Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Will the village size keep getting bigger as new THs are released?

Banned

Will the village size keep getting bigger as new THs are released?

So I am thinking that when more townhall levels are released, there will be obviously more structures. When that happens the village size will eventually be needed to be increased by extra layer of tiles.
    But then the problem with this is that it may make it hard to raid because you would have to zoom out so much to get the whole base in view, and that would make placing troops in specific spots harder because an individual "tile" on the screen is gonna be really tiny.

What do you guys think the solution to this will be when this time comes? Or maybe will they stop adding townhalls after townhall 15 or 16? Because I'm pretty sure this problem would eventually occur.

Also, another problem is that as more and more structures are added, when someone is going to create a new layout for their base at those townhall levels, it will take a lot of time to create good bases due to the sheer amount of content.

I think it will be interesting to see how SC handles this down the line.

Or they continue the trend that we've seen with Townhall 12 and more non-defensive buildings become weaponised, like Barracks with roaming troops like on Builder Base, or Spell Factories that radiate a spell that effects the attackers troops like Poison or Freeze.

Level 18
    - 1,357/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Or they continue the trend that we've seen with Townhall 12 and more non-defensive buildings become weaponised, like Barracks with roaming troops like on Builder Base, or Spell Factories that radiate a spell that effects the attackers troops like Poison or Freeze.
    Those are good ideas you mentioned, but theycan’t keep doing that. I mean it’s “cool” and all for the first few buildings, but after a point that will become overused too. Also, the TH12 update itself barely brought in enough buildings. Idk if they plan on decreasing the number of buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammad80 View Post
    Those are good ideas you mentioned, but theycan’t keep doing that. I mean it’s “cool” and all for the first few buildings, but after a point that will become overused too. Also, the TH12 update itself barely brought in enough buildings. Idk if they plan on decreasing the number of buildings.
    TH12 may also not be finished; there's still plenty of time where additional features and structures could be launched at TH12.

Level 18
    - 1,357/18,500| Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 202] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Darian on similar question responses at Reddit AMA told that increasing the Village tiles would increase the battle time. Supercell would continue to keep the battle time within 3 minutes. And for that village tile size needs to be the same as it is.

So, I personally do not think that Supercell is thinking of increasing the size of village too soon. In my speculations its not happening in two years next at least.
    Youtube Channel: Leninion

Discord Server for Clan (Formal way to apply to our clan)

Pro Member
    SC has increased the size in the past and will do again if needed.

No I do not think the village size will grow. There is still plenty room for extra defenses, plus as BloodyIrishman mentions, there are other ways of making the game harder with new town hall levels. Imagine the clan castle defending itself like the town hall does.

Furthermore we only have had TH12 for a short time. See how much time there was between the release of 11 and 12. So even if a new TH level comes in a year or two, they have plenty options to do that without expanding the field.
    <gone>

I hope so, because my obstacles can use another push to the edge!

Millennial Club
    If i was a betting man....the size of the layout will not increase in size. I also think the the game will move in a different direction to just adding more buildings at each TH level. Equally a new TH level could literally be 2 years away....but “new content” does not mean a new TH level.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    During the development process of TH12, increasing the size of the village was something that was considered. But increasing that size just for TH12 would've introduced more complexity than necessary. Furthermore, we wanted to minimize how much complexity was added with TH12. If we had created a new defensive building, or added more walls, that would've made the map's real estate incredibly crowded without expanding the size of the map; something that would've been unfair for those not at TH12.

Since early on we decided we weren't going to increase the map size for TH12, that's when we came up with the idea of weaponizing the Town Hall itself.

If and when we do TH13 and beyond, we might consider adding more space to the map, but for now we'll keep looking for ways to avoid doing so.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett