Thread: Copy and leave clans need to be a thing

Copy and leave clans need to be a thing

Hello,

We have request and leave clans for donation troops. I would like copy and leave clans for base sharing. I have offered in global to have people join my clan to copy bases. No one takes me up on my offer. If I ask to join other clans just to trade base layouts they get quite angry. I am TH12 and I have good war bases to trade. I am just always looking for new ones to keep the fc in my clan interesting and challenging. Ten attacks and they have found a way to three star any base so need new ones often. Clearly I could pretend to be interested in joining any clan, copy the bases and leave. Not something I want to be known for doing so not an option.

Can we give our clan details out in this thread and invite people to visit to trade base layouts? Or is there a rule against this?
    Last edited by Yeuts; 6 Days Ago at 11:41 PM.

Because most players, especially at TH12, are protective of their base design. There's no benefit to the person sharing really like there is for Request and Go clans members.

Level 16
    - 1,168/17,100
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 182] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Because most players, especially at TH12, are protective of their base design.
    What you say is true.

I think it is wrong and needs to change. Being protective of your base seems silly. If a guy we just finished a war with wanted to join my clan and copy my base I would be ok with it. He can just put the time in and copy it the hard way so why not save him a few minutes. The number of players is huge and the base will never spread enough to completely nerf it. A base is only good for a few weeks from my experience then you need to find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    There's no benefit to the person sharing really like there is for Request and Go clans members.
    Both people share/trade bases so both have a benefit. You can't copy a base until it is set as the home base. The visitor should set a base he considers good as his home village before joining the copy and leave clan. Then the clan hosting the base trade can decide if they should let him in the clan or not.

This is another reason a copy and leave clan should be created. The clan should not actively do wars so people who join can't view all the war bases from past wars. It would also be a great place to visit to do fc as practice.
    Last edited by Yeuts; 6 Days Ago at 01:46 AM.

Lets test this idea. My clan tag is #80LUGGYJ. Set your home village to a layout you are willing to trade with me. If I want to trade I will accept your request. Below is an example of a base I will have ready for you to copy. I have several and will let you have any you want.

Can't believe my clan tag is luggy lol
    Last edited by Yeuts; 6 Days Ago at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeuts View Post
    What you say is true.

I think it is wrong and needs to change. Being protective of your base seems silly. If a guy we just finished a war with wanted to join my clan and copy my base I would be ok with it. He can just put the time in and copy it the hard way so why not save him a few minutes. The number of players is huge and the base will never spread enough to completely nerf it. A base is only good for a few weeks from my experience then you need to find a new one.

Both people share/trade bases so both have a benefit. You can't copy a base until it is set as the home base. The visitor should set a base he considers good as his home village before joining the copy and leave clan. Then the clan hosting the base trade can decide if they should let him in the clan or not.

This is another reason a copy and leave clan should be created. The clan should not actively do wars so people who join can't view all the war bases from past wars. It would also be a great place to visit to do fc as practice.
    You are welcome to think being protective of my base is silly.

I spent many hours building it, many hours testing it, threw it away and started again, spent more hours building it, spent more hours testing it, put it in wars and tweaked it many times with a 24 hour delay each time. I don't willingly share it with anyone. If you happen to come across it in war, feel free to take a picture and spend 30-40 mins and build it yourself. My being protective won't stop folks from copying it, but putting it out into the ether willy-nilly will almost guarantee I will see it on the web within a couple weeks. I would prefer to slow down any base of mine becoming an internet base as much as possible.