Thread: Wall upgrade strategy

Wall upgrade strategy

Looking for advice on wall upgrade strategy. I have 7 lab upgrades left, 15 level 6 walls and 17 level 5 walls. Ive been upgrading level 5 to 6 as I get gold but am wondering if I should start getting some to 7 so that I can use elixir to get them to 8 when lab is done. Thanks in advance

Forum Hero
    You should get as many walls to level 7 as possible so that when you run out of lab you dump all elixir into walls.

If you are running a 5 or 6 day lab upgrade you might even do a wall segment in between while the lab is running so you don't hit the 4M cap.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum All-Star
    I got all of mine to 5 then started getting one segment to 8 at a time. Seems to go faster that way for me.

I second what Klavious said. At a minimum upgrade a couple walls to level 7. That will give you room to dump 6 million in elixir. As you upgrade a wall to level 8, make it a point to upgrade another wall to level 7 so you always have room for the excess elixir.

Forum Legend
    You can use a tracker like this: https://pixelcrux.com/Clash_of_Clans...ss_Tracker/App

... to figure out how much Elixir and how much Gold you can actually use, from your current state until you are maxed.

I did the calculations, when I had maxed all my buildings and was pouring elixir into the last troop upgrades and found, that I actually had to do almost every level 7 to level 8 wall upgrade, with Elixir.

SO, upgrade a few wall segments to level 7, and then just pour all the gold you can into the lower level walls .. when you run out of stuff to use Elixir on (or if you need to spend some elixir a few days early when the laboratory is working on some of the last long term troop upgrades), just pour it into a level 7 wall. (then make another level 7 wall and always keep a few of them ready)

WHEN you have your troops maxed out across the board, you'll be able to make 2 level 7 to level 8 upgrades a week. It takes about that time to acquire 6 million resources.

Upgrading the walls is a long process, but remember: Almost all of the ones that can be upgraded with Elixir, HAS to be upgraded with Elixir.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Are you sure level 7 walls can upgrade to level 8 with elixer? I though it started at upgrading level 8 to level 9 with elixer.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToby11 View Post
    Are you sure level 7 walls can upgrade to level 8 with elixer? I though it started at upgrading level 8 to level 9 with elixer.

Builder Base, MrToby11, Builder Base ..

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Walls/Builder_Base

.. and yes, I'm sure.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

The strategy i use is: with gold each level 5 segment i upgrade it straight to level 7 with gold (3.2M of gold) so when i have some runes or almost overflowing elixir, i use them on level 7 to 8 walls upgrade.