Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading of defense and offense during prep and war day, GOOD? or BAD?

Millennial Club
    Then the answer is straight forward mate. But I feel we walked the line more than a little on the last thread. To do so again, would be seen as straining the site mods patience. Best to simply simply keep the thread in calmer waters mate.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I guess my qualm with it is that it can allow for a clan to hunt a high win streak clan, then sacrifice an account or two by using 3rd party gems with chargebacks to power upgrade them. The accounts used get negative gems, or banned but the result of the war remains, with no action taken against the clan in question.

If we are talking about gem sales in this context, SC still loses.
    Projecting a problem from one war in which this scenario could have happened, but did not actually happen seems a bit far fetched to me. 1) They were not hunted 2) The offending clan lost 3) SC did sell gems.

I think that you are actually looking at it the wrong way.

a) The sale of illegal gems is well, illegal. Nothing more then banning the player should be done by SC. Why should a whole clan suffer if someone who they hardly know buys some gems of which they might not even have knowledge of?

b) The sale of legal gems is well, legal. Why not give this as an option to a clan who really really want to keep their win streak going? Remember, this is the way the attacked clan got to keep their win streak.

The only problem with my argument is that the attacked clan were forced to buy gems. That part is unfair to them, but on the other hand, they are pretty unique, so I guess this situation is pretty unique too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
    Projecting a problem from one war in which this scenario could have happened, but did not actually happen seems a bit far fetched to me. 1) They were not hunted 2) The offending clan lost 3) SC did sell gems.

I think that you are actually looking at it the wrong way.

a) The sale of illegal gems is well, illegal. Nothing more then banning the player should be done by SC. Why should a whole clan suffer if someone who they hardly know buys some gems of which they might not even have knowledge of?

b) The sale of legal gems is well, legal. Why not give this as an option to a clan who really really want to keep their win streak going? Remember, this is the way the attacked clan got to keep their win streak.

The only problem with my argument is that the attacked clan were forced to buy gems. That part is unfair to them, but on the other hand, they are pretty unique, so I guess this situation is pretty unique too.
    I was not referencing any one war, but highlighting a scenario that could potentially occur so let's leave speculation about a particular war at the door.

a) The problem with this is that the turn around time between a war is less than 2 days, so banning a player may not happen within the same war and could turn the tide of war. A clan losing a large win streak is a bigger deal than sacrificing an account. SC cannot know for sure a clan would know or not whether a player is doing something that would directly break the TOS but the majority of the time a clan does in fact know, and is also not just one player. The most logical approach to me would be that if a player were cheating within a war, the whole clan should automatically lose the war.

b) I don't understand this question, it sounds like the same as the first? To me it seems as if there is alot on the line, one clans move on buying gems to upgrade in a war directly forces the other clan to have to buy gems too in order to keep up. I see this as also another problem, if forced to upgrade you may also ruin an account of yours.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 1 Week Ago at 07:33 AM.

Pro Member
    I was not referencing any one war, but highlighting a scenario that could potentially occur so let's leave speculation about a particular war at the door.

a) The problem with this is that the turn around time between a war is less than 2 days, so banning a player may not happen within the same war and could turn the tide of war. A clan losing a large win streak is a bigger deal than sacrificing an account. SC cannot know for sure a clan would know or not whether a player is doing something that would directly break the TOS but the majority of the time a clan does in fact know, and is also not just one player. The most logical approach to me would be that if a player were cheating within a war, the whole clan should automatically lose the war.
    The problem is, you are coupling two things that do not necessarily have anything to do with each other. Buying illegal gems has nothing to do with keeping a large win streak or clan wars. It can just be one player wanting to take a shortcut without there being any stakes for the clan. Your assumption that the clan knows or that the gems were bought especially for a war is a big leap. SC never can know that for sure.

b) I don't understand this question, it sounds like the same as the first? To me it seems as if there is alot on the line, one clans move on buying gems to upgrade in a war directly forces the other clan to have to buy gems too in order to keep up. I see this as also another problem, if forced to upgrade you may also ruin an account of yours.
    I do not see this as a problem, I see this as an opportunity. The buying and using of gems is what makes this game go around, so I am glad this option exists.

i agree with the defense should be locked to its level and placement of new defense, once the war has been declared but i think i am okay with the troops upgradation and even with the heroes....(just my point of view)

It honestly wouldn't bother me if SC introduced a blanket prevention of upgrading on prep day, but it wouldn't bother me either if they maintained the status quo.

Having a balanced MM based on true defensive and offensive strength is far more important imo.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/47/20

Ummm.. The noobs vs gay Martians they did the same, both of them gemmed to win, though noobs did way more. From my point of view supercell should not add the deffence that is upgraded after the match,and same about the offence. But yeah if u will upgrade during prep.day and war day you will have an edge.👍

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenNoob View Post
    Ummm.. The noobs vs gay Martians they did the same, both of them gemmed to win, though noobs did way more. From my point of view supercell should not add the deffence that is upgraded after the match,and same about the offence. But yeah if u will upgrade during prep.day and war day you will have an edge.👍
    That war was interesting, I would say if both sides had not gemmed upgrades then it was likely it would have resulted in a perfect tie and both clans would have lost their streaks lol

That war was interesting, I would say if both sides had not gemmed upgrades then it was likely it would have resulted in a perfect tie and both clans would have lost their streaks lol
    Probably true, but given how bad the visitor's attacks were, quite possibly not.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.