Thread: Elixir for walls

Elixir for walls

Im almost max 8 except for walls. I no longer have use for elixir. I would suggest that, just in the main base, elixir can be used on wall upgrades as well. Please and thanks.

Forum All-Star
    You can use elixir to upgrade walls in BB. Upgrading from 7 to 8 can be done with either gold or elixir... just like in the main village.

Upgrade to th9, you can upgrade walls with elixir there from lv9 and up (and get new camp levels, troops and such)

Thanks for the awesome sig Alex!

Sparto family: Krypteia Protg gg Lgin Click for: Clan page
    TH12 Heroes: 52/56/24 Full Lavas 194 Cheetos
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Form an orderly queue behind Tim please, no pushing. You will all get a chance to smirk

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemp040 View Post
    I’m almost max 8 except for walls. I no longer have use for elixir. I would suggest that, just in the main base, elixir can be used on wall upgrades as well. Please and thanks.
    ive been using elixir to upgrade walls from 7 to 8 ever since I finished my star lab. Should be done with all walls in 4 to 6 weeks. Haven’t done the math.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemp040 View Post
    I’m almost max 8 except for walls. I no longer have use for elixir. I would suggest that, just in the main base, elixir can be used on wall upgrades as well. Please and thanks.
    Ah, the old "except for walls"..

You have been going around your walls one by one, upgrading them all to the same level, before going on to the next level, haven't you?

That wasn't a good idea, because if you had gotten even ONE of your wall segments to level 7, you would have noticed something :-)

3 level 6 walls and 2 level 7 walls will run you 6 million, which is about the amount of resources I get in a week of winning 3 attacks a day in the 4600 range.

I have 4 level 6 walls and 2 level 7 walls left, which means that I'll have all of them maxed out in a couple of weeks from now.

It's been a loooong process on the "except walls" part...

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    It's been a loooong process on the "except walls" part...

/Affront
    Ain't that the truth. Even planning for having walls to work on with elixir when my lab finished it still seems like it's taking forever to finish the dang walls.

But I guess with no BH9 on the near horizon, it doesn't really matter at this point.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Even planning for having walls to work on with elixir when my lab finished it still seems like it's taking forever to finish the dang walls.

But I guess with no BH9 on the near horizon, it doesn't really matter at this point.
    Definitely feels like forever. It also messes with my OCD to have 5 - 8 level walls on my base. .

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Definitely feels like forever. It also messes with my OCD to have 5 - 8 level walls on my base. .
    Ha, I feel the same about my walls: a handful of 8's; one at 7, ready to use as an elixir dump; one at 6, ready to replace the aforementioned & the rest at 5. Truly hideous, a sight for sore eyes!

Nope...can’t do it! No more than 2 levels of wall allowed on my games. My CDO won’t allow for it....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Nope...can’t do it! No more than 2 levels of wall allowed on my games. My CDO won’t allow for it....

At least your OCD has accepted that your base NEEDS to have 2 different levels of walls, otherwise you would have the exact problem that OP describes :-)

I did the calculations and found that ALMOST all the level 7 to 8 upgrades HAD to be made by using Elixir. The gold could easily get absorbed by the lower level walls (my OCD allows for 8 different wall levels, giving me a much greater flexibility).

I actually DID look up the stats for the Builder Base Level 8 walls right after BH8 dropped and have known that the level 7 to level 8 upgrades could be done with either Elixir or Gold.. the more you know, the better you can plan, after all :-)

Mindlessly upgrading 1 wall level at the time, while letting your OCD rule is not always a good idea :-)

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting