Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clan war matchmaking more then 20 hours

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Well it’s common sence that running a tighter spread of halls 10,11,12s will give a much more better chance at finding another clan similar as that’s the more popular search, as for there engineering, it’s o Luna couple of bottom bases, so it’s not half there clan, but the last few wars we have seen some engineering but we actually had the same amount of halls in comparison, so basicly all there engineered 11s matched our 11s with eagles, so somethings changed recently I think, seems like there treating th11s with decent offence as if there got eagles, giving us the advantage. As for the 12 hour search, all I was saying is that it can happen to anyone, and I am very aware that there wasn’t another clan around our weight at the time. Just a bit of bad luck that night as we ran a standard lineup that’s largely common.
    Oh and for the third party question, not sure why you need to ask that now days tbh, it’s pretty much instant ban as supercell can detect that ♥♥♥♥ now.
    If you are getting hall parity, even though they run lop sided, then that is good. Fits in with what we saw after the 12 update. We used to omit the big guns, but found we matched them anyway post update, so dropped and maxed. Found it made little to no difference to the spins. Hope this continues.
    Oh.. and the reason for the 3rd party question, is because they are the only ones that arent fair play.

Pro Member
    Yea itís good for us, there was a phase about 2 weeks ago where matching was a bit off, but something must of changed behind the scenes recently, so hopefully itís heading in the right direction and we just havenít been lucky, I think one of the last wars took about 2 hours to find and had a similar result with our advantage (our 11s with eagles and they had some .5s).
    Oh and I know people have different interpretations of fair play, my version is running proper bases, not .5s/engineered
    Last edited by Domz69; September 16th, 2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Adding more

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Yea itís good for us, there was a phase about 2 weeks ago where matching was a bit off, but something must of changed behind the scenes recently, so hopefully itís heading in the right direction and we just havenít been lucky, I think one of the last wars took about 2 hours to find and had a similar result with our advantage (our 11s with eagles and they had some .5s).
    Oh and I know people have different interpretations of fair play, my version is running proper bases, not .5s/engineered
    .5 and engineered bases are fair play even if you might not like it.

Engineering is alot more muted now anyways with the right lineup.

OP - you have a number of things in your war line up, that will make the search take a long time.
    Have a read of Tank's guide, sticked at the top of this page:

(Tank - thanks so much again for writing this guide. Helps a lot!)

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11078131

FAQ 19. Why is it taking forever for my clan to find a match?
    There are several reasons that your clan could be experiencing an extended search time. Usually it's due to an uncommon roster, and the matchmaker simply can't find you a match that it considers fair.
    It can also be because your roster is intentionally engineered to a point that there are also no suitable matches for your clan. This can be caused by excessive bottom end loading (including low THs in an otherwise high TH clan, called roster engineering) or including very exotic or engineered bases in your roster such as high offense low defense accounts or other unnatural builds. The key to a quick, and on average fair match is to be similar to other clans.
    Consider adding or removing accounts to change the size of war your are searching for potentially giving you a more common line up. Remove any low fillers at the bottom of your roster. Exclude any exotic or extremely rushed accounts from your roster when you search.
    Another alternative is to split the clan. Have a "feeder" clan where the low townhalls war, and the main where the heavies reside.

Quote Originally Posted by Matejc0077 View Post
    Clan tag is #J0089GVP

OK, here's your cocp.it link: https://cocp.it/clan/J0089GVP

You're running 20% engineered as cocp.it sees it. Looking at your most recent lineup you've got your nines spread throughout your lineup mixed in with 8s and 7s. an 11 sitting below a 10 and another 11 below a bunch of 9s. THat war had 3-TH11 1-th10 8-th9, 3-TH8, 3-TH7 and 2-TH5. It's a strange lineup. Honestly, I'd cut the 5s at the very least (possibly 7s and 8s too) and try to get more of your nines in the proper order, or remove the ones sitting below 8s altogether. Once the bases are in a better order you can probably add the 7s and 8s back in. More 10s might help too.
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post

You're running 20% engineered as cocp.it sees it. Looking at your most recent lineup you've got your nines spread throughout your lineup mixed in with 8s and 7s. an 11 sitting below a 10 and another 11 below a bunch of 9s. THat war had 3-TH11 1-th10 8-th9, 3-TH8, 3-TH7 and 2-TH5. It's a strange lineup. Honestly, I'd cut the 5s at the very least (possibly 7s and 8s too) and try to get more of your nines in the proper order, or remove the ones sitting below 8s altogether. Once the bases are in a better order you can probably add the 7s and 8s back in. More 10s might help too.
    Agree with the advice. Being engineered isn't the issue by itself - my clan's engineered about the same amount according to cocp.it - but the lopsidedness & TH stretch are issues.
    Puma's right try eliminating the lower THs first, see if you can match without them. If not (or that's just not something you want to do) bench the most aggressively engineered or lopsided accounts. Licanin jumps out to me as being lopsided enough to give the matchmaker a headache, there's probably more. A th11 below the th9s is tough to match - you can't make accounts like that any more, and every day more of the old accounts like that upgrade or quit.
    The accounts are probably salvageable, but need to add a lot of defense weight.
    Last edited by TankSinatra; September 17th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post

Got it. Thank you.

Pro Member
    Personally I wouldnít have more then a 3 hall spread

We typically run TH12 down to TH9 and have had no major matchmaking issues. Sometimes we get thrown a few lopsided TH11s from our opponents, but this usually doesn't affect the war outcome too much.

Some good advice given to the OP in this thread!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Pro Member
    We just match another war against a clan with some engineering, we got the advantage again, itís pretty much match there engineered 11s with our proper 11s with eagles, so itís like itís weighted them with eagles when they donít