Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Does Clan War Leagues make you strongly consider maxing your engineered bases?

Millennial Club
    That dont sound so bad then, Can live with 5 mill gold for the week. If its wrong, my accountant will bill you the difference.
    Now its only the rest of my questions to get answers for. Am finished nights now, so can start doing maths again, but thx guys.

If you only get one attack, I would think there would be little advantage. Granted the engineered base could go up in the war and attack higher, but they would still only get 3 stars and likely give up 3 stars to a lower position in war. As opposed to a regular war where an engineered base could possible take out two bases for 6 stars and only give up 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevercj View Post
    If you only get one attack, I would think there would be little advantage. Granted the engineered base could go up in the war and attack higher, but they would still only get 3 stars and likely give up 3 stars to a lower position in war. As opposed to a regular war where an engineered base could possible take out two bases for 6 stars and only give up 3.
    Changing to one attack in regular wars where weight matters would have a big impact on engineering, but that isn’t the big impact on engineering for CWL. The big impact on engineering is the fact that weight doesn’t matter after the first tier placement. Let’s say you don’t have an inferno. There is no advantage to that because if you build an inferno nothing changes about your matches other than you are stronger. A system without weights is a system that ends engineering, at least for that system. Many players will still keep their engineered accounts for regular wars, though.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Changing to one attack in regular wars where weight matters would have a big impact on engineering, but that isn’t the big impact on engineering for CWL. The big impact on engineering is the fact that weight doesn’t matter after the first tier placement. Let’s say you don’t have an inferno. There is no advantage to that because if you build an inferno nothing changes about your matches other than you are stronger. A system without weights is a system that ends engineering, at least for that system. Many players will still keep their engineered accounts for regular wars, though.
    I agree. Another good post 2222. Your message here hits home the statement Darian said, about engineers still being allowed, but would be a disadvantage.
    Of course they are still viable for random war, but in CWL their offensive power is undermined by their lack of defence. Maybe its not such a bad idea after all. No war log, no playing with weights, simply use what you got, and see where it gets you.
    Now, if they can shut down private server, bragging rights are up for grabs.

Changing to one attack in regular wars where weight matters would have a big impact on engineering, but that isnít the big impact on engineering for CWL. The big impact on engineering is the fact that weight doesnít matter after the first tier placement. Letís say you donít have an inferno. There is no advantage to that because if you build an inferno nothing changes about your matches other than you are stronger. A system without weights is a system that ends engineering, at least for that system. Many players will still keep their engineered accounts for regular wars, though.
    It's not too bad because it would also make it difficult for modded attacks since they require a scout and can't have a scout if you only have 1 attack.

Also like all your posts, seems like im always agreeing with you :s
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Days Ago at 07:29 AM.

The way to engineer for league wars is to rush to TH12 after initial tier placement. Then your clan will have more wardens and eagles than the typical opponent at your level. Since it takes such a long time to advance from tier to tier you'll have plenty of time to backfill one war attack and catch your heroes up.

Seemingly coincidentally, warring with a bunch of rushed TH12 (in addition to your non-rushed TH12 anchors) is not a terrible strategy for random war either.
    Last edited by littledoctor; 4 Days Ago at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    The way to engineer for league wars is to rush to TH12 after initial tier placement. Then your clan will have more wardens and eagles than the typical opponent at your level. Since it takes such a long time to advance from tier to tier you'll have plenty of time to backfill one war attack and catch your heroes up.

Seemingly coincidentally, warring with a bunch of rushed TH12 (in addition to your non-rushed TH12 anchors) is not a terrible strategy for random war either.
    I've started considering the tradeoff of how this would affect me in war and in CWL (this part is speculation though), if I move my TH11 to TH12.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 37/47/30 TH11: 37/37/20 TH9: 13/10
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post

It all depends on the reward structure. If we learn that participating in the top tiers is worth more of a reward than “winning” in the low tiers and if we also learn there is no profile tracking of individual wins or win streaks, that plan of rushing to th12 might be best done before the initial placement. In that case it would be best to be placed as high as possible to get the best reward, even if it means getting knocked back to a lower tier for the second season. On the other hand, if it is more rewarding to win individual wars in lower tiers than to participate in higher tiers, the best plan will be to put your lowest 15 accounts in for the first placement, then put your high ones in for the next season and also to rush to th12 like you noted. That type of reward structure would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Clans will intentionally throw a war each season by getting 0 stars to try to stay low so they can “win” the other 6 wars for the better rewards.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

It all depends on the reward structure. If we learn that participating in the top tiers is worth more of a reward than “winning” in the low tiers and if we also learn there is no profile tracking of individual wins or win streaks, that plan of rushing to th12 might be best done before the initial placement.
    Yup, agreed.

This is the most crucial piece of info that I'm waiting on to figure out our strategy moving forward.

Swan diving into your gold storages like Scrooge McDuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

The top tier will be meaningless, so long as modding prevails, so what else is there?

Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Now, if they can shut down private server, bragging rights are up for grabs.
    I thought the whole point of private server sand boxing was to avoid bans that result from altering game files. If there are only 15 attacks to use against 15 bases then where is the CC and trap placement coming from? I looked up some of this stuff a week or two ago and it sounded like scouts to get cc and traps, then manual base builds were required. I thought this was resistant to modding based on one attack per player, surely i've missed something. Please DM me if needed, I am very curious.