Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: -500 Gems... (pls read)

New Bloke/Chick

Question -500 Gems Gone... (solved)

(SOLVED!?)

This will most likely be the last time that I will purchase gems, knowing that this could happen to me if I were to do it again...

- This will be somewhat a long story but I would really appreciate if you provide me your thoughts regarding this situation. Thank you.
    * Feel free to PM me if it is important or to avoid forum rules.

I wanted to purchase a (Pile of Gems - 500gems) in the Clash of clans store. Now, my first purchase that I tried doing when buying it gave me an "iTunes payment error" so I press closed and saw that I did not get my 500 gems, I was confused so thought that the purchase did not go through since I did not receive my gems. I proceeded to go and purchase the second time and now it worked. It said "Purchase successful" and I receive my 500 gems.

I went to check my prepaid card app called 'Neat' based in Hong Kong. I realized that the first gem purchase I did actually went through, they took my money for that purchase. I was confused and did not know what happened. My first choice was to contact Supercell and asked for a refund through the 'Contact us' within the Clash of clans app. Through waiting an hour or so I did not get a response so I went to Apple.

I had a live chat with an Apple employee regarding the purchase that I just did and telling them that I spent 38HKD ($5 USD) for the Pile of gems in a game called Clash of Clans. They started asking me questions regarding purchase ID etc etc. I provided them with what they needed to know about the purchase and they said that they will refund me due to the error that they had with their payment so on Apple's side.

Hours later, I received a reply from the 'Contact us' saying that due to the policy, players are not allowed a refund and so they deducted 500 gems from me, now at (-462) in the assumption that I had 500+ gems. Now, from here I was just confused. I just wanted a pile of gems and then this is just making me go through all of this... Anyway, the supercell employee also mentioned that since this was Apple's problem and it was not the Clash store, then they have the right to take the gems away from me since it applies to their policy? I did not even receive the 500 gems from the first purchase or else, (if im right about this)

Supecell's perspective (I'm assuming):

1000 gems in total that was purchased. I used 500 for a Book of heroes and that since I asked for a "refund" which I don't need anymore because Apple fixed it. They took the 500 gems but I was only at 42. So now I'm at -468.

My perspective:
    2 purchases. 2 payments went through, only received 500 gems due to error in first purchase. Supercell takes 500 gems because of their policy on no refund. I'm just saying that I don't need the refund anymore because it was Apple's problem so I want my 500 gems because they're taking gems away from me which I never got. I'm saying that my gems are being taken because I'm in the negatives.

Now, I'm really not sure where to go from here. Was my situation my fault and that I need to deal with it? Is Supercell right and I'm wrong? Or is there just a misunderstanding in this? I'm just currently confused right now as when I contacted support, I did not really get an answer. What would you do if this happened to you?
    Last edited by Ryuvong; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Probably solved this issue.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    What you need to do now is to take all the proof you have and explain the situation again to the in-game support - your conversation with apple and your previous conversation with in-game support.

This is just an misunderstanding and I am sure will get resolved.

/Come back here and let us know how it worked out
    Last edited by MasterEdy; October 1st, 2018 at 02:52 AM.

Can you post a screenshot of the negative gems?
    Clash Royale- Trophy Record- 5460, lvl 13, 19 wins rip
    Boom Beach- Max offense, HQ lvl 20, retired three years ago
    Clash of Clans- IGN- Uberfischer; Clan- White Lightning; Trophy Record- 6024; GG- 1.2 Bil; HH-7.75 mil; AQ lvl 60; GW lvl 30

I think there has been a confusion there, one possible source being having both Apple and SC involved at the same time (one hour is not nearly long enough to wait for a reply from SC).

The 500 gems removed were because you got the refund from Apple (cash returned, so gems it paid for removed) - that part is standard, just them processing the fact that a refund was given by Apple (would happen whether or not you’d contacted SC). You’d already spent those so your gem balance became negative. It sounds like you just didn’t receive the first lot of gems at all. That’s the Apple problem.

Two possibilities here: either it arrives later or it does not. It probably would already have done by now if it was going to, presuming at least 12 hours have passed. Your best bet is to go back to SC Support and tell them you only ever received one pile of gems, and only ever intended to buy one lot, and only pressed the button again as it said there was an error in the first attempted transaction. Provide them with screenshots of the 2 purchases and any refund documentation you have from Apple and ask them to check what was received on your account against what was removed.

Basically it sounds like Apple had the problem, but SC would need to be the ones to fix it as only they could verify that just 500 gems (not 1000) was ever in fact received. So try there first.

If that doesn’t work - and only if it doesn’t work - go back to Apple seeking a $5 credit due to their transaction failure resulting in what was in fact a rightful gem removal in response to Apple’s attempt to fix it by refunding you, then use that extra $5 to buy another pile of gems to return your balance to where it should be. Don’t do both these at the same time: try the second only if SC Support tell you conclusively they can’t help and consider the matter closed.
    Last edited by Tomville; October 1st, 2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by uberfischer View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of the negative gems?
    Sure. Here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/ehct5VT
    Last edited by Ryuvong; October 1st, 2018 at 03:39 AM.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Guys, just to remind you:
    19. You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Guys, just to remind you:
    19. You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited.
    Well... what should I do then? Emailing the support team did not even help or try doing anything.

Another possibility that I have dealt with many times with my business and prepaid cards.

You may find that the first purchase didn't actually go through. When there is a processing error, the funds aren't actually gone, they are just not available to you for a period of time. Usually 1-3 days. May be that nobody is at fault, just the processing error. The funds may show back up on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuvong View Post
    Well... what should I do then? Emailing the support team did not even help or try doing anything.
    I gave you short version of what Tomville explained you in detail - go back to game and contact support with the proofs you have to explain to them that a mistake occurred.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualAddictions View Post
    Another possibility that I have dealt with many times with my business and prepaid cards.

You may find that the first purchase didn't actually go through. When there is a processing error, the funds aren't actually gone, they are just not available to you for a period of time. Usually 1-3 days. May be that nobody is at fault, just the processing error. The funds may show back up on your card.
    Well first purchase did go through. It was only when I asked Apple to fix it, I received my funds back. Even though I did get my refund, I don't see the point of them having to take 500 gems from me. I was told that they were not able to see duplicate purchases but I have screenshots of two transactions that took place within a span of 5 minutes. Would the best option be to email them again?