Thread: Clan war recommended target

Clan war recommended target

We don't usually pay attention to the recommended target in wars, but I'm curious how it's determined. The last 2 wars, our top 3-4 bases all had their 3 as the recommended 1st target. Is it determined by your offense versus their defense?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawesome View Post
    We don't usually pay attention to the recommended target in wars, but I'm curious how it's determined. The last 2 wars, our top 3-4 bases all had their 3 as the recommended 1st target. Is it determined by your offense versus their defense?
    Yeah, pretty much. It is a popular belief that recommended target suggests your offence weight. But its best done before any hits are done.
    Only problem is, there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is not the case.
    In the days when I counted our weight, I used this method to plot our progress. Nowadays, we simply upgrade as we see necessary and attack the roster from bottom to top. This way, rec target doesnt mean much. A lot has changed, and I tend to no longer try to play a numbers game.
    But if you felt the need to weight watch, I think its as good a way to determine off weight as anything, although will take a few wars to come up with any numbers, meaningful or otherwise.

Edit. Is this the link you were looking for?..https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...mmended+target
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 05:21 PM.

Appreciate it, we work up as well.

It would be nice if we had at least 1 base targeted to their 1 up front but we still won so it's not that big a deal.

If you use the search function there is a fairly lengthy thread on recommended target for 1-2 months ago that will explain it in greater detail.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    If you use the search function there is a fairly lengthy thread on recommended target for 1-2 months ago that will explain it in greater detail.
    Can you post the link here? After searching a few times I either can’t find the thread you’re mentioning or I’m looking for the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Can you post the link here? After searching a few times I either can’t find the thread you’re mentioning or I’m looking for the wrong thing.
    I'll see if I can find it tonight, short answer is your reccomend target on battle day before any bases have been attacked is your offense weight. It will shift once there are star's against the enemy bases.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...tacks-Defenses

Level 16
    - 5,128/17,100
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 185] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I'll see if I can find it tonight, short answer is your reccomend target on battle day before any bases have been attacked is your offense weight. It will shift once there are star's against the enemy bases.
    While I may be in the minority, I've seen numerous examples where 'recommended target' doesn't equate to my personal evaluation of offensive weight, therefore I'd suggest that any blanket statement about 'Recommended Target = Offensive Weight" should be taken with a pinch of salt!

For example :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11179829
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/47/20

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    While I may be in the minority, I've seen numerous examples where 'recommended target' doesn't equate to my personal evaluation of offensive weight, therefore I'd suggest that any blanket statement about 'Recommended Target = Offensive Weight" should be taken with a pinch of salt!

For example :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11179829
    I agree specially if opponent weight has a big gap in between. Also, I think Grand Warden adds a really heavy weight by just unlocking them.