Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading of defense and offense during prep and war day, GOOD? or BAD?

Upgrading of defense and offense during prep and war day, GOOD? or BAD?

I was thinking this deserved it's own thread for discussion.

It occurred to me during the much talked about war between Gaymartians and TheNoobs that there may be an issue to upgrading during prep/war day.

When these two high win streak clans matched, it became an upgrading frenzy with it less being about skill and base design but more about which side had the deeper pockets. In the end the Martians prevailed with many opinions on the war.

Wouldn't the war itself be better if both sides fought with what they came to war with?

My opinion is that upgrading during prep day becomes a large negative, it allows a clan to "buy the win" and forces the other team to either spend money, or lose the war.

What is your opinion on prep/war day upgrades?
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; October 5th, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I was thinking this deserved it's own thread for discussion.

It occurred to me during the much talked about war between Gaymartians and TheNoobs that there may be an issue to upgrading during prep/war day.

When these two high win streak clans matched, it became an upgrading frenzy with it less being about skill and base design but more about which side had the deeper pockets. In the end the Martians prevailed with many opinions on the war.

Wouldn't the war itself be better if both sides fought with what they came to war with?

My opinion is that upgrading during prep day becomes a large negative, it allows a clan to "buy the win" and forces the other team to either spend money, or lose the war.

What is your opinion on prep/war day upgrades?
    It has long been my opinion that we shouldn’t be able to make use of any new buildings or troops that we didn’t have when the war search was started. I also think new levels shouldn’t be allowed, but that is of less importance.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Pro Member
    I'm 100% with 2222 on this one. Lock it once the spin button is pushed.

Meh. I will never be able to play this game at the level of skill the top clans do so I don't see any reason to spend money on prep day. Nor does it really bother me if others do. Sure I might whine a bit about being unnecessarily over matched, but it's a money making venture for Supercell. People willing to spend it to gain an advantage should be able to.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

I'd prefer no prep day changes too. It'll be close to a unanimous opinion on the war forum, but SC holds veto power. There are a couple things like this (power potion would be another good example), where the desires of people that get serious about wars run counter to SC's idea of what should happen in a casual mobile game. SC knows where their money comes from, and it ain't us. I'd probably do the same if I were a shareholder rather than a player.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Millennial Club
    I’m fine with people upgrading the day of, in the many hundreds of wars I’ve been a part of, I think there has been one time that someone noticeably upgraded something to attempt to unbalance the war and they ended up losing. If people want to spends money on gems for prep day / war day upgrades that keep the game free for most other people, feel free, go right ahead, because the truth is, to make a significant difference in the war, someone would needs to spend thousands of dollars to accomplish it and for what, to win a digital war game on that day? Go right ahead, it bothers me not at all.

i see way bigger issues that need to be solved beyond this one. A potentially big revenue source for SC which impacts a single war from those that spent doesn’t matter in the least to me.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    I'd prefer no prep day changes too. It'll be close to a unanimous opinion on the war forum, but SC holds veto power. There are a couple things like this (power potion would be another good example), where the desires of people that get serious about wars run counter to SC's idea of what should happen in a casual mobile game. SC knows where their money comes from, and it ain't us. I'd probably do the same if I were a shareholder rather than a player.
    I think SC's thinking may have changed in that regard. They used to hold that thought with engineering as well and I believe the reason they started making changes to reduce engineering is because the large dollars from the few became less attractive than the loss of a few dollars from the many. Still financially driven but the scale tipped too far one way and forced their hand.

Forum Veteran
    Whether it is good or bad, it is here, and here to stay I would think. I can, however, agree that it can have potentially severe consequences, when a large streak is on the line.
    Yesterdays war apart tho, how much difference do people make to the roster, by advancing a single account, in general terms.
    Our current war, a rushed 10, became a rushed 11, with level 2 warden on prep day, but unless we mess up, we win.
    So, sure, it is a little strange, that a power shift can be applied on prep day. But so are potions, and with them, you can do it every war.
    Am sure SC arent complaining.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    The first rule of Fight Club is donít let Angelina get custody of your base
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It has long been my opinion that we shouldn’t be able to make use of any new buildings or troops that we didn’t have when the war search was started. I also think new levels shouldn’t be allowed, but that is of less importance.

I would agree stopping the dropping of totally new defences or troops wouldn't cause an issue for any normal clasher so would have my support. Upgrades is hardly a huge problem if we are honest as I mentioned in the other thread. We can't get caught punishing the masses because the few choose to abuse a game mechanic. At the moment clans like the GM or Noobs don't cause me any issue or concern but if my game experience suffered because of their behaviour that changes instantly.
    (leaving aside the nice pile of SC gems these guys drop in order to make the little digital, war log, number tick one higher)
    Last edited by Holps; October 6th, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Millennial Club
    funny thread
    what dev do I believe is to increase gem sales not decrease

it is exist for years
    there's nothing wrong with gem activities as long as isn't your money
    gemmer is fine... gemming is fine too
    what the matters with you??? kids (stan Lee cameo)
    Last edited by Alishr99; October 6th, 2018 at 09:30 AM.