Thread: Banning people from requesting to join

Question Banning people from requesting to join

We get requests almost daily from the same people to join our clan. It would be nice if there was a way stop that. Sometimes it's a member who broke clan rules or was disruptive. It would be nice to be able to stop this because some people are very persistent! It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to not have to keep rejecting the same person. It's also awkward when they write comments in their "request to join" that the whole clan sees. If not ban, maybe the cool down to request again could be much longer. Side note: it would be nice to be able to "mark" this same person in case they change their name.

Anyone else run into these issues and think this might be a useful feature?

has been requested in the qol wishlist thread.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ments-wishlist

I'm not sure, but can you send request to clan from which you've been kicked? If no, you know what you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Red777 View Post
    Anyone else run into these issues and think this might be a useful feature?
    Most definitely this would be a useful feature, especially when it bans on ID. Not just for clans, but for ourselves as well (friendship requests). We have had a female player in our clan who really was stalked by another player (up to the point where the stalker took the same IGN in the end). She got daily friendship requests, and the clan a daily join request. Not for days, not for weeks, but for over a year.
    <gone>

Totally agree! Some players just put our clan on their bookmark list and then scroll through their list on a daily bases, asking entrance to each one. I’ve seen requests for this change since clan wars started. And I think they should do the same thing for friend requests.

But since SC doesn’t seem to want to make this change, here is a website that will help with identifying old clan mates
    https://www.clashofstats.com/
    You can copy a player’s tag into the search box and see if they have been in your clan before. This is also really helpful during clan wars to spot spies

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Most definitely this would be a useful feature, especially when it bans on ID. Not just for clans, but for ourselves as well (friendship requests). We have had a female player in our clan who really was stalked by another player (up to the point where the stalker took the same IGN in the end). She got daily friendship requests, and the clan a daily join request. Not for days, not for weeks, but for over a year.
    Yup. Same thing happened to two females in our clan. I FINALLY got SC to ban the player from the game completely do to the daily abusive join request messages that he sent. I was on the horn with them every single time we got another message from him. I hounded the customer service reps on a daily bases, every time we got another join request. Finally I was told that he was violating the terms of service and wouldn’t be bothering us any more.

A year went by. And the....he was back. We couldn’t believe it.

I probably get more worked up about this than I should. It just seems like such an easy fix

Increase the required trophies to join so they no longer qualify as a short term solution.

You can always temporarily lower it whenever you have a need for someone to apply to the clan or you can simply send them an invite avoiding the need to lower the trophies at all.

Level 18
    - 2,124/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by SamHelvetia View Post
    Totally agree! Some players just put our clan on their bookmark list and then scroll through their list on a daily bases, asking entrance to each one. I’ve seen requests for this change since clan wars started. And I think they should do the same thing for friend requests.

But since SC doesn’t seem to want to make this change, here is a website that will help with identifying old clan mates
    https://www.clashofstats.com/
    You can copy a player’s tag into the search box and see if they have been in your clan before. This is also really helpful during clan wars to spot spies
    Good tip, thanks Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Increase the required trophies to join so they no longer qualify as a short term solution.

You can always temporarily lower it whenever you have a need for someone to apply to the clan or you can simply send them an invite avoiding the need to lower the trophies at all.
    Good tip, thanks!