Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak peek #1: New Boosters and Online Activity!

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    Reading through this thread I can say I honestly feel sorry for Nick and the mods. The number of times they have explained the online status is merely numbers, not specific names, nothing to identify the specific people who are online, to then be followed by yet another person saying, essentially, "I don't want anyone to know when I'm online" is staggering and frightening! Other than a two person hood, how does 17/30 tell anyone that "you" are online?

Most people know "I/O" in the tech industry refers to "input/output". However, for those of us actually in that field, who must deal with "users" and "user comments", there is another meaning when we say "It's an I/O problem", namely "idiot operator". i'm not suggesting that term applies to anyone here, of course....
    If you're in a smaller hood it is easier to work out.

Just because you don't see the problem doesn't mean you can just insult people either.
    Last edited by papewaio; 1 Week Ago at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post
    Most people know "I/O" in the tech industry refers to "input/output". However, for those of us actually in that field, who must deal with "users" and "user comments", there is another meaning when we say "It's an I/O problem", namely "idiot operator". i'm not suggesting that term applies to anyone here, of course....
    https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/

Centennial Club
    Can very slots using coin the rest using diamond or can also using invite how many friend open how many slots. It is more better. People can don't spent a lot of diamond on the slots.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by StillVerticalandHolding View Post
    👍❣ You took the words right out of my mouth. Lol. Tyvm.
    Wahay! My pleasure, darling, and Ty too! It's rare I get something right so, I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself right now lol
    *buffs nails*

Thank you! Youíve no idea how many times I say this to myself each and every update. In fact, I just wrote a thread about this very subject in the General section of the forums. Every update people are going to complain about every little thing thatís not to their liking or hating how something they suggested didnít make it ink said update. I also let SC know that I appreciate all their hard work too because it must take a toll on them to read or hear about all the negativity thrown their way. And there is a big difference between constructive criticism and just hating on them. Show them the

Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    I really hate seeing all the negativity expressed here. I appreciate the suggestions and concerns. Yes, I see the loss of anonymity in a small hood w the online feature. I would b upset about that one. Thankfully I just left my 2 person small hood. And I also agree that we need more booster storage. But canít we just appreciate the new features for what they are, even if we donít find them personally useful? Iím sure others will enjoy them! It must be really discouraging for the developers to put in all that work and all they get is complaints! I know, I know....they r making big bucks, but we r also playing a free game! One which I happen to love, donít spend a penny on, and want to continue to play for free! I appreciate your efforts supercell. Please excuse the negativity but keep your ears open to constructive suggestions!

I like the fact that I’ll be able to tell if anyone is online because if no one is, then I can save my fingers from typing “anyone on, anyone need anything” and getting nothing in return. And now that I know that I’ll be able to tell, I’ll just type “anyone need anything” if they want to remain “hidden” then I’m not going to badger the chat with a “hey, I know you’re here answer me “ and I will instruct my teammates to do the same. Not only that but there might be times were it does show someone on but they might be away from their screen and thus not get an answer right away so if I got no response back, no biggie.
    The best thing to do concerning this new feature is to talk about it with your NH and leader(s) in advance about how “you” want to handle something like this.
    And once again, it doesn’t say who is on, just how many.

Fresh Spawn
    I’m glad it remains anonymous. Sometimes people ask for items too much when I’m online and I don’t want them to know I’m on and reading their request.
    Last edited by TrailsEndFarm1; 6 Days Ago at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    it will only show if your in the game. Not if your iPad is online. What made you think that?

🙄 because when my iPad is on, my game is running and itís generally the screen I leave open when Iím busy with other things.
    Level 147 (& 42+ Town)
    Achievements: 140/141 * Mastered: 39/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaJim View Post
    I donít care how many people are online, I want to know who hasnít been online in over 30 days so I can get rid of them from my friends list to make room for people who actually still play the game.

You see, that idea is actually usefull.....i totally agree !!!

The function showing online activity is not any ordinary update and addition to the game. The hay day team should have the good judgement to understand that, and offer hoods the possibility to switch off that monitor if they wish to. I hope they come to their senses regarding that.