Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Clan War Leagues make you strongly consider maxing your engineered bases?

Does Clan War Leagues make you strongly consider maxing your engineered bases?

Based on what has been shared so far, are people now considering maxing out your engineered bases if you are including them in the CWL?

I spoke with clan leader over the weekend, and stated we would build our roster based on whoever has the highest heroes and is available to war. This would mean my engineered TH11 has a spot, but his weaker than full TH11 defenses gives me pause. I am considering adding all the new defenses that come with TH11, but I really wanted to get all his walls to level 11 before adding any new defenses.

I'm wondering how the rewards will differ when compared to clan wars.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 40/60/30 TH12: 41/42/20 TH10: 18/18
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    Based on what has been shared so far, are people now considering maxing out your engineered bases if you are including them in the CWL?
    Unless I missed something there doesn't appear to have been enough information released to go any particular direction with any particular group of accounts and given that information that does get released is often different than reality, I'm not sure it matters until we can see it. Does it ?

Been a little busy & haven't really looked at the war leagues -or maybe when I did, there weren't details or I didn't understand them.

All engineering flows our of the matchmaker, how will matches be made in the leagues? I don't know yet.
    Last edited by TankSinatra; October 9th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Based on the fact the CWL is only one week a month and only 15 bases are required to participate, I don't see why engineering can't continue as normal, especially if the clan doesn't care about CWL. Even if they do care about CWL, with only 15 required, you could certainly do both in any given clan. Would be more work, but you could have your CWL bases and your normal war bases all in the same clan.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Been a little busy & haven't really looked at the war leagues -or maybe when I did, there weren't details or I didn't understand them.

All engineering flows our of the matchmaker, how will matches be made in the leagues? I don't know yet.
    It's like the Builder Base matchmaker. Engineering is meaningless there. You move up or down "tiers" based on total stars won in your "tier". Basically each CWL week you are matched with 7 other random clans in your tier and you have a round robin of wars. You move up or down or stay in the current tier based on where your clan ranked star-wise at the end of the CWL week. At least if I understand it correctly.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; October 9th, 2018 at 02:37 PM.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Based on the fact the CWL is only one week a month and only 15 bases are required to participate, I don't see why engineering can't continue as normal, especially if the clan doesn't care about CWL. Even if they do care about CWL, with only 15 required, you could certainly do both in any given clan. Would be more work, but you could have your CWL bases and your normal war bases all in the same clan.

It's like the Builder Base matchmaker. Engineering is meaningless there. You move up or down "tiers" based on total stars won in your "tier". Basically each CWL week you are matched with 7 other random clans in your tier and you have a round robin of wars. You move up or down or stay in the current tier based on where your clan ranked star-wise at the end of the CWL week. At least if I understand it correctly.
    Ok pure ladder based. Sounds like it won't be much fun unless you're heavy on th12s.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

At first I think it will be crazy. But I think it might be a lot of fun. Trying to figure out how to maximize your stars every war with the one attack per base limit in mind. Especially when you have a lopsided single war in your tier.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

Centennial Club
    I will just not use my engineered accounts for the cwl. Just use them for normal wars. Do CWL with anchor accounts. Just as it always will be, a real engineer adapts.

Millennial Club
    CWL as currently proposed has no effect on engineering. You can not engineer past Th11 and maxing your engineered bases won't do you much good since CWL is ladder based and you will eventually meet impossible to beat opponents (lots of th12s). Furthermore, movement along the ladder is a bit restricted. 1/8 clans get moved up or down a tier each month; having engineered bases may make your move up difficult but you are unlikely to move too far down having them around. Darian, in the main thread, basically said that CWL is played mostly for loot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    At first I think it will be crazy. But I think it might be a lot of fun. Trying to figure out how to maximize your stars every war with the one attack per base limit in mind. Especially when you have a lopsided single war in your tier.
    I don't mind the addition for those that'll want it, but I didn't like this kind of system in Clash Royale and suspect I won't in reg clash. Hope it doesn't cannibalize accounts out of regular war, smaller pool would be an issue.

Millennial Club
    I don't mind the addition for those that'll want it, but I didn't like this kind of system in Clash Royale and suspect I won't in reg clash. Hope it doesn't cannibalize accounts out of regular war, smaller pool would be an issue.
    Darian said that there will be no regular wars during the week CWL is in session. They can change their minds of course.