Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you make wall wreckers attack walls?

Can you make wall wreckers attack walls?

That’d be great, thanks.

Forum Veteran
    It is only 2 days since you started a thread about this isolated issue. Seems you started more threads about it than occurrences mate.
    they said wrecker issues will be addressed next update

Not sure if you have seen the replies to your previous thread.

The wall wrecker goes straight to the town hall. It will attack all walls and defences in it's way, on the way to the town hall.
    It does NOT go straight to the centre of the base.
    It will explode and deploy your cc troops, when it loses all it's health, OR you press the deploy button, OR it reaches the town hall (so long as it is not protected by the Warden Tome)

This is one reason why a number of war bases now have the town hall outside the walls. It reduces the effectiveness of the Wall wrecker (unless you put it on the opposite side of the base, and try to work your way through all the defences before reaching the town hall)

I had to explain this to a TH10 in clan yesterday - so I know not everyone is aware of the Siege Machine mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post

I had to explain this to a TH10 in clan yesterday - so I know not everyone is aware of the Siege Machine mechanics.
    For sure - I still periodically see people drop it next to the outside TH and it opens almost instantaneously. Guess they thought it would ram right through it.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    For sure - I still periodically see people drop it next to the outside TH and it opens almost instantaneously. Guess they thought it would ram right through it.
    Some simply dont know how to do their raid without using the wrecker. We had a war recently, where the guy dropped his wrecker, then popped it before the first wall. So either he hit the wrong button, or simply had a bigger need for the troops inside.
    I would expect any clan that is fresh to wreckers, to at least toy with it prior to entering it into a war. are people really that dumb?.
    We learned to utilise it "live" on war days, which wasnt the brightest thing to do, but at least we knew, theoretically, which way it would go, and how to activate it. They dont come cheap either, so is a good idea to learn how to leave it at home, rather than drop'n'pop.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 8th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Some simply dont know how to do their raid without using the wrecker. We had a war recently, where the guy dropped his wrecker, then popped it before the first wall. So either he hit the wrong button, or simply had a bigger need for the troops inside.
    I would expect any clan that is fresh to wreckers, to at least toy with it prior to entering it into a war. are people really that dumb?.
    We learned to utilise it "live" on war days, which wasnt the brightest thing to do, but at least we knew, theoretically, which way it would go, and how to activate it. They dont come cheap either, so is a good idea to learn how to leave it at home, rather than drop'n'pop.
    FC should be mandatory before trying out in war I'd think. It is easy though to accidentally hit the wrong button when you're under the stress of war attack. Like dropping a rage or heal outside the base or 2 rage in the same spot...LOL

Actually saw the first WW used against me in a looting raid the other day. Leveled my base. My thoughts were that the clan must be pretty well off TH12 wise to have their TH11 using WW on looting raids against TH10 LOL
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

I agree - not everyone knows how to use the wreckers, and it would be rather logical to test in a Friendly Challenge first!

I'm not quite sure however what issue the OP had. His post above doesn't clarify what the problem was (did the wrecker get stuck, or did it not go in the direction he hoped?)
    I'm guessing however from his previous post of 2 days ago (when the wrecker went up the side of the base) and making the assumption that he attacked a base with the town hall outside the walls. Hopefully he will read the replies to this thread, and to his previous one.

As an aside - I just checked in game, and the notes on the wall wrecker don't actually state that it goes for the town hall.

The description says it will: 'deliver cc troops to the heart of the village'
    And the favourite target, is listed as walls (does 10x damage)

I mention this only to explain, that I can understand why someone wouldn't know the first time they use a wrecker. But hopefully they would know for the 2nd time!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    I agree - not everyone knows how to use the wreckers, and it would be rather logical to test in a Friendly Challenge first!

I'm not quite sure however what issue the OP had. His post above doesn't clarify what the problem was (did the wrecker get stuck, or did it not go in the direction he hoped?)
    I'm guessing however from his previous post of 2 days ago (when the wrecker went up the side of the base) and making the assumption that he attacked a base with the town hall outside the walls. Hopefully he will read the replies to this thread, and to his previous one.

As an aside - I just checked in game, and the notes on the wall wrecker don't actually state that it goes for the town hall.

The description says it will: 'deliver cc troops to the heart of the village'
    And the favourite target, is listed as walls (does 10x damage)

I mention this only to explain, that I can understand why someone wouldn't know the first time they use a wrecker. But hopefully they would know for the 2nd time!
    Good post. I hadnt checked the instructions. Suppose thats the downside/or value, to being cocooned within forum. There is always someone to give me an idiot guide as to what to do.
    So far as his thread, I feel either it was, indeed an anti 3 base, with a give away hall, or he has hit a once in a while glitch, within the AI.
    But a nice informative post from you Valk. Will certainly help anyone looking in to understand what is going wrong. After all, we posters are just the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to visitors to these pages.

We had a guy that would not give up his 2 jumps and WBs in war with the wall wrecker. We had to help him find another clan. I don't get it, but there are some people that can't seem to grasp the mechanics.
    Last edited by Pawesome; October 8th, 2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Correction

Just this morning, had a TH10 share a raid. He's just dropped from Legends all the way to silver, and found a dead base with the town hall outside, and monster loot.

He sniped the town hall, then attacked the base - and couldn't understand why the wrecker still went sideways to the town hall, when the town hall was already destroyed.

I've explained the mechanics (I assumed he would have known, as he's managed to push to Legends)

I also explained that we don't generally give Machines for farming raids.... (but happy to give them for War, for practice, and sometimes to help with pushing) When they cost 100k and take 20 mins to train, they are quite precious!