Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The farming dream (read)

New Bloke/Chick

Exclamation The farming dream (read)

I feel that I should have addressed this a while ago. A feature that perhaps farmers and other players in need of resources require. Will make farming life a lot easier...

First of all, I know this isn't the way that Clash of clans is suppose to be played; that is to drop trophies and farm. We should be pushing for trophies instead. Although a majority of the players I would say when upgraded to a new townhall or planning to upgrade defenses and heroes would be to drop trophies in order to farm. I hope that Supercell would be able to add a feature in which players are able to select trophies that they would want to lose or drop to. Since so far, the only method is to use a troop but primarily our heroes, placing them onto a base and surrender.

Example: I'm in Champions III - 3200

There would be a scale for the amount of drops they would want to drop. Decreasing by 100 each time.

-100,-200,-300,-400,-500 etc. This feature/menu would show your current League and each time you drop your trophies that reaches another league, it would be displayed on the left. So Master I would be 2800-3100?

Players would only be able to DROP TROPHIES they would not have the option to increase or gain trophies obviously.

To make the game balanced, players should probably be only allowed to drop probably a max of 1000-2000 trophies a week? I'm giving a rough estimation but I would first would like to see if people are interested in this being implemented into the game.
    Last edited by Ryuvong; September 29th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Millennial Club
    One of the strengths of this game is that players can choose how they play and in what league.

You state that this Ďisnít the way clash of clans is supposed to be okayedí - says who?

SC likemplayers to have the creativity and freedom to play how and where they want.

Just because you donít think trophy dropping is good doesnít mean it isnít useful for the game....

(And before you think I am defending my own play style, I am a legends league player and donít trophy drop but I believe people shouldnít be penalised if they choose to play in that way).

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    One of the strengths of this game is that players can choose how they play and in what league.

You state that this ‘isn’t the way clash of clans is supposed to be okayed’ - says who?

SC likemplayers to have the creativity and freedom to play how and where they want.

Just because you don’t think trophy dropping is good doesn’t mean it isn’t useful for the game....

(And before you think I am defending my own play style, I am a legends league player and don’t trophy drop but I believe people shouldn’t be penalised if they choose to play in that way).
    Perhaps not a trophy gain but a trophy loss could be added.
    The players could choose to be in any league that they have already passed. What say?
    https://i.imgur.com/ByEep0H.png

Click here for my clash of stats profile
    Click here for my forum rpg
    ~PRACTICAL

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post

You state that this ‘isn’t the way clash of clans is supposed to be okayed’ - says who?

Just because you don’t think trophy dropping is good doesn’t mean it isn’t useful for the game....

(And before you think I am defending my own play style, I am a legends league player and don’t trophy drop but I believe people shouldn’t be penalised if they choose to play in that way).
    I'm not sure why you're complaining... Reason I said it isn't the way clash of clans is suppose to be played in terms of farming is because when Supercell decided that resources should be put into the Townhall so that players would be pushing and gaining trophies rather than having their Townhall outside. They said it at some point, I just forgot when and where.

Yeah I agree with the creativity and freedom.

And are you on about? I never thought that trophy dropping isn't good. You okay man? My post is about the feature to drop trophies freely to leagues in which players had already reached. I played league before too and still not sure why you had to tell me/us that. Good for you that you play league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuvong View Post
    I feel that I should have addressed this a while ago. A feature that perhaps farmers and other players in need of resources require. Will make farming life a lot easier...

First of all, I know this isn't the way that Clash of clans is suppose to be played; that is to drop trophies and farm....
    But you donít know that youíre just making an assumption. Iíve never seen supercell say that anywhere either

So, instead of inserting a more complicated system to combat a ďproblemĒ that is not a real problem letís just leave it the way it is.

i can drop 500 trophies within 10 min...and even dropping 1000 will not gonna take more time...i dont know why do you want that option to be added in the game???

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenwanem View Post
    i can drop 500 trophies within 10 min...and even dropping 1000 will not gonna take more time...i dont know why do you want that option to be added in the game???
    Because if you have a shield, you wouldn't want to have to drop trophies with your troops because then you would lose your shield. This feature would essentially help with that and make it quicker anyway.
    Last edited by Ryuvong; September 29th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

There are fixed trophies in game.
    Total trophies per season remain constant.

Whatever trophies you gain, are lost by someone and vice-versa.

Just droping trophies randomly would decrease total trophies in game.

Instead, Let everyone play by their own style as they wish to.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | In-Game Name: Yasin

Town Hall - 11 | My stats here

Check out my YouTube Channel here | Strange Quark

Forum Champion
    But where do these trophies go once dropped? Currently, the entire system is based on on winning and losing trophies. If I beat your base I get some of your trophies. Your idea would enable literally tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of trophies to just disappear from the game. I think this would do a lot of damage to the trophy system in general. I also personally believe that if you want to sandbag in a lower league for easy loot that you should have to earn it, and it’s extremely easy to earn. You can drop 100 a minute as things are now. I’d not want SC to use valuable development time on a feature that not only partially exists but one that could also be detrimental to the game.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuvong View Post

First of all, I know this isn't the way that Clash of clans is suppose to be played; that is to drop trophies and farm.
    No you don't. It is your opinion that for some reason it shouldn't be played that way. I have no idea how you come to that conclusion, but then your idea is one just to make this way slightly easier. Which seems rather odd if you don't 5hink the game should be played that way.

We should be pushing for trophies instead. Although a majority of the players I would say when upgraded to a new townhall or planning to upgrade defenses and heroes would be to drop trophies in order to farm. I hope that Supercell would be able to add a feature in which players are able to select trophies that they would want to lose or drop to. Since so far, the only method is to use a troop but primarily our heroes, placing them onto a base and surrender.

Example: I'm in Champions III - 3200

There would be a scale for the amount of drops they would want to drop. Decreasing by 100 each time.

-100,-200,-300,-400,-500 etc. This feature/menu would show your current League and each time you drop your trophies that reaches another league, it would be displayed on the left. So Master I would be 2800-3100?

Players would only be able to DROP TROPHIES they would not have the option to increase or gain trophies obviously.

To make the game balanced, players should probably be only allowed to drop probably a max of 1000-2000 trophies a week? I'm giving a rough estimation but I would first would like to see if people are interested in this being implemented into the game.
    Wh8le this would be nice, TBH, I don't see it as being worth the effort of coding, as unless you are currently in legends, you can easily drop 1000 trophies in 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)