Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Clan War Leagues make you strongly consider maxing your engineered bases?

I donít like to lose. I hate it even more when I have 0% chance to win.

Iíd just find a clan to war with or take a 7 day vacation. 7 days of getting out match doesnít sound like much fun. The non max bases will just sit idle.

Like major alluded to, I could just war in CWSF with other max or near maxed 12s and sit the non max 12s.

As much as people whine about mismatches now, I can only imagine those complaints multiply exponentially with CWL.

We need to see the rewards to decide. If we decide CWL is more important than being engineered or having lower halls in regular wars, then the best plan will be to strategically rush to th12 and then max as fast as possible. However, I suspect most players will want to take part in both types of wars, so they will be more balanced in that approach. I have one th11 I will probably rush to th12 for war leagues and keep it out of regular wars. I have a th8 and some th9s that seem like they are so far away from being useful in CWL that I might just leave them as is for regular wars. Same for my th10s, although that is a closer call.

It is hinted that the rewards for CWL will be magic items, not just loot.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDictator View Post
    I don’t like to lose. I hate it even more when I have 0% chance to win.

I’d just find a clan to war with or take a 7 day vacation. 7 days of getting out match doesn’t sound like much fun. The non max bases will just sit idle.

Like major alluded to, I could just war in CWSF with other max or near maxed 12s and sit the non max 12s.

As much as people whine about mismatches now, I can only imagine those complaints multiply exponentially with CWL.
    Other than possibly getting into a bad tier placement initially, it is highly unlikely that you will settle into a tier where you have 0% chance to win the war week. You might get matched against one clan of the 7 that you can’t win, but I mean the whole week, which is what the purpose is. The one way I think that could happen is if suddenly a bunch of your highest level players leave so you are in a tier that you compete well in with 10 th12s, but 8 of them leave and you have no other th12s. Well, yeah, now that next war season you will get stomped and will move down a tier, where you should have better success the next season.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Forum Contender
    I'd keep my engineered bases as engineered even if they became a complete detriment in normal wars. You can't create new ones these days so I'd rather keep mine as a reminder of what we once had and continue using my non-engineered bases in wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Finally I would like to thank the lock on the toilet door. You are the reason I am here, the ying to my yang, my Clash buddy, my soul-mate. You have always been there when I needed to raid, when I needed to empty my collector and when I needed to turn down the sound and then finish with a distraction flush despite the fact that I didn't even sit down.

Millennial Club
    I agree about waiting for the release.
    But, what I have seen so far, isnt good for me on a personal basis.
    I work a 3 on, 3 off shift system, and 12 hour shifts. Without me, we have no team. i could be missing for 4 of the 7 days one time, and will always miss 3 days, on a good week.
    Obviously, the only people that play clash work 9 to 5 jobs.
    And I still worry that this will become "the new way to war", that they talked about, at the start of the year. Never saw that coming.. much.

Do not care this too much due to we have 15 approaching max th12 now. we also have 15 engineering base. we can play on both side even it would be parallel or single run on clan war or cwl.
    Last edited by frainlll; 6 Days Ago at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I agree about waiting for the release.
    But, what I have seen so far, isnt good for me on a personal basis.
    I work a 3 on, 3 off shift system, and 12 hour shifts. Without me, we have no team. i could be missing for 4 of the 7 days one time, and will always miss 3 days, on a good week.
    I have similar thoughts. We could muster 15 without me, but if I follow my usual opt-out-midweek pattern we'd be missing half of our TH12s.

As I think more about league war, I remember how much I dislike builder base's trophy system, and how I compensated by dropping a thousand trophies. Builder attacks with bh8 are fun and easy again at 2000 trophies. Maybe we need to do the same for league placement. What I might do is take my little or engineered accounts to our retirement clan and do a league war with the dead bases there. That will be a nice low league.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I have similar thoughts. We could muster 15 without me, but if I follow my usual opt-out-midweek pattern we'd be missing half of our TH12s.

As I think more about league war, I remember how much I dislike builder base's trophy system, and how I compensated by dropping a thousand trophies. Builder attacks with bh8 are fun and easy again at 2000 trophies. Maybe we need to do the same for league placement. What I might do is take my little or engineered accounts to our retirement clan and do a league war with the dead bases there. That will be a nice low league.
    Not every clan has to push to be as high as possible in clan war leagues and I’m sure many won’t. A clan like yours might decide they don’t care as much about CWL and will just put in whatever 15 can do it to get whatever rewards are available. I bet a lot of very good engineered clans will feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Not every clan has to push to be as high as possible in clan war leagues and I’m sure many won’t. A clan like yours might decide they don’t care as much about CWL and will just put in whatever 15 can do it to get whatever rewards are available. I bet a lot of very good engineered clans will feel that way.
    I think the determining factor for us will be the rewards. Since they haven't said any different, I am assuming that we'll get war loot as usual for winning or losing each of the 7 wars (less per war due to only one attack, but twice as many wars to compensate). Since we care about war loot, I think we would rather win in a lower league than lose in a higher league, so we will have to see just how good the difference between league N and league N+1 is, in terms of these new magic items or whatever.

The difficulty is, how beneficial are rewards to the tier 1 Max TH12 clans/players?
    Do they need 3 Books of Heros when they are already maxed? Obviously, these 'Magic items' might be potentially interesting.
    The top tier CWL clans will be warring for global ladder glory, not 'loot/upgrade' rewards.

Should be interesting, but the clans/players that really need those 'loot/upgrade' rewards are not Max TH12s!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/47/20