Thread: Win streaks Then and Now

Win streaks Then and Now

Back a couple years ago, it seemed like clans were not as good because the game was more popular and there were a lot of more casual type clans. So, it was easy to put together long win streaks. We also focused more on upgrading offense like most clans which seemed necessary to beat heavy engineered clans. We had many 10+ win streaks and a few 20+ (27 was our longest). In the past year or so, we have only have a couple of 10+ streaks. We are currently at 14 in a row. I'm guessing the main reason is because now there are less players but more hardcore since they have been playing for years. Therefore, making it tougher to get wins.

Anyone else notice this or am I imagining it lol?

Related question: What is your clan's best win streak in last year or so? What do you attribute it to?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    Back a couple years ago, it seemed like clans were not as good because the game was more popular and there were a lot of more casual type clans. So, it was easy to put together long win streaks. We also focused more on upgrading offense like most clans which seemed necessary to beat heavy engineered clans. We had many 10+ win streaks and a few 20+ (27 was our longest). In the past year or so, we have only have a couple of 10+ streaks. We are currently at 14 in a row. I'm guessing the main reason is because now there are less players but more hardcore since they have been playing for years. Therefore, making it tougher to get wins.

Related question: What is your clan's best win streak in last year or so? What do you attribute it to?

My view (evidence not withstanding), is that changes to the upgrade rules, and match maker, are the main reasons why high streaks are harder for one to achieve.
    In the recent past, a clan that excessively engineered their offence capabilities, was always capable of obtaining streaks, due to the flaws in the matching system.
    Since the big change, working up to, and including the 12 drop, in my estimation, gaining overwhelming advantage thru the MM has become more difficult. Added to that, is the build all policy, so coupled with the more improved MM, the streak is usually on the line each war.
    So far as personal streaks go.. Although we love the game, and play to win, our highest achievement is 13 twice. Our accounts, and a lacking in the drive to develop new strats, usually means the green comes to an abrupt halt, once we hit clans that know their stuff, so is both fitting and right.

This is an interesting question.
    If we use the March 2016 update as a key time wall in the exponential rise in offensively lopsided bases, not just among clans who were already prioritising offence, but the 'cut and paste' engineers too, then I'm sure many clans had streaks.

Certainly, I'd agree that the consequence of that update diluted heavily Clan War participation, as many clans just quit. Facing engineers on a regular basis just isn't fun. While I have no hard info to back this up, I know from my own clan, and from social media/these forums, that many players quit war because of that stupid update.

My own clan, which has been the typical X.5 to Maxer base clan achieved a Best Win Streak of 12, (12th May 2016).
    This date tells it's own story really, as the full aftermath of that March 2016 update took time to explode , and lopsided bases needed to be built, and then rule the roost.

For a good 12 months plus, Offensively lopsided engineers were the Kings of the Castle in random wars. It was only in the latter part of 2017 when MM began to turn towards a more even playing field.

In the last few months, the casual engineers have suffered in terms of their ability to gain war advantages, while the good engineered clans (the vast minority) have still persevered generally.

Today, I feel MM is in pretty good shape. The complaints are a drop in the ocean compared to how they used to be in that vacuum period back in 2016/2017.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/47/20

Centennial Club
    I have a different experience on this because my clan is all maxers. So our win streak was from 1-4 before but 3 months ago all changed. Now we have two win streaks of seven. The only engineering we do is roster engineering if we can not get exact number ( 10 or 15 ) in war. We fill up with th 7-5, usually one or two of those. We have not matched any heavy engineers for 3 months. Sometimes our opponents have a th8.5 or 9.5 or something like that but never any defenseless th11 with max heroes or any other heavy engineering. Top town halls are always close to equal big heroes means stronger defenses for the other or one more th12 or th11. So we win with our skills and loose when opponent is more skilled attacker ( or base builder ). We are fine with that. It is as it should be.
    Last edited by Grimbolg; 1 Week Ago at 11:39 AM.

We've been doing better since the TH12 release, we've had a 25 win streak, a couple 12-15 winstreaks, I think we have only lost 2 of the last 50 wars.

Our highest streak was 74 though so still have a ways to go to break our previous record.

I attribute it to having good bases, good players, and being able to evolve.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 1 Week Ago at 04:15 PM.

They introduced war performance into the match maker, the purpose was to try to keep wars more competitive which would also limit win streaks, this was the change that stopped a lot of the extended win streaks by 'casual' clans. if 2 clans each match up up with 10 win streak, one of them is going to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    Our experience has been somewhat the opposite. It could be very hard work a year ago, before SC started fiddling with the MM. Once a streak was 10+ wars got very hard, often against engineers. At 20+ it became more or less impossible.

Since about last November when I said no more 8.5s were allowed at all, and 9.5s only to a very limited extent (more or less: if camps are upgraded there must be infernos), most of our streaks have been around 20.

Related question: What is your clan's best win streak in last year or so?
    The best was 29, incidentally immediately after I insisted on more defences. But we've been close to this (up to 27 or so) several times.

What do you attribute it to?
    Changes to the MM. Convincing my clan defence was more important than offence. The fact clans full of perma-10s and such are mostly doing leagues and not spinning random wars too often - it's always that line-up that beats us.
    Last edited by OnyxDS; 1 Week Ago at 05:32 PM.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e