Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bot usage

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    do we found a potential bot user?
    if bots would not be a big deal for sc they wouldnt have added it into their ToS.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    They are a big deal. Once they find someone cheating or whatever he will be banned (perma or temporarily)

there will always be people defending botters, saying one can easily stay 24-hour online, hit next 200 times before raiding an abandoned base, and use only barch using no spells.

only solution to bots relies on captchas (click on all images containing wizards). Otherwise, all you’ll have is a strong indication of them using bots. If they use captcha challenges every time they see a person logged in for, let’s say, 8 hours non-stop, or hitting next 100 times, or whatever, they would easily find out who is using bots and who isn’t
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

one of my clanmates had 550+ attacks won last season...700 win in not a big deal..stay in the lower league and you can win more than 700 if u have a decent levels of heroes and troops

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    there will always be people defending botters, saying one can easily stay 24-hour online, hit next 200 times before raiding an abandoned base, and use only barch using no spells.

only solution to bots relies on captchas (click on all images containing wizards). Otherwise, all you’ll have is a strong indication of them using bots. If they use captcha challenges every time they see a person logged in for, let’s say, 8 hours non-stop, or hitting next 100 times, or whatever, they would easily find out who is using bots and who isn’t
    Tell me about top global legends, they stay hmmm how many hours online? 🤔

I've heard it's nearly impossible to detect bot usage since it doesn't change the game at all like a mod does so the only way to see is to infer from replays. Number of attacks won could be an indicator but doesn't confirm it by any means. I've won over 1,000 attacks in previous seasons using barch/goblins.
    th12: 60/60/30 | 60/60/30 | 60/60/29 | 60/60/30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by michelms View Post
    Tell me about top global legends, they stay hmmm how many hours online? 樂
    I guess they will have no problem solving a captcha once every 8 straight hours, or whenever there is an indication they could be botting. Solving captchas is easy, unless they are bots. For bots, solving captchas becomes far more complicated.
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; September 17th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Banned
    Then you should develop bots to catch players that are using bots. It's called 以毒攻毒。

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post

This is a good idea in my opinion. I would love to see something like this implemented....however even though I don't like bots, I also understand that they are extremely hard to catch unless you impliment something like this. And for what? Is it worth it for SC to implement an annoyance to catch a few botters? (few based on ratio..not based on actual number).

I liken it to the analogy of traffic speeds in the US. Frankly, the speed limit is 65. Does that mean they catch every person that speeds over 65? Is it even worth the amount of cost to catch everyone that speeds over 65? Frankly no...

People have to stop concerning themselves with what others do, without proof, why get someone investigated just because you don't believe its possible? Maybe they had the time and did it, leave people alone
    BACK TO THE GRIND TH12 BAY BAY

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    This is a good idea in my opinion. I would love to see something like this implemented....however even though I don't like bots, I also understand that they are extremely hard to catch unless you impliment something like this. And for what? Is it worth it for SC to implement an annoyance to catch a few botters? (few based on ratio..not based on actual number).

I liken it to the analogy of traffic speeds in the US. Frankly, the speed limit is 65. Does that mean they catch every person that speeds over 65? Is it even worth the amount of cost to catch everyone that speeds over 65? Frankly no...
    Yeah, bots are a problem everywhere, and best solution so far involves captchas. There are simple captchas like “click on all pics containing something” and advanced captchas that watch how you interact with app before deciding if they should challenge you with a captcha to confirm you’re not a robot. This way they can make a captcha that disturbs as little real players as possible.

About the need of banning bots, you currently have 3 options to progress in the game:
    1) work hard farming resources for your upgrades
    2) spend money on gems, so you can progress with less work (not unfair, since you’ll be financing the game)
    3) use bots and keep both heroes upgrading with no effort, and no costs with gems (unfair - this option is against TOS and FairPlay policy)

I really think SC should be interested in banning option 3, since it likely affects gem revenue and is unfair to the rest of the players who have to either pay or work hard to upgrade their villages and thus progress in the game

Talking about analogies, if you want to paint your wall, you have to either do it yourself, or hire a painter. If people find a “way” of painting a wall by pressing a “run” button on their PC, it’s likely painters will either have to change their occupation or go bankrupt
    Last edited by RagnarFurias; September 18th, 2018 at 02:56 AM.