Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They Need To Fix Friendly Challenging

Yeah, it would be helpful. From a players perspective, there is zero legitimate reason not do this.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 5 Days Ago at 04:45 AM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Sammydict View Post
    So just because I differed from your opinion (in fact constructively), you found it fair to diss me and my badge. Superb job!

Anyways, to further elaborate you self admitted that your clan is mostly active during War time & not overly active outside of war time. Honestly, that's good enough a reason for a player to not stay in a clan after s\he has just checked in but not good enough a reason to alter the current structure of Friendly challenges.

And time zone has less to do with international clans. Being in international is niche, risky choice one needs to make as chances of it paying off or putting you off is equally the same.
    Time zone has less do to with International clans? I don't get that. Look, we're a USA clan. But I've recruited a few players from Europe. They're great guys. It's nice to have some different cultures in the clan. That is whats special about the game. I feel bad when they're 6 hours ahead and we're sleeping, vice versa. This seems like an extremely easy option to implement with tremendous upside. Nobody wants to stay online just to keep putting their base up so someone can attack it 1000 times.

Ive been around the block. This was well thought out before it was posted. I just take issue with anyone saying this is a bad idea. The option to sign online at any time of the day. Could be morning, or after a late night out, or some other time when people are sleeping and working, especially wanting to FC with someone of your same town hall. Thats the other thing, not only do other people have to be online so you can friendly challenge, you have to get lucky that they're the same town hall as you to really enjoy.

This game needs more accessibility. This provides action whenever you want. And it's private, you can do it by yourself, and you don't have to clog up the chat, especially during war time when people are discussing strategy.

No way this is a bad idea. SORRY

This is a place where people can express their opinion on an idea, you don't have to be rude at SammyDict or anyone who opposes your idea here.

Personally, I don't think this idea's too bad but I'm worried about war hoppers hitting every base in the Clan about 20 times. Ahh, what a practice it might be. With a little of improvements to this idea and it'll be okay.

While I think this is a nice feature to have, I'm guessing SC isn't hot about anything that encourages "playing by yourself". Just like the goblin map which has been ignored for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    This is a place where people can express their opinion on an idea, you don't have to be rude at SammyDict or anyone who opposes your idea here.

Personally, I don't think this idea's too bad but I'm worried about war hoppers hitting every base in the Clan about 20 times. Ahh, what a practice it might be. With a little of improvements to this idea and it'll be okay.
    you're right... you're right. I don't mean to be rude. Just passionate. And of course the devs would need to plan out the feature. Maybe only elders and up can enjoy the feature to give the clan time to Voirdear the new member...

Quote Originally Posted by Bkt26 View Post
    While I think this is a nice feature to have, I'm guessing SC isn't hot about anything that encourages "playing by yourself". Just like the goblin map which has been ignored for ages.
    I wouldn't consider this all about playing by yourself, which by the way, a lot more people do that than you think. I think there are truly people out there who want to get better, maybe don't have a ridiculously active clan to post 4700 friendly challenges, maybe a bit nervous to practice in front of people, or combination of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Well then they can add an option allowing you to make some or all your bases private. Problem solved.
    This would be a perfect compromise. Implement the OPís solution and allow for users to turn the feature off if they want to. Everyone will be happy

365 days for He, 366 days for She and 1 day for We. Know what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Even if it isnít a good reason to implement this, it still should be implemented. Who exactly is this change hurting? What exactly is negative about it? Itís good for a good amount of players. Iíd argue most players would either like this or feel neutral about it.
    This isn't about hurting someone. But yes there's a negativity about this. It'll encourage players to not be worried about finding a fitting clan. For ex: A player will simply keep jumping from clan to clan wrecking bases without consequences. It'll be a bad practice IMO. Imagine having 100 notifications of your base being destroyed by XYZ players. Just sends a feel of negativity.

Also, it'll allow players to have 1vs1 experience thus further affecting Builder Base which has been created mainly for a 1v1 experience.

Also, recruiting is an essential aspects that comes with improving communications and to have communication there needs to be activity. It in fact is a good thing in all aspects, real or virtual. This idea further will discourage such practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JBRM View Post
    Time zone has less do to with International clans? I don't get that. Look, we're a USA clan. But I've recruited a few players from Europe. They're great guys. It's nice to have some different cultures in the clan. That is whats special about the game. I feel bad when they're 6 hours ahead and we're sleeping, vice versa. This seems like an extremely easy option to implement with tremendous upside. Nobody wants to stay online just to keep putting their base up so someone can attack it 1000 times.

Ive been around the block. This was well thought out before it was posted. I just take issue with anyone saying this is a bad idea. The option to sign online at any time of the day. Could be morning, or after a late night out, or some other time when people are sleeping and working, especially wanting to FC with someone of your same town hall. Thats the other thing, not only do other people have to be online so you can friendly challenge, you have to get lucky that they're the same town hall as you to really enjoy.

This game needs more accessibility. This provides action whenever you want. And it's private, you can do it by yourself, and you don't have to clog up the chat, especially during war time when people are discussing strategy.

No way this is a bad idea. SORRY
    I never said your idea is a bad one. In fact, I humbly said I don't find it good enough to be implemented and provided reasons too.

The game already has, perhaps, the most accessibility game wise. Size smaller, available for free, easy progress till higher clans, easy to find a fitting clan, do Wars, do friendly. If anything is lacking, it's either in individuals or the clans they have build or chose to be in. Options are always available to change such inconveniences.
    She: How do ugly guys get such fine women?
    He: The more she laughs, the more time she spends with her eyes closed... It's science.

To read how a romantic night turned horrific click on the Doorbell
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101

Sounds like a great idea. I'm not big on friendly challenges but if I felt like attacking on a whim I'd prob do it more. Toggle switch like someone said would be cool.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by JBRM View Post
    Friendly Challenging needs a MAJOR OVERHAUL. I am not the biggest friendly challenger. I like it at times, but other than that it's more a nuisance.

-People should be able to attack ANYONE's base in their clan. You should simply be able to click on anyone's profile, click FC, and up pops the bases in his village edit saves. You should be able to put any CC Troops you would like in his CC. And then you can attack that base thousands of times if you would like without annoying people to constantly put up their bases. It's cumbersome and its a turnoff for people who live to FC.

How many times have you had someone new join your clan, and then they leave because theres not 40 people on just dying to put up their base for them? Now this person for leaving the clan we could argue is a simple mind for not giving the clan a chance. But this likely wouldn't happen if he can mindlessly friendly challenge until his fingers fall off.

And then the results also don't need to clog the chat. The person could share the replay if he would like.

Make this feature more accessible, less inconvenient, and also this gives people the chance to attack bases with the proper CC troops, instead of them attacking each other with each having bowlers in their castles, which is also not a real war time feel.
    I have played a game very similar to Clash of Clans, where attacking anyone was possible. Even from the global chat. It lead to bullying like you wouldn't belive and was far from "friendly".

SuperCell has done a lot to separate and isolate players. You will never be able to attack somebody you just saw in Global or somebody you just kicked from your clan. The probability of you attacking somebody you know is minimal.

Friendly Challenges are just friendly and you can't expect to play friendly challenges until your fingers fall off. The biggest reason for that is, that there is simply no revenue in that.

I'm sure that there are clans where FC's are plenty, but most of the time, it's multiplayer or war that really brings in the cheddar, as it should be.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/26|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting