Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bot usage

Quote Originally Posted by sheedy17 View Post
    People have to stop concerning themselves with what others do, without proof, why get someone investigated just because you don't believe its possible? Maybe they had the time and did it, leave people alone
    I’m kinda with this. Bots impact us personally (individually) only a little, but are bad for the health of the game overall and using them is cheating. From that I conclude that it’s a matter of significance for SC to treat seriously, hunt out proactively and dispense discipline accordingly - which I believe they do - and for me not to need to think or talk too much about. It’s rather like rubbernecking at a road accident where emergency services are already handling things - my attention isn’t helping anything when it comes to bots in Clash.

I think it’s a little different in Hay Day to Clash, as there bots have a far more visible presence and impact on honest players via the newspaper, road side shops, and boat leaderboard whereas in Clash it’s more a scandal to potentially moan about rather than something where one personally regularly suffers negative impact or has one’s game experience changed by what others do. For that reason I do see a point in forum threads complaining of bots in that game in their part of the forum, provided they stay the right side of rules 1 and 6, but don’t see so much point for it over here in Clash land.
    Last edited by Tomville; September 18th, 2018 at 03:20 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

I'm not so sure about this "bots only impact us a little" idea. My TH10 has 10 bot raid attacks on it from before the cheap miners. That's 1/4 of the raids on my TH10 being done by bots. It would most likely have been more if the cheap miners hadn't encourage a load of people to do legit attacks. And that is a lot of loot stolem from my base.

My main TH9 also has many many bot attacks on it as well. And again, that represents a lot of stolen loot. So I am not sure how "only impacts us a little" can be claimed. That is loot I need to work at to get back where as they just got a bot to do it for nothing. That is loot deprived of others who might take their own time to attack me.

And I have recorded a good many of them too.

How can I tell they are bots?

A combination...

Same troops.... same deployment methods.... often exact same deployment place on the base... same long long long pause before dropping lightening spells on my dark drills... impossible troop deployment speed... player is not boosting but has abnormally high attack Wins, but non of their attacks on me are wins... all players doing this are from the same country...

For example....

Troop training time: 24 min. (unboosted and they never boost)
    Attacks WON: 293 in 8 days. (36+ attack Wins a day)
    Possible attacks in a day if instant match at 25 min (57)
    Possible attacks in 16 hours (assuming 8 hours for sleeping eating bathing chores of some description) with 25 min between attacks is 38. Taking more than a minute to match will reduce the total possible attacks, let alone number of attacks that can be Won.

Add these unlikely numbers into the mix of items I mentioned above equals bots.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOz View Post
    I'm not so sure about this "bots only impact us a little" idea. My TH10 has 10 bot raid attacks on it from before the cheap miners. That's 1/4 of the raids on my TH10 being done by bots. It would most likely have been more if the cheap miners hadn't encourage a load of people to do legit attacks. And that is a lot of loot stolem from my base.

My main TH9 also has many many bot attacks on it as well. And again, that represents a lot of stolen loot. So I am not sure how "only impacts us a little" can be claimed. That is loot I need to work at to get back where as they just got a bot to do it for nothing. That is loot deprived of others who might take their own time to attack me.

A combination...

Same troops.... same deployment methods.... often exact same deployment place on the base... same long long long pause before dropping lightening spells on my dark drills... impossible troop deployment speed... player is not boosting but has abnormally high attack Wins, but non of their attacks on me are wins... all players doing this are from the same country...

For example....

Possible attacks in 16 hours (assuming 8 hours for sleeping eating bathing chores of some description) with 25 min between attacks is 38. Taking more than a minute to match will reduce the total possible attacks, let alone number of attacks that can be Won.

The thing is I don’t think that’s a great impact of the magnitude enough to be worked up about in a forum, as if a bot hadn’t attacked you then some honest player would have done so taking the loot instead. It’s only an issue in that sense that it would be disastrous should we happen to get to a game environment where bots so proliferate that there are no longer the usual general number of decent loot bases left for the rest of us, and we are nowhere near epidemic level on that. Hay Day is a quite different in the kind and level of personal impact bots are capable of inflicting directly on the honest players, on the number of honest players being impacted in those ways, and on the connections between bot usage and further TOS violating activities going on founded on that botting activity as step 1 in something larger. Don’t confuse me with saying it’s not important to SC, or not important in some absolute sense, because it is: I’m just questioning how important it needs be in the minds and discussions of us the regular Clash players... especially with a mind to how easy it might be for a thread like this to slip into forum rules violation.
    Last edited by Tomville; September 18th, 2018 at 05:10 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOz View Post

A combination...

For example....

Agreed^

When i was in a very low league, around Silver/Gold, almost every attack against my base was a bot.
    After i reached certain loots offer, they would start attacking you. This is because botters set certain total loots before it starts attacking the base.

OP, 700 is a very small number of attacks to be suspicious of botting.
    Once you get to 2000+ then you can be suspicious, but like others said, it not 100% proof of botting. You will need to see the raids in order to see botting behaviour.
    If you see the same exact deployment spot at the same exact timing on many accounts attacking your base, you can be certain that all of those accounts are bots.

I think by creating honeypot accounts, SC could easily catch many bots.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Munni003 View Post
    Hi. I find 1 player in global. He have more than 700 attacks in this season. So i hve doubt on this player he is using bots. So plz check this player and take action against him. Base name (redacted by forum Moderator) and tag #(redacted)
    Sorry for tht 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Goonerwinone
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Affront hadn't published the tag; I edited his post so that his quote matched the original once that had been edited.
    It was a little fun post cowslips, kind of like when someone corrects or grammar post because the grammer* is spelt wrong.
    There were no hard feeling's towards Affront otherwise I'd have reported him to the highest authorities INTERPOL.

*was intentional before you get in touch with said INTERPOL.
    Last edited by Goonerwinone; September 18th, 2018 at 07:34 AM.