Thread: Need some help

Millennial Club

Need some help

So Im trying to explain to the cos of my clan why a 5 th spread is not a good call for war matchup. I tried couple searches but got squat. If you guys could provide some links I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghchris View Post
    So Im trying to explain to the cos of my clan why a 5 th spread is not a good call for war matchup. I tried couple searches but got squat. If you guys could provide some links I would greatly appreciate it.
    You need to provide some more information like clan tag and lineup.

I agree its generally not a good idea, but it depends on goals & clan composition. Large wars, want to bring everybody & have some tolerance for a mismatch? Do whatever you like. But if you want fairer matching, smaller wars with a 3 TH spread are better (might not be true for low ths, I just dunno).

Go ahead & put up the clan tag and we can help more. Tough to give abstract, one-size-fits-all advice.

*Note this is for generally fairest matching, not the general advantage that roster & base engineers are aiming for.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Millennial Club
    Thanks guys. Trying not to call people out. Just looking for links to general discussion about th spread and match making
    Last edited by Pghchris; 5 Days Ago at 12:27 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    You need to provide some more information like clan tag and lineup.
    Tag in profile. Line up was 5 th spread.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    I agree its generally not a good idea, but it depends on goals & clan composition. Large wars, want to bring everybody & have some tolerance for a mismatch? Do whatever you like. But if you want fairer matching, smaller wars with a 3 TH spread are better (might not be true for low ths, I just dunno).

Go ahead & put up the clan tag and we can help more. Tough to give abstract, one-size-fits-all advice.

*Note this is for generally fairest matching, not the general advantage that roster & base engineers are aiming for.
    They thinking bigger is better. Adding th 8s as filler to get to 25 or 30. Agree with the smaller better with tight th spread

They thinking bigger is better. Adding th 8s as filler to get to 25 or 30. Agree with the smaller better with tight th spread
    I can't really say they're wrong. I prefer small wars so I can keep track of what's going on better, so that each account can make a difference (in large wars I feel like I might as well skip attacks), so that the matching is more predictable - but that's my preference, anyone that likes big wars for the excitement isn't wrong in any way.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

So I’m trying to explain to the co’s of my clan why a 5 th spread is not a good call for war matchup. I tried couple searches but got squat. If you guys could provide some links I would greatly appreciate it.
    Basically two reasons.

One, war matchmaking is about finding two clans that are similar to each other. There are more clans, reportedly, with a three TH spread than there are with a five TH spread. Now, I'm not entirely convinced of this. We war with TH12s down to TH8s and plenty in between. How different clans war with different THs probably varies a lot by what kind of clan it is, and trying to resemble noob clans is the cool new way to engineer.

Two, once you get over about 15v15 or 20v20, the bigger the war, the fewer clans there are doing that kind of war, so the less likely it will be that the matchmaker will be able to find a clan that is a close match to your own. This leads to longer search times and more mismatches.