Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Members leave during war and don't return

New Members leave during war and don't return

The title says it all. I wish it was possible to not allow members to leave a clan when they are in a war. They where opted in so they must have wanted to participate. Two TH9s where new members in our clan and they left in which we had to resort with a TH8 attacking a TH9 which resulted in a 2 star 70% pretty good considering. Yes it doesn't prevent them from not attacking but at least it gives them a inconvenience and they will really think about opting in button.

Added:
    But then again if you use another clan to get donations that will cause a problem. I guess the ineligibility is the only thing that hurts them but still it hurts when this happens for no reason at all. Or maybe they can make it where they will be ineligible for a more longer period of time for like a week if they don't finish their attacks but allow a member to leave and rejoin if they go look for a donation.

There is no real way to prevent this from happening only one way don't recruit at all. I am quite aware that possibly this has been discussed but with clan leagues happening maybe it should be discussed again.
    Last edited by KingAroth; October 11th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    The title says it all. I wish it was possible to not allow members to leave a clan when they are in a war. They where opted in so they must have wanted to participate. Two TH9s where new members in our clan and they left in which we had to resort with a TH8 attacking a TH9 which resulted in a 2 star 70% pretty good considering. Yes it doesn't prevent them from not attacking but at least it gives them a inconvenience and they will really think about opting in button.

Added:
    But then again if you use another clan to get donations that will cause a problem. I guess the ineligibility is the only thing that hurts them but still it hurts when this happens for no reason at all. Or maybe they can make it where they will be ineligible for a more longer period of time for like a week if they don't finish their attacks but allow a member to leave and rejoin if they go look for a donation.

There is no real way to prevent this from happening only one way don't recruit at all. I am quite aware that possibly this has been discussed but with clan leagues happening maybe it should be discussed again.
    my clan never put any new member to war, till they stay for a few wars, and shows they can at least to do a proper funnel in FC, this will sort most of the war hopper issue
    Last edited by samratulangi; October 11th, 2018 at 03:56 PM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Pro Member

Added:

There actually is a way to at least minimize the chance of it happening. Don't put new folks in your clan into the war roster even if they are opted in. Make them wait some period of time to prove their worth before you allow them to war with you. Letting folks into war minutes or hours after they join is not the right answer.

Keeping them in the clan won't force them to attack. My guess is if they're leaving before they attack, it would not have been a good attack anyway.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Keeping them in the clan won't force them to attack. My guess is if they're leaving before they attack, it would not have been a good attack anyway.
    This^^^

And that’s not to mention all of the havoc they could cause in war and in the clan if they are forced to stay. Can’t leave a clan I hate being in? Wrong war cc donations and wrong donations in general. Wasting their forced attacks with an all wall breaker army on the bottom base? Abusive in clan chat? Or what if they find themselves in an abusive clan and can’t leave until war is over? Forcing a player to stay in a clan for any reason is a bad idea. The best advice available has already been posted: don’t put new members in war until they have been around for a few days or a week or whatever. Ask them to do some FCs to check their attacking skill.

Forum Veteran
    So you want to lock hoppers in clans, force them to stay, or increase the penalty of leaving.
    Am sure SC will go for this one..not.
    Hoppers are a part of the game. Same way as you should be wary of anyone rolling in with a war timer, you should never put anyone into their first war, until they sat out a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There actually is a way to at least minimize the chance of it happening. Don't put new folks in your clan into the war roster even if they are opted in. Make them wait some period of time to prove their worth before you allow them to war with you. Letting folks into war minutes or hours after they join is not the right answer.
    That is not a guarantee that they wouldn't do it anyway. I had a guy awhile ago that was active, good record and was a help. Did a couple of wars both attacks. Then one day, guess what, he was in war and left not doing any attacks. I checked his profile he joined a clan that had more perks than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    This^^^

And thatís not to mention all of the havoc they could cause in war and in the clan if they are forced to stay. Canít leave a clan I hate being in? Wrong war cc donations and wrong donations in general. Wasting their forced attacks with an all wall breaker army on the bottom base? Abusive in clan chat? Or what if they find themselves in an abusive clan and canít leave until war is over? Forcing a player to stay in a clan for any reason is a bad idea. The best advice available has already been posted: donít put new members in war until they have been around for a few days or a week or whatever. Ask them to do some FCs to check their attacking skill.
    I didn't post that they wouldn't be able to not kick them. Still able to kick them out of the clan with extra bonus no war for them for a week. I just want the ineligible timer to be extended unless they do both or one attack in war.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    So you want to lock hoppers in clans, force them to stay, or increase the penalty of leaving.
    Am sure SC will go for this one..not.
    Hoppers are a part of the game. Same way as you should be wary of anyone rolling in with a war timer, you should never put anyone into their first war, until they sat out a war.
    These new members where eligible for war when they joined. Usually a hopper joins your clan gets a donation and leaves. But these guys stayed in the clan for a week. They where a good risk but turned out they where a problem.

Well my new policy since I have many accounts is not put in too many members unless I can cover the entire war. If I have 5 accounts in a 10v10 war that is 10 attacks with the same Town Hall Level. If I go above that amount I need to make sure I have enough good members built up to cover the bottom. I have a single TH9 and I will only put in one member who is a TH9 to make sure I can cover their attacks. Its a shame we got to do adjustments like this stuff. The spying, the hopping and the campers is just ridiculous.

PS Camper is someone who joins your clan and does nothing at all.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; October 13th, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Well my new policy since I have many accounts is not put in too many members unless I can cover the entire war. If I have 5 accounts in a 10v10 war that is 10 attacks with the same Town Hall Level. If I go above that amount I need to make sure I have enough good members built up to cover the bottom. I have a single TH9 and I will only put in one member who is a TH9 to make sure I can cover their attacks. Its a shame we got to do adjustments like this stuff. The spying, the hopping and the campers is just ridiculous.

PS Camper is someone who joins your clan and does nothing at all.
    This is what I do. In our current 15v war, I have 8 accounts. Mate whom came with me to start clan has 3 accounts in. Is a young guy that got keen, is learning fast, so he is included when available. Also are 2 low accounts, that mostly try. Is good practice for them/learning with no pressure. So 1 filler, that is inactive when we do 15v, and participation is guarenteed.
    Learned a long time ago, that the person you can trust most of all, is yourself.
    Hoppers come in all forms. If you check history on clash of stats, you will usually learn their habits mate.
    For a growing clan, even campers have a use. A crowd will draw a crowd. Try standing in the street, with your buddies, looking up in the same direction. Watch how many will be drawn to look at what you are seeing. Humans are social beasts/pack animals

Pro Member
    I didn't post that they wouldn't be able to not kick them. Still able to kick them out of the clan with extra bonus no war for them for a week. I just want the ineligible timer to be extended unless they do both or one attack in war.
    So essentially, if someone irritates you in any way whatsoever, you can kick them out and their punishment is no war for a week anywhere? I canít imagine why folks are leaving you high and dry during war.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So essentially, if someone irritates you in any way whatsoever, you can kick them out and their punishment is no war for a week anywhere? I can’t imagine why folks are leaving you high and dry during war.
    Sounds like my work place