and combined neither cost me that much gold even with the addition of RAMs in the last TH upgrade......40k each to start if I remember correctly although I have been a big advocate of the price being moved to 1 million to start a clan.

By example.
    Perfect answer, go out and do the the homework yourself, then educate clan on attacks and about the nuisances of the game. Your clan mates will appreciate it if you have the answers they are looking for regarding game play, troop mechanics, war strategies etc.

You lead a clan from the front

I recommend becoming at least a Th9 to run one

My first thought is that you should ask yourself why you want to lead a clan?

Unless you have 9 other real world friends that you trust my advice is to join an existing clan and let someone else have the headaches. Actually, with recent developments you might make 15 minimum clan size.

Once you get there, be prepared to kick 99 hoppers for every real recruit you find. Look in global, but also check you defense log and league for unaffiliated nomads. If you war with a clan in trouble, send an invite to the guys who did bother to attack, they may be looking for a good clan. Facebook, forums, reddit, and any other recruiting plan you can come up with. In four or five years you may eventually have a viable clan.

Or just join a good clan and let someone else deal with it.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    by being a great coleader.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

But in all seriousness starting and running a successful clan isn't really a solo gig.

Unless you have a few reliable and active Co-Leaders to help you out its doubtful a clan will ever go anywhere.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...

By example.
    Two words with a meaning of thousands...

/Gotta spread some...

Banned
    Honestly, you need a good core group of players before you can think of leading a clan. Or you need multiple good accounts to have a foundation as a "1-man army". Nobody will join your clan with any longevity most likely if you are a soloist just starting a brand new clan. I've built up my own empire with my many high-level accounts and I'm very active. Also, a level 1 clan is a major turnoff to newcomers, and rightfully so. There's no donation upgrades and refunds, only 5 troops donated at a time, 20 min cc requests. My advice to you, is to find a friend of yours who is a clan leader with at least some sort of perks who is inactive, and tell him you'd like to be leader of the clan to get started. Otherwise, just find a good clan to join and be an active elder/ coleader, sometimes being a leader is a true headache. Good luck