Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove draw wars.

Remove draw wars.

Many people I talk to don't find it very fair that win streaks are ruined due to draw wars. Clan wars in my opinion should always have a winner, both teams shouldn't lose because of draw, it should be a neutral or positive outcome (example: [NEUTRAL] - keep winning streak but don't receive an additional win. or [POSITIVE] - both clans receive an additional win.) If draw wars must stay implemented, the winner of the war, if stars and percentage match each other, should be based on new stars per attack, and/or average attack duration. Because wars aren't very enjoyable when even a perfect war doesn't grant victory. This way everyone is happy!

Swan diving into your gold storages like Scrooge McDuck
    That only happens with lower town halls or engineered bases. Keep progressing your base and ties become less and less likely. With that said, a win streak is just that: multiple victories strung together in an unbroken chain. A tie is not the same as a win.

I agree that stars gained per attack would be a good tie breaker tie breaker. No win added to streak but the streak kept in tact would be good too imo. Some elite th12 clans lose their streak with a tie so this would be nice to have in place to avoid that.
    th12: 60/60/30 | 60/60/30 | 60/60/29 | 60/60/30
    Quote Originally Posted by Praveenkumar12 View Post
    It's not like you'll die if you sit in clouds for 10 hours either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla View Post
    There is not enough time in life to read through every thread that has touched on this subject.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    That only happens with lower town halls or engineered bases. Keep progressing your base and ties become less and less likely. With that said, a win streak is just that: multiple victories strung together in an unbroken chain. A tie is not the same as a win.
    Agree. A draw is SC's way of telling you to drop some defences.
    If draws didnt break the streak, then nobody would need defence. Just roster for a perfect score.
    As it is, then if you dont prevent your oppo from doing likewise, you end up with a grey log, and no streak.
    One of SC's better ideas, in my opinion mate. Sorry to disagree.

Edit. To echo Tosti further down the thread. We have had over 200 wars, and never had a draw.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismellfear View Post
    Many people I talk to don't find it very fair that win streaks are ruined due to draw wars. Clan wars in my opinion should always have a winner, both teams shouldn't lose because of draw, it should be a neutral or positive outcome (example: [NEUTRAL] - keep winning streak but don't receive an additional win. or [POSITIVE] - both clans receive an additional win.) If draw wars must stay implemented, the winner of the war, if stars and percentage match each other, should be based on new stars per attack, and/or average attack duration. Because wars aren't very enjoyable when even a perfect war doesn't grant victory. This way everyone is happy!
    Most draws are due to the enemy destroying you 100%. Why should you get to keep a win streak if you were 100% destroyed?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Swan diving into your gold storages like Scrooge McDuck
    sorry duplicated other post
    Last edited by DOOM2U; 1 Week Ago at 09:46 PM. Reason: laggy PC duplicate post

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Agree. A draw is SC's way of telling you to drop some defences.
    If draws didnt break the streak, then nobody would need defence. Just roster for a perfect score.
    As it is, then if you dont prevent your oppo from doing likewise, you end up with a grey log, and no streak.
    One of SC's better ideas, in my opinion mate. Sorry to disagree.

For those who dont try to manipulate the MM or their defensive development to overpower a weaker opponent (which is probably the vast majority of clans now), a tie is a very rare thing. i would suggest that given my experience ties happen less than 1% of the time.

OP - I understand why this is a frustration for some clans, but once you get some maxed bases at the top, the number of draws is extremely small.

Whenever you have an idea, it's worth playing devil's advocate - what would people do to 'game' this proposed change?

For example, set up a clan of defenceless bases with high level troops. Very good change of never losing a war, so you could build a huge win streak.
    You can always keep track of your own 'unbeaten' streak if you want to.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnwanted View Post
    I agree that stars gained per attack would be a good tie breaker tie breaker. No win added to streak but the streak kept in tact would be good too imo. Some elite th12 clans lose their streak with a tie so this would be nice to have in place to avoid that.
    This would eliminate scouting to solve a problem that's not a problem. Don't like it.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 1 Week Ago at 03:49 PM.
    Ancient Hunters War Clan Recruiting - TH8+
    TH10 - doug 30/35 heroes
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 18/23 heroes

We got 56 draws. Was an engineered clan. I have diversified my war roster. The draws are less now.