Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member management and blocking

Member management and blocking

I have now been playing COC for 6 years and getting to a max TH12 player. Based on my frustrations it’s time to make some suggestions on things that annoy us.

1. Players returning to the clan under another name.
    We should be able to know that a player has previously been in the clan during their request.

2. Players constantly or spamming you to friend them.
    I have countless friend requests in a day, it gets annoying when the same player keeps requesting.
    We should be able to block the user
    We could do with a feature to also turn off friend invites, probably after a certain level perhaps.

3. Players leave during war without attacking
    Feature to ban the user
    Feature to let others know they were banned because they left without attacking

4. Player clan ban
    Feature to permanently ban a player from a clan
    other clan should be able to see they were banned from a clan previously.

any thoughts?
    Last edited by WolffangJay; September 28th, 2018 at 02:56 PM.

i have the same issues. player requests to be a friend repeatedly. how is this not harrassment? players return after some time only to use derogatory terms. again, why is sc ok with this sort of harrassment?

While not a perfect solution to number one you could simply look their profile up on Clash of Stats prior to approving their request to join and you'd see their clan history. Also, touching base on number two if you leave the friend request pending for a week or so most players grow bored and stop sending it over and over.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    1. Their tag doesn't change.

2. This has been asked for quite a lot, and is in the QOL thread (but not as something coming soon).

3&4 are essentially the same thing. The first part of which has again been asked for quite a bit. The second part is not something supercell could ever envisage putting in place. They would simply be breaking the law if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    1. Their tag doesn't change.

2. This has been asked for quite a lot, and is in the QOL thread (but not as something coming soon).

3&4 are essentially the same thing. The first part of which has again been asked for quite a bit. The second part is not something supercell could ever envisage putting in place. They would simply be breaking the law if they did.
    I'm not disputing anything, but merely curious. How and what law would clans having the ability to ban a player from being able to join them be breaking?

P. S. I'm not even saying they should invest the time and resources to develop such a feature I'm just curious since this is the first time I've heard of a law regarding it.
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; October 14th, 2018 at 01:00 AM.

Level 17
    - 15,600/17,800 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 201] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    I'm not disputing anything, but merely curious. How and what law would clans having the ability to ban a player from being able to join them be breaking?

P. S. I'm not even saying they should invest the time and resources to develop such a feature I'm just curious since this is the first time I've heard of a law regarding it.
    I said the second part would be breaking the law.

i.e from 3 - "Feature to let others know they were banned because they left without attacking" and from 4 - "other clan should be able to see they were banned from a clan previously."

Both of those would fall foul of data protection legislation IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by WolffangJay View Post
    I have now been playing COC for 6 years and getting to a max TH12 player. Based on my frustrations itís time to make some suggestions on things that annoy us.

1. Players returning to the clan under another name.
    We should be able to know that a player has previously been in the clan during their request.

2. Players constantly or spamming you to friend them.
    I have countless friend requests in a day, it gets annoying when the same player keeps requesting.
    We should be able to block the user
    We could do with a feature to also turn off friend invites, probably after a certain level perhaps.

3. Players leave during war without attacking
    Feature to ban the user
    Feature to let others know they were banned because they left without attacking

4. Player clan ban
    Feature to permanently ban a player from a clan
    other clan should be able to see they were banned from a clan previously.

any thoughts?
    1. Clan blacklist. Anyone on the list canít join or request join. Very much wanted.

2. Ability to turn off friend requests, to block people, or ignore their requests, yes please.

3. Donít put new people in war.

4. Put a black mark on players you donít like? No. The bad experience was probably more than half your fault. Itís enough to kick and ban them from returning. Once they are gone, leave them alone.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I said the second part would be breaking the law.

i.e from 3 - "Feature to let others know they were banned because they left without attacking" and from 4 - "other clan should be able to see they were banned from a clan previously."

Both of those would fall foul of data protection legislation IMO.
    how would it be any different from the system set up on this forum to see what a players reputation is?

this would be far from breaking the law, imo, and would be very helpful to clan leaders.

An an example of something that might actually be illegal in clash would be the loot boxes you pay for in clash royale. These are randomized prizes which is very similar to a lottery system. Most pay to play lotteries can only be bought with cash and require their players to be 18 years of age or older, neither of which regulations are monitored by loot box purchases (therefore making them pretty legally ambiguous).

Fresh Spawn

Blocking a player

Please add a block feature for annoying players that spam requests