Thread: [Idea] Heavily-Engineered Bases

[Idea] Heavily-Engineered Bases

First off, let me say that I don't feel strongly about the "engineering problem" one way or the other. My clan tends to beat heavily engineered clans most of the time (engineering and skill do not always go hand-in-hand), but I also don't like war matchups against heavily engineered clans as we always have to work that much harder than our opponents (I'd just prefer not to see them to be honest). I also doubt that this is a new idea, but I haven't seen such a post so I figured I'd put one up.

SC has capped the creation of heavily engineered clans following the last update, making it mandatory to drop all turrets before moving onto the next TH level. However, those players who were already heavily engineered aren't effected by this. I'm hoping that the introduction of CWL (and its rewards) will further motivate some of these players to even out their offense vs defense, but if it were my base, I'm not sure this would motivate me to "ruin" a strong base that I cannot create anymore; if anything, I'd probably just start and level a new base, which is really easy to do now-a-days anyway.

Instead, I'd like to see SC just "comp" those players missing turrets from previous TH levels (i.e., if a TH11, all TH10 and lower turrets that are missing are just given to the player as a level 1 defense). This wouldn't cost the player any resources and it would satisfy the current requirements of upgrading to that TH level, so it essentially evens out the playing field for new vs old players. Alternatively, the war matchmaker could simply give each base credit for all turrets required to be at that TH level, whether the turret is dropped or not (if not dropped, considered a lvl1 turret); dropping the turret is the big hit to WW anyway. However its done, I'd imagine most players would want to work towards getting these "new" turrets up to being "war ready" and so some heads-up from SC would probably be appreciated to allow players to start dropping & leveling turrets before everything is forced on them all at once (couple months?).

I can't say that I see this happening nor am I going to lose any sleep over it. It's simply an idea that I would like to see implemented.

Sorry OP, but giving free defences to engineers is fundamentally unfair to those that did the grind. Engineers had their moment, they got away with their exploits for long enough; and gained an advantage from it.

Trainee
    Let me see if I understand your correctly OP. You want to give out free buildings (not turrets mind you) to people who have exploited the game and now are being reprimanded? What good is that? They already have the competitive edge in war and now you want them to have a strong defense and be able to easily get to TH12 where they will be able to get even stronger? No way friend, make them work for it.

Alternatively, why not just make every account a maxed town hall 12? That would also even everything out.

First off, you should know that I'm not an engineer (I like the max'er approach personally) and so my suggestion comes from someone who will not benefit if this is implemented.

Second, I'm also not sure I understand how this will "benefit engineers". My suggestion ensures that every base carries the turrets required to attain that TH level, as per the current requirements in leveling up in CoC (e.g., to be a TH12, you need to drop all TH11 turrets). I'm not suggesting that SC gives players these turrets at the max level which, I agree, would circumvent much of the grind that other players had to go through. No, I'm suggesting these turrets be given to players at LEVEL 1. Players are still going to be responsible for leveling up each of these turrets to make them useful. It just makes it so the weight of every turret is correctly applied to each base, correct in that the game now requires these turrets to be built to reach that TH level and so they should count towards WW anyway. Alternatively, if players so chose, they can keep these turrets at level 1; which current players can also do and so this is what I mean by an even playing field. I don't really see this as any sort of benefit to these players as dropping a new turret carries a good bit of WW and as a level 1 turret, they're essentially useless; I tend to do my turrets one-by-one, dropping and leveling one turret at a time as a bunch of level1 turrets can hit my WW fairly hard and do nothing for me defensively. In that, I would argue that this isn't a benefit to engineers, but its going to be a detriment.

Third, I don't see how dropping a level 1 turret really constitutes "working for it". I can collect the gold needed for the majority of level1 turrets in a single raid. Maybe an argument can be made for the big defenses (e.g., EA, IT, xbows) but even then, its really not that big of chore to farm out those resources. Yes, you're skipping the time required to build that turret, but again, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. There are also books & runes to make all this much easier. Yes, giving someone a level1 turret will skip some of the time/resources for which other players had to budget, but this is a small gimme compared to what engineers will lose.