Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading of defense and offense during prep and war day, GOOD? or BAD?

I think it’s fine as it is. It isn’t something that can be used to systematically exploit others over a span of matches. It only bears on that one war, much like using a power potion or having a newly upgraded mass troop, and in a far from deciding manner. In many cases the difference in weight is probably so small as that the two clans could have matched anyways with or without that change. I can’t see why SC would change the existing game mechanic to something counterintuitive - if that upgrade on the bowlers or the giga tesla happened to finish naturally during prep day then why wouldn’t you expect that to be usable in the war the next day? Why would popping a few gems on that make any difference? I think there’s some fear of the mega-gem bogeymen under the bed here, along with a bit much preciousness or isolation from the thinking of the vast mass of casual players by those taking war highly seriously as a streak building exercise.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Meh. I will never be able to play this game at the level of skill the top clans do so I don't see any reason to spend money on prep day. Nor does it really bother me if others do. Sure I might whine a bit about being unnecessarily over matched, but it's a money making venture for Supercell. People willing to spend it to gain an advantage should be able to.
    The money spending is only the extreme example. The more common example is dropping new defenses on prep day or using books to finish upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    I would agree stopping the dropping of totally new defences or troops wouldn't cause an issue for any normal clasher so would have my support. Upgrades is hardly a huge problem if we are honest as I mentioned in the other thread. We can't get caught punishing the masses because the few choose to abuse a game mechanic. At the moment clans like the GM or Noobs don't cause me any issue or concern but if my game experience suffered because of their behaviour that changes instantly.
    (leaving aside the nice pile of SC gems these guys drop in order to make the little digital, war log, number tick one higher)
    Clans like that don't cause me any issues in terms of fighting against my clan, because we don't match them, but I don't love the win streaks that some clans can achieve partially through this tactic. That said, though, I don't care as much about the upgrading of levels on prep day. I care more about the dropping of new defenses. Just to be clear, I don't really care all that much about that, either. It certainly isn't game breaking for me. It just seems like allowing us to drop new defense after the match runs counter to having a matchmaker weight items (sort of like in the past when we could drop new defenses and then cancel them, I would still be doing it on several accounts if allowed...) and it is an interesting discussion. A small improvement suggestion for SC, but nothing I'm losing sleep about.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The money spending is only the extreme example. The more common example is dropping new defenses on prep day or using books to finish upgrades.

Clans like that don't cause me any issues in terms of fighting against my clan, because we don't match them, but I don't love the win streaks that some clans can achieve partially through this tactic. That said, though, I don't care as much about the upgrading of levels on prep day. I care more about the dropping of new defenses. Just to be clear, I don't really care all that much about that, either. It certainly isn't game breaking for me. It just seems like allowing us to drop new defense after the match runs counter to having a matchmaker weight items (sort of like in the past when we could drop new defenses and then cancel them, I would still be doing it on several accounts if allowed...) and it is an interesting discussion. A small improvement suggestion for SC, but nothing I'm losing sleep about.
    it's already countered with new build no longer cancel able
    and next war it counted
    so let's imagine how many account you need to do those tic tac

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    it's already countered with new build no longer cancel able
    and next war it counted
    so let's imagine how many account you need to do those tic tac
    Yes, next war it is counted, but not the war you build the new defense in, so next war is when I should get to use that defense in war. Why should I get to go to war with an eagle that didn’t count in the war weight for the match? Every new defense my clan builds is on prep day.
    Last edited by 2222; October 6th, 2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Millennial Club
    Yes, next war it is counted, but not the war you build the new defense in, so next war is when I should get to use that defense in war. Why should I get to go to war with an eagle that didn’t count in the war weight for the match? Every new defense my clan builds is on prep day.
    bh role model aka strict rule already implemented
    sc encourage progressing our base (gem)
    so if we can't put our new build at prep day. it's something that really discouraging progress (gem)

can't see it happen
    normal war is all about progress
    it something only count in one war ( no big deal )

It’s good because it’s the best time to do it when in war.

I think it it should be kept because it incentivizes people to keep upgrading their base. It only affects one war, and unless the person improves things substantially, they will be at a disadvantage the following war.

Engineering is a different beast because people kept certain parts of their base from upgrading.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 40/60/30 TH12: 41/42/20 TH10: 18/18
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Wouldn't the war itself be better if both sides fought with what they came to war with?

My opinion is that upgrading during prep day becomes a large negative, it allows a clan to "buy the win" and forces the other team to either spend money, or lose the war.

What is your opinion on prep/war day upgrades?
    I think it is fine the way it is. It gives some incentive to clans of buying gems if they really really want it. Normal people would maybe do that once. It is so rare for people to take this route, I would leave it like it is as an option. Plus it adds a factor into the whole matchmaking that is unpredictable and random.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    It’s good because it’s the best time to do it when in war.

I think it it should be kept because it incentivizes people to keep upgrading their base. It only affects one war, and unless the person improves things substantially, they will be at a disadvantage the following war.

Engineering is a different beast because people kept certain parts of their base from upgrading.
    As stated above, I think the ability to build a new defense on prep day and have it active before it finishes is a bigger problem than gemming something done on prep day and, unlike the gemming of upgrades, there is no gem purchase defense for SC for that one. We should not be able to drop an eagle on prep day or any other new defense that wasn’t counted in the match.

As stated above, I think the ability to build a new defense on prep day and have it active before it finishes is a bigger problem than gemming something done on prep day and, unlike the gemming of upgrades, there is no gem purchase defense for SC for that one. We should not be able to drop an eagle on prep day or any other new defense that wasn’t counted in the match.
    Have to admit that is weird. I did it when I dropped my eagle. However, it's a one time thing. It might have a real impact if coordinated so you have several players do it for one war but that would be rare. I tend to agree you shouldn't be able to drop new stuff after war search but I doubt it is a big deal for most clans.

I guess my qualm with it is that it can allow for a clan to hunt a high win streak clan, then sacrifice an account or two by using 3rd party gems with chargebacks to power upgrade them. The accounts used get negative gems, or banned but the result of the war remains, with no action taken against the clan in question.

If we are talking about gem sales in this context, SC still loses.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; October 7th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.