Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak peek #1: New Boosters and Online Activity!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumperjing3 View Post
    I just dunno how this ďenhancesĒ or helps in any form with playing HD? Iíve never played Clan so it may help to know how many are online in that game? Can you explain how it helps you while playing Clan? I donít see any benefit here.
    I see it as creating some tension in the NB. And please donít tell me Iím in the wrong NB. I made that NB about 2 years ago and many of the 22 have been there for the duration.
    I just wish SC had spent their time and energy on gameplay instead of something so useless.
    Iíd like to be directed to the thread with everyone asking that this be added to the game. I come here often and I must of missed that over abundance of pleas for this feature.
    Iím not here to complain. Iím here to try to understand what use this will be to the game. I love HD and very much appreciate all their hard work on updates.
    So if anyone can enlighten how this feature will be beneficial then please do tell. I have been known to change my opinion...on occasion. Donít think it will happen this time tho.
    +1

I don't see it either .. can recall seeing pet naming to be optional being made, so that the screen-drag that happens may be avoided, can also remember requests for online status of those in friends tab being made (vaguely)/ when an RSS is loaded for there to be an alert and lord knows what else .. Can even recall requests being made to shoot Maggie on sight (ok ok, I made that one up) but... whatever... I like the idea of being able to help hoodies with truck flags but, so far, that's the only bit that's caught my imagination.

Boosters I largely ignore. Majority are of no use to me but, may well be useful to others.

And we already pretty much come n go at ours, so a few green lights won't make much of a difference, tho, I can see in hoods where you have the chatty Cathy, it being a nuisance lol

The rest...meh....

Waiting to see what else we have coming...

Fresh Spawn
    I donít care how many people are online, I want to know who hasnít been online in over 30 days so I can get rid of them from my friends list to make room for people who actually still play the game.

Fresh Spawn
    Terrible idea. When its a small nh no way it would it be anonymous as you state - it will be obvious who is online. I wonít be playing as much as a result.

Why should we need that. Hayday developer should better correct existing mistakes instead of delighting us with innovations like names for pets or how many neighbors are online. I really donít need that.

Greeny honeyĎs time, level 176. Co-leader

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    It only shows how many, not who. It can't be switched off.

Cheers,

Nick
    I'm reminded that we forumites represent a small subset of the player community and what the forum wants doesn't align always with the rest of the player base which requested to see the online activity so Team Hay Day will implement it in the next update.

Coding any new feature is never a simple task so Team Hay Day must believe it will benefit many players. Nick, per Team Hay Day, what are the benefits of our knowing the number of players online at a given time?

Or would you like me to save this question for the next installment of Hay Day Developers Q&A?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I’m simply grateful that the in-game link led to the forum and not Facebook. Yay for progress! 
    LOL, Supercell must've shore up their servers if they're linking the Sneak Peeks to their forums instead of FB. A few years ago, Team Clash of Clans directed their players here to discuss a controversial Sneak Peak and it got so many hits and they crashed the forums for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg1 View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to show if people are online or not. Wouldn't be a problem in my small neighborhood but i can see it being problems in bigger ones.
    Why would it be a problem in bigger neighborhoods if players see the number of players online?

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I honestly thought it would be invasive, but it does not bother me at all. For sure if it was a green indicator light beside my name, it would feel invasive, like here... on the forum...
    May I suggest flipping the switch to invisible mode like me? I did it a few years and forgot how to do it. Let's see if I can find out how to switch from yellow to green and vice versa.

EDIT: Click Settings in upper right corner, General Settings in left column, Invisible Mode On.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumperjing3 View Post
    I just dunno how this “enhances” or helps in any form with playing HD? I’ve never played Clan so it may help to know how many are online in that game? Can you explain how it helps you while playing Clan? I don’t see any benefit here.
    This feature of showing how many members are online was implemented in Clash of Clans and Clash Royale a few years ago. We Clashers use it for friendly matches by attacking each other's bases without losing resources when we see clanmates online. If I see 1/50, I know that I'm the only member online at the moment and can't do friendly matches.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Days Ago at 05:38 AM. Reason: grammar
    Lynn, 10-2-18, clasher and farmer, but not boomer and brawler

Supercell CEO and Founder Ilkka Paananen on the culture of his company
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...pany-s-culture

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    It does not show who is online it shows how many are online.
    Unless youíre in a hood by yourself or with max 2 people you canít know who isnít online when the indicator says 5/15 are online.
    Lol. We are asking "What's the point?" And "who cares who is online?" Especially since we won't know the names. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other. It just doesn't make sense to a good many ppl, why we/you need to know the quantity of folks online. That's all I'm saying , along with others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaJim View Post
    I donít care how many people are online, I want to know who hasnít been online in over 30 days so I can get rid of them from my friends list to make room for people who actually still play the game.
    AWESOME ....THAT would be a much better reason for the "online " update.

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    +1

I don't see it either .. can recall seeing pet naming to be optional being made, so that the screen-drag that happens may be avoided, can also remember requests for online status of those in friends tab being made (vaguely)/ when an RSS is loaded for there to be an alert and lord knows what else .. Can even recall requests being made to shoot Maggie on sight (ok ok, I made that one up) but... whatever... I like the idea of being able to help hoodies with truck flags but, so far, that's the only bit that's caught my imagination.

Boosters I largely ignore. Majority are of no use to me but, may well be useful to others.

And we already pretty much come n go at ours, so a few green lights won't make much of a difference, tho, I can see in hoods where you have the chatty Cathy, it being a nuisance lol

The rest...meh....

Waiting to see what else we have coming...
    👍❣ You took the words right out of my mouth. Lol. Tyvm.

I don’t see how the ‘number online’ is going to *help* anyone, but I can see how it’s going to *annoy* a lot of people and cause tension.

Can anyone explain *how* it’s supposed to help in Hay Day (not Clash).

I think it’s pointless...as on this forum. It shows I’m ‘online’, but it doesn’t mean I’m actually ‘here’. Same with HD, it’ll show I’m ‘online’ pretty much 24/7, but actually all that’s indicating is my iPad is online & that can’t help anyone by itself!

I can’t see the point of it in HD, if people WANT to help or chat they will, trying to guilt people into it, is not nice.
    Level 147 (& 42+ Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

It is only sneak peek number 1 so hopefully some exciting news is to follow.

Boosters are a good idea but the way they are implemented in your game is awful. Putting aside there are only three slots, the amount of 1 and 2 start fodder I have to trash on a daily basis makes this entire booster card idea feel like trash.

Make the cards feel significant. Currently when I get a booster, its a nuisance to deal with, rarely have I gotten excited when I get a card.

Hopefully the next sneak peek is more exciting