Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No balance to be found in raids.

No balance to be found in raids.

Tell me. How is it a th 12 player with all maxed troops including heroes, and spells with max defense able to hit my mid range th12 with minimum level defense; th 11.5 if you will, and be awarded 41 trophies? I've only been a th 12 for a month or so and ill I have max are cc, camps, th, and eagle. I'll never be convinced there's any semblance of balance in this game. Seems to me if you're attacking a lesser base you'd get lesser trophies. Glitch? Random chance? Just dumb luck? What do we chalk this errant flaw up to?

He may as well have been Mike Tyson to my Butter bean.
    Last edited by TY39; October 5th, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

To be honest drop the new defences. It seems .5s is no longer effective and the meta seems to be based around max offence vrse Max defence. As for the trophies thatís pretty common, can I ask what league are u in?

The trophies you get or loose from an attack, has nothing to do with the strength or lvl of your base. If you have more trophies than the player who attacks you, he will get much trophies, and the more trophies you are above, the more trophies he will get. Same thing if you attack others. So along as a th9 has higher trophies than th12, the th12 will still be able to get many trophies from attacking that base.

Quote Originally Posted by TY39 View Post
    Tell me. How is it a th 12 player with all maxed troops including heroes, and spells with max defense able to hit my mid range th12 with minimum level defense; th 11.5 if you will, and be awarded 41 trophies? I've only been a th 12 for a month or so and ill I have max are cc, camps, th, and eagle. I'll never be convinced there's any semblance of balance in this game. Seems to me if you're attacking a lesser base you'd get lesser trophies. Glitch? Random chance? Just dumb luck? What do we chalk this errant flaw up to?

I think you need a grasp on how multiplayer trophies work in order to understand this.

Basically we can match with players in a broad range extending above and below our current trophies. They can be of various town hall levels and stages of development, which are irrelevant for the matching once youíre into champions league where there are no protections operating to feed you more players of your own town hall level. Your war weight has nothing at all to do with it - you will find (and be found by) whoever anyone with a blue town hall sitting at your trophy point would find. The higher in trophies you are the more often you will find players below you to attack, as there are more of them offline without a shield or guard so available to attack. They give less trophies as they are lower. If one of them finds you then youíll lose quite a lot of trophies just because you were above them by so much.

Whatís happened to you is pretty common, and only those who actively push care about it, particularly those in legends who have not only the large loss of trophies to make up, but clouds to make it hard to get attacks for making back that ground.

TLDR: your size is irrelevant, itís because he was sitting much lower in trophies than you.
    Last edited by Tomville; October 5th, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Goonerwinone
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan4200 View Post
    To be honest drop the new defences. It seems .5s is no longer effective and the meta seems to be based around max offence vrse Max defence. As for the trophies thatís pretty common, can I ask what league are u in?
    The red bit.

There is absolutely no reason once you move to 12 not to max any big defences especially Eagle, bows and inferno's and also get your GT to level 5 to activate the Gigabomb.
    Without them even decent 11's will take 2 and the odd occasion 3 stars off you (luck+skill will be that deciding factor)

As for trophies Tom tl;dr's it pretty well.
    Last edited by Goonerwinone; October 5th, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Well at least now I understand if better, but I don't like it. I'm in titan1 the attacker a former legend league player dropped to titan2. I had nearly 300 more trophies. What stinks is scratching and clawing to get 5-10 trophies a raid plus the cloud issue. Then take a big hit ie. 41 to a tanker. Oh well

Well at least now I understand if better, but I don't like it. I'm in titan1 the attacker a former legend league player dropped to titan2. I had nearly 300 more trophies. What stinks is scratching and clawing to get 5-10 trophies a raid plus the cloud issue. Then take a big hit ie. 41 to a tanker. Oh well
    No worries OP. The pain will go away.
    Looking 4 a Serious, Adult, Competitive clan? VM/PM me to Apply or Click at USAR

To read how a romantic night turned horrific click on the Doorbell
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101

Quote Originally Posted by Conan4200 View Post
    To be honest drop the new defences. It seems .5s is no longer effective and the meta seems to be based around max offence vrse Max defence. As for the trophies that’s pretty common, can I ask what league are u in?
    It's literally impossible to not drop the new defense when you go to th12... The Giga tesla is built-in the th. Yes, upgrading it will increase the weight, but you can't "not build it" to avoid the first significant spike. There isn't a th11.5.

@OP: If I were to point out every single broken thing in the trophy system, your complaint wouldn't make the top 50. Drop to lower leagues, since you need a crazy amount of elixir and a significant amount of DE, which should be a priority over trophies (unless you enjoy being steamrolled by stronger players).
    TH12 - Max heroes, max walls (hitting master league bases, GiBoVaWitch, sometimes collector raids, sometimes QW, mass goblins during the first month-ish of th12, mass miner when that got old, nothing to see).
    People keep using the word "adapt" after big updates. Not adapting worked maybe too well for me, tho.

Forum Legend

Trophy gain/loss is based on difference in attacker/defender trophies at time on attack. Development of base or TH level has no bearing
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Trophy offers are based only on difference in cups. Here is the chart, below. I was recently in bronze working on my unbreakable achievement. When I started back up, I was getting 50+ cups for 3-starring TH7 with my king only.