Thread: Pointless derbies

Pointless derbies

What is the point of derbies any more? Most teams are doing 10 x 320 or 10 by 400 in a rush to get the top 3 places. We prepare our machines but the only way to get in the top 3 is to use diamonds to hurry the tasks. What use to be a leisurely, fun derby with a race at the end is now boring as long before the derby has finished we know we can't win!

Centennial Club
    I would suggest not playing the game.

Good idea!

Centennial Club
    Boom! I love helping out.
    Derbies, to me, are why I continue to play. We don't rush or "burn" many diamonds and we still have 90 wins. We generally finish first or second doing 10 tasks of max points. This gives decent prizes and keeps us coming back. But if your approach is to just casually play in the derby, I can see why you wouldn't bother. It seems like lower level (non-champion) groups would be doing similar to you though, and you could still finish in the top 3? It's been a while since we were playing at those levels.

We don’t ‘rush’ or speed the board with diamonds but the ‘challenge’ for the team is to do the max points each week, working together as a team to do this. All doing their bit to trash the boards, hold back on the easier tasks to share throughout the hood, helping with boat boxes and truck orders and kicking townies when these are needed.

I think the assumption that every team is racing to get a quick finish with max points is wrong. We are rarely placed in a group where other teams are doing all max points tasks. Most seem happy to play their own game.

That said I do miss the Monday morning ‘nailbiting’ hour when we sit waiting to see if the other teams have saved a couple of tasks and try to snatch that first place.
    Clover íGirls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 75+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

If your goal is to be in the top 3, then yes, it's really tough because there are so many teams with that goal who will buy the extra task. Our goal is to get the last horseshoe and remain in the top league, and with 6-8 players that usually is fairly easy. Getting the last horsrshoe only takes 41 full tasks in a normal derby for 6 players (7 each would be 42), and there are usually more than 3 neighborhoods who don't get that much.
    Last edited by MyOrganicFarm1903; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    I would suggest not playing the game.
    [QUOTE=Barbican54;11909639]Good idea![/QUOTE

Thatís rude! Cant someone complain anymore without someone being rude? Are you just perfectly happy with every aspect of the game? No complaints? Must be nice!
    I agree that it is impossible to win without using diamonds. It would be nice if it was fair without the greedy developers always wanting to make more money. I also think that with a complaint might come a suggestion to help. I would suggest to them that they have 2 derbys. One that takes diamonds to win and one that doesnít. Or make it possible to win without using diamonds. There are so many other ways that they could make money. I can think of 20 right off the top of my head. That being said I do understand that it takes money to create such a wonderful game. I understand that the game is free and they do have to make money in other ways. This is an old complaint but so far the creators donít care about our complaint or maybe their suggestion is to tell us complainers to Stop Playing the game like the other commenters suggest. Nevertheless I like millions of others continue to play, enjoy the game and spend diamonds to win! Therefore there is no incentive to make a change. I do feel better having voiced my opinion and hear that others agree. Ho hum!

Millennial Club
    I run a 30 strong hood witha lot of derby success. Just like AnnPan above we don’t expect anyone to rush the board or use diamonds to speed tasks - of course one or two do through personal choice. We do take the extra task, to be honest if you can’t find the 10 diamonds for that in the game each week ...... well you're probably not playing with a lot of game awareness. Like AnnPan we succeed through teamwork and good strategy, not burning diamonds.

Frankly I don’t really understand the outcry about diamonds. People use them in all sorts of ways to enhance their derby - opening extra machine slots, hiring Tom or the other farm helpers, keeping extra boosters, calling trains early, etc etc I don’t see that as much different to speeding tasks or turning over the board. Diamonds are a part of the game, those who buy and use them enable everyone else to play for free!
    Last edited by mdcfc; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:32 AM.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Iím with you Steve, I have never spent a cent on the game. It is quite possible to succeed without buying a single diamond! It all boils down to teamwork and strategy! You either have it or you donít. The game gives you the 10 diamonds you need for the extra task.

I also agree with Ridgooots, there is no need for rudeness in the forum. We are all entitled to our opinions!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Pro Member
    Wrong week for this thread I am afraid ,
    For this is one of the Derbys where it almost impossible to see if a team use more then the 10 diamonds that you easy get by playing to do the last task , Or prepare for the Derby and play well .
    One of the few advantages there is with this Fall Derby .
    Sadly I cant agree with the thread starter , I Play in a team that dont use more diamonds then we get playing and have 158 Derby CUPs
    But in a normal Derby how fun is it when you get a team that speed up how many tasks they get on the Derby board with a mountain of Diamonds ? so you after a few minutes after the Derby start know you dont have any chance at all .
    Last edited by Lyngby; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:03 AM.