Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Clan War Leagues make you strongly consider maxing your engineered bases?

I wouldn't need to use my engineered bases for war since my min account is 119k WW with max heroes and max TH12 walls.

The rewards seem a little counter intuitive to the CWL wars since it seems to favour sandbagging as a max TH.

A clan member of mine suggested using CWSF United since league wars run for 1 week out of the month.

Sooo...

To answer your question, I doubt people are going to deviate from whatever goals they have with their engineered bases.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; October 9th, 2018 at 02:59 PM.

I tend to agree. Nothing that's been presented so far seems like it will have any effect on engineering/sandbagging. The only thing it does is provide some clans a reprieve from having to match engies in wars, for one week a month. I have a feeling though that this alternative may not be as great as many think - especially based on the consistent complaints about builder base matchups.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

waiting for more information on CWL or sneak peaks to reveal more in details

From what I've read so far, CWL seems to be aimed at rewards and therefore progression, not skill or competition (except for the all max TH12s).
    I'm viewing it like Clan Games.
    In theory, you could actually lose all 7 of your daily wars (by for example 1 star), but still end up winning the 8 day league, if you have gained more total stars than all 7 of your opponents.

To quote Darian :-
    "We said we were giving a reason to upgrade. We said you're going to want to upgrade. And we introduced multiple new ways to upgrade faster than ever."
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11918985

I would save your best engineered bases for your regular wars.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenwanem View Post
    waiting for more information on CWL or sneak peaks to reveal more in details
    Yes, I find it's best not to get too caught up until things are actually released.

I find it hard finding real information on new updates with all the people complaining without all the details.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; October 9th, 2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    Based on what has been shared so far, are people now considering maxing out your engineered bases if you are including them in the CWL?
    We don't have much in the way of engineered bases, but I don't see a huge impact from cwl, even ignoring the fact it's 1 week per month and 2/3 of the clan need to sit out anyway.

In current war there's little or no benefit in an engineered base omitted defences at level 1, except probably the EA. For cwl the benefit is rushing to TH12. It's an outright rush-to-win (like BB). So for an engineered base wanting to do well in cwl, just drop the EA and upgrade the TH. I doubt it will do any harm to performance in regular wars.
    For info on CWL see: Clan Leader CWL survival guide
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    Well. My paranoia valve is pulsing. This is 25% of my concern becoming a reality.
    I worried for a long time now, that they would go the BB route, and scrap the random war. Much easier for them, if they dont have to worry about weights, and constantly tweaking the MMA.
    Whereas I dont have a problem with anything new that they add to the game. My concern now, is that if it becomes popular, and receives a warm welcome, then it will, in time, be the only way to war. Then engineering, and likewise anything less than top hall, will be far less than optimum.
    Having said that, since regular war will be suspended, we will most likely participate. But I dont like those grey clouds that are gathering in the not too distant future.

Millennial Club
    Whose idea was it to call this new thing CWL? There's already a CWL.

Anyway, my big engineered accounts are mostly finished un-engineering because of how wars are now. My boutique engineered accounts will not be in the new league wars, and tbh I haven't been including them in our regular wars lately either because I can only handle so many war attacks at a time anyway.

My strategically rushed account, now, is where I'm not sure. It seems like the dominant strategy is going to be to rush all league war accounts to TH12 (it'll be like builder base where only raw capability matters, not how good you are compared to others of your TH level), but my long term plan was to keep this account at th10 until 40/40 heroes to take advantage of the phenomenal loot. Farming up in excess of 120 hero levels while at TH12 might be a little beyond my capability. But it seems like fielding bases without eagles will be a quick path to mediocreville. Need to see what the actual rewards for league wars will be, I think.

My TH11 account is my only engineered account, and since our clan is hurting on numbers for a solid 15 I have a slight inclination to make him un-engineered for CWL.

An engineered base usually gives up an easier 3 star to gain 6 stars in return. CWL says we can only attack once, so I give up an easy 3 star to gain an easy 3 star. As we start to advance in the leagues, one needs to be able to defend better as attacking gets harder.

Even though I am inclined to make my account no longer engineered, I won't make any changes until I see how things play out.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 40/60/30 TH12: 41/42/20 TH10: 18/18
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Well. My paranoia valve is pulsing. This is 25% of my concern becoming a reality.
    I worried for a long time now, that they would go the BB route, and scrap the random war. Much easier for them, if they dont have to worry about weights, and constantly tweaking the MMA.
    Whereas I dont have a problem with anything new that they add to the game. My concern now, is that if it becomes popular, and receives a warm welcome, then it will, in time, be the only way to war. Then engineering, and likewise anything less than top hall, will be far less than optimum.
    Having said that, since regular war will be suspended, we will most likely participate. But I dont like those grey clouds that are gathering in the not too distant future.
    I agree. I have a very annoying little devil in the back of mind with this and where it could be leading things. At the moment I am reserving judgement but am wary, very wary and concerned for those of us whole like the random war spins but just want tweaks to the war mm to make it a more even playing field each war.
    Clan Name: DV II, Clan Tag: #LUL2P9RG.
    Clan Details: Adult, English speaking, International Level 13 War Clan (3x weekly), CWL - Crystal I.
    Recruitment Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...games-LUL2P9RG