Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Need something to do with DE....

For those who think DE is wasted when looted and not needed/used.

If a player with max DE attacks another player with max DE. That 3500k ish DE disappears and is wasted. That part is true. However there's a perspective you may not see:

240k / 3500 = 68

68 is the estimated times a base would have to be attacked to drain the DE in the storage. The number is actually higher but 68 is conservative. With a 16hr shield it would take 45 days to complete those 68 attacks against that base. Another estimate, I realize the number can be smaller.

That base and others like it will sit for months offering DE. If those players used that DE on walls. That DE will be removed from the economy in seconds instead of gradually over months. A single player is insiginicant. Imagine everyone doing this.

Lastly, there is a lot of DE in drills when you're DE farming. When a player empties their DE storage, they will also empty the drills. Empty drills will be a byproduct of dumping DE from storages. Removing more DE from the economy. I can already see a trophy drop frenzy trying to find dead bases with DE in that scenario. I like my dead base farming, I don't want to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Actually I think it’s you missing the issue. OP is talking about people who are sitting on full de and have absolutely no use for de besides building troops and spells - no king or queen levels left to go, no spells or troops left to research. That’s nothing to do with people like you say you are, who have a need for de for upgrades but just presently can’t spend any more of it due to heros and lab already on upgrades using de. Yours is a temporary and a little annoying resource management problem, rather than the situation where de comes to have almost no value at all other than padding Heroic Heist and the luxurious feeling of having a perpetual $50 note to pay for the next $2 army.

That happens when you get to max - before th12 came there were lots of th11 completely full or almost so on all of gold, elixir and dark elixir with no place to spend it - fully maxed and sitting on full storages, full collectors, full treasury. But that it happens anyways in the game doesn’t really give much support for the idea you ought be able to use de on walls or they ought add high priced decor just to give you a place to spend that de. If your walls aren’t done before you run out of ways to spend de it just suggests you’ll need some more time farming gold and elixir to get them done... and always looming is the incontrovertible fact that at some point none of these resources will mean anything if you get to fully max again before some update brings some new things on which to spend resources.
    It’s an issue for both TH12 and others, although my focus is on TH12 of course. There’s a similar resource glut at TH8 and the answer there is to upgrade, of course. That launches into the whole max vs rush debate though.

Wasted resources are no good for the game. TH12 is the first time I’ve run out of places to put DE before other upgrades were done and I suspect I am not alone. This is a result of both the bonus packs as well as the newly introduced Books of XYZ. Who knows...it may be an issue at TH11 now as well (I no longer have any maxing TH11 games). Either way, I’d like someplace to use it as part of the build game. The more fully maxed TH12s in the game, the better it is for the overall game and the sooner we get there, the better too.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Millennial Club
    i dont think DE raiding is that tougher than gold/elixir raiding. when i concentrated on DE during th10 days, i raided huge amounts per day with minimal time spent. just 4 healers queen walk(with 2-3giants, 4-5wbs, 10-15 archs, 15-20 goblins nothing more) a rage if i needed one(and a jump on rare occasions). and even if people were allowed to put DE into their walls back then, i dont think it would hav affected my DE farming one bit.

im not gona cook DE armies to farm gold/elix even when im full on DE. its bcuz i dont care about training cost i only care about training time and DE armies take longer. im not gona loose my loot efficiency just to not waste DE.
    now, if all 6 barracks were working at the same time(like they were used to back in the day before SC merged them) i would definitely take some valks and/or minions.
    Last edited by arpithmania; 5 Days Ago at 05:49 PM.
    my edited posts most likely mean, i miss spelled or miss worded or forgot something.

speculation is the only thing we can do until anything is official. thats what the forums are for.

Noc, you do a pretty good job on the bfb side, so I'll take it easy on you. But your idea of using DE for walls is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. Why kill the DE economy because you chose to build defenses before maxing walls?

When I've run out of a use for DE (and gold) in the past, I'm glad to let my storage stay mostly full. Let the looters have it.
    Last edited by ubba13; 4 Days Ago at 07:01 PM.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ubba13 View Post
    Noc, you do a pretty good job on the bfb side, so I'll take it easy on you. But your idea of using DE for walls is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. Why kill the DE economy because you chose to build defenses before maxing walls?

When I've run out of a use for DE (and gold) in the past, I'm glad to let my storage stay mostly full. Let the looters have it.
    I'm a strong subscriber to this attitude too ..

During the times when I've had absolutely nothing to use resources on, I'm still winning about 200 attacks a season and I find myself rooting for my attackers! If they can steal 800K/800K/7K from me, all the power to them. May the resources find a good home, I don't need it anyway.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/26|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

During the times when I've had absolutely nothing to use resources on, I'm still winning about 200 attacks a season and I find myself rooting for my attackers! If they can steal 800K/800K/7K from me, all the power to them. May the resources find a good home, I don't need it anyway.

/Affront
    I'd rep you but they won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

/Affront
    When I see defenses like this I can't help but think "good on you "

And then I always think about if they shared the raid with their clan mates and were all smiles
    Last edited by RAppel; 4 Days Ago at 08:04 PM.
    TH12 - lvl194 - 246k FIN - Oct2012 - 02 Jul + 1 year
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 20.45m +5.76m
    BH8 - PB 4209

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ubba13 View Post

I'm with you on this one.

This post looks like a selfish request of wanting to max their base quicker (specifically walls) and deny resources to other raiders (TH10 - TH12). I would never support this message, even if all of my accounts were maxed. Spread the DE love to others I say.
    Alpha and Omega (#PVUQR2UL) Location: USA
    TH12: 55/60/30 TH12: 33/44/30 TH11: 35/33/20 TH9: 10/6
    Always looking for more to join clan and help out with clan games. We've only missed one reward out of all games, come help us so it doesn't happen again. Be sure to mention forums in your join request, or you're deemed a dirty spy and rejected.

I think the clan games exasperates this problem a lot. I mean runes that completely fill your DE and DE on top of that. I have never leveled my heroes faster than from 50-60. On top of that, they basically offered max heroes in a bottle for $99, which a lot of people bought. It's awesome to have max heroes, but the game still needs to be as fun or more fun. What's the point in maxing things, if it just means there is nothing left to do?? Hope SC can figure out some ways to keep me needing all the resources and fun ways to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by affront View Post
    you enjoyed the fact that people had de for you to steal and now that you yourseld don’t need as much, you want to deny the next generation of clashers the same opportunities you had?

Access to de is what allowed you to progress ..

/affront
    ^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    for those who think de is wasted when looted and not needed/used.

If a player with max de attacks another player with max de. That 3500k ish de disappears and is wasted. That part is true. However there's a perspective you may not see:

240k / 3500 = 68

68 is the estimated times a base would have to be attacked to drain the de in the storage. The number is actually higher but 68 is conservative. With a 16hr shield it would take 45 days to complete those 68 attacks against that base. Another estimate, i realize the number can be smaller.

That base and others like it will sit for months offering de. If those players used that de on walls. That de will be removed from the economy in seconds instead of gradually over months. A single player is insiginicant. Imagine everyone doing this.

Lastly, there is a lot of de in drills when you're de farming. When a player empties their de storage, they will also empty the drills. Empty drills will be a byproduct of dumping de from storages. Removing more de from the economy. I can already see a trophy drop frenzy trying to find dead bases with de in that scenario. I like my dead base farming, i don't want to share!
    ^^^ and this