Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Has anyone else noticed that valks AI is out of place nowadays?

Forum Veteran
    Though I’ve used valks a lot in the past, rarely use them outside a war wagon as a 12. Do still use them some on my 11 mini, but only when running a falcon or in war wagons. Always considered their ai too wonky to predict reliably. Can’t count the times they’ve cleared a core and left the th, choosing instead to scatter, break a wall and head outside. Haven’t personally noticed anything different, but did face a clan a few wars back that ran masse valks almost exclusively and did watch many of their attacks, remembering why I don’t run them en masse, lol.

TH12...level 239...64/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 32 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    This tells me you don't understand the mechanics of the valk. I don't bring this up as an insult, but its clear you think they target like other troops, and they don't.

I brought up the core because you stated "when using wall wrecker valks" and where does the wrecker go?
    I said I won't respond anymore but I don't think you understand what I was talking about and now if you say If a troop is right in front of you and you think that a valk is a different type of troop and should just move out and Target other building,suffice to say,no offense but you clearly don't know how the game works and as for the wall wrecker thing,If you read what I was hinting at you would understand that I was talking about them giving an opening for the walls at the very start. Giving conclusions in the air won't make your opinion true.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEVIUS View Post
    I know not many of you actually use valks in wars or raids but those of you who do, I am seeing this consistently at times they just run for breaking when funnel has been created and there's an opening through and travelling south,east when the town hall is right next to them etc. This is a problem and as someone who is obsessed with valks can say Its new to me.
    Ive used valks since th8 before they changed them when they were tankish I’m now a th ten with max offence I’ve long suspected valk ai gets changed from time to time because sometimes they go strait for heroes and then the two buildings other times they just scatter but lately they have gone strait for the aq which is primarily what I use them for now like 4 inside the wrecker then when it bust I drop a rage on them and they take down the aq then I unleash the hogs. They have always bin a finicky troop that r explosively good, then putter out l. At th ten and up I wouldn’t rely on a mass valk attack but use them as part of a multi staged attack

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Kinda hard to understand your point OP. Friendly tip, try to post up a few replays.

I do agree that their AI is bad. I usually see them wailing on walls instead of going to two touching buildings right beside it; worse still, they often split to attack different walls sometimes leading into the same compartment.

I can’t say this is new though, this has been an issue for years.
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) “A picture is worth a thousand words.” A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.

I use Valks alot, there has been NO change in their AI for me.

If you want valks to be more reliable you need a good funnel, you can find some good tutorials on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I use Valks alot, there has been NO change in their AI for me.

If you want valks to be more reliable you need a good funnel, you can find some good tutorials on YouTube.
    ^This. We have been specifically told by Darian that there are no unannounced AI changes in any recent times. The last major AI change was a good while ago and was one that affected all troops and was reverted (rule of 3/5).

”AI changed” is most often a folk explanation attempting to make sense of the troop not doing what the player expected: generally the best and most plausible explanation is that the player didn’t actually have a firm handle on what to expect from the troop or how to predict what it would do in a given situation. So too saying they are “fickle” or “erratic” usually signals the same: player in search of explanation for why things didn’t go as hoped, seeking to lay that on the troop rather than on the funnelling/deployment.

I wouldn’t believe any “AI changed” speculation unless backed by video showing clearly that the troop is doing something that cannot be explained on what we collectively know of the present AI (and ideally more than one video from more than one player).
    Last edited by Tomville; October 2nd, 2018 at 01:55 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEVIUS View Post
    Really good insight provided and must read for anyone using valks for the first time,Yes when using wall wrecker valks always seem to misjudge what they are supposed to do. That's just one of the places I am seeing different behaviour. They go far away for Unbroken walls which my nearly dead golemites are hitting when they are supposed to go through the opening. An overhaul is kinda required.
    The valks always do what they are supposed to do, just like all the other troops. Your understanding of what they are supposed to do may be flawed, however (just like your understanding that no one uses them in war). You aren’t an SC developer, so you don’t have access to either design specifications or the source code, which are the definitive statements of what they are “supposed to do.”

Quote Originally Posted by whp4 View Post
    The valks always do what they are supposed to do, just like all the other troops. Your understanding of what they are supposed to do may be flawed, however (just like your understanding that no one uses them in war). You aren’t an SC developer, so you don’t have access to either design specifications or the source code, which are the definitive statements of what they are “supposed to do.”
    It looks like your understanding for what I am trying to say is flawed(just like your opinion saying I said No one ever uses them in war)
    When you come at my home as a guest,I serve you tea What do I expect you to do? Throw it away or drink it? The same thing applies here.
    Only after reading their description,observing their activity and applying basic logic did I reach my conclusion. You didn't give much input or made sense here.
    I am just a normal player,I just stated what I thought,I have stopped using valks for now though I will check back after the update.
    Some of the responses in this thread were harsh and offered no help whatsoever.

A video would surely help!

I use Valks on my th ten and my th9 in war all the time. I usuely use them as part of a kill squad not a “mass valk” unless the base is just asking for it. So I wouldn’t say “no one is using them”.