Thread: Builder Base: Wall breakers - what is their purpose?

Builder Base: Wall breakers - what is their purpose?

Played my new wall breakers recently.. very confused, because they did not contribute much to the destruction of my enemy.
    How are they best used?
    Can someone explain why the little fella’s did not just aim their explosives towards to buildings once the wall was broken and penetrated?

In my opinion I think once the wall is penetrated, the wall breakers should direct their attention to destroying objects that are of value.

Here some snapshots of what my wall breakers did…
    I is so sad because he spent so much time breaking those walls when there were buildings right there begging to be destroyed!

So in conclusion to my army with wall breakers I suggest Supercell consider up skilling these bony characters and allow them the knowledge and ability to project their frustration towards buildings that will add percentage value to a win.

I really want to use this as part of my army but I feel that the bomb throwing skeletons are only helpful at the start of the battle and 'maybe' during the battle however so far my experience with them have been rather infuriating.

Is there a correct way to better utilise these guys?

Thank you in advance.

- dinner

Forum Hero
    They are wall breakers, thier preferred target is walls. They are there to open the base for your other troops. Any building cleanup they do for you is a bonus (and sometimes enough to win a match) but that’s not thier purpose.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Veteran
    Hmm, they are called WALLbreakers ..... i mean uh, that's their purpose. They break thru walls, you send you troops through ... I'm not sure where the confusion comes from. Do you expect your giants to stop going after defenses when they are standing close to a clock tower?

Thanks for your replies.....
    However I was hoping for more information on how best to utilise wall breakers in a raid.

Furthermore, their name suggests that they solely break walls however they have evolved since being exploded alongside their bombs to now throwing them. I cannot see a problem if they develop the ability to destroy objects beyond the wall with their throw.

Supercell should think about promoting these wall breakers with added ability and skill.

- dinner

Forum Veteran
    The Builder Hut WBs are called "Bombers" and yes they favor walls but they do target structures as well. eventually.

I don't use them cause I am more of the Baby Drag Spamer to get my Stars. YMMV

But when I watch my defense replays Giants and the Mech benefit from the Bombers quite a bit, they take all the fire and the Bombers clear a wall path for them and damage structures in their wake..

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    The Builder Hut WBs are called "Bombers" and yes they favor walls but they do target structures as well. eventually.

I don't use them cause I am more of the Baby Drag Spamer to get my Stars. YMMV

But when I watch my defense replays Giants and the Mech benefit from the Bombers quite a bit, they take all the fire and the Bombers clear a wall path for them and damage structures in their wake..
    Thanks for sharing Afro, I appreciate it.
    The problem is I do not have my baby dragons unlocked yet.
    They are still being unlocked now.
    I like the Bombers because I find walls are much harder to penetrate now and find they are brilliant to break down walls.

However I have not properly studied them nor have I played enough raids to fully comprehended the best approach and base base to drop them in.

Since they take up room amd are so few I sometimes feel that I would rather the barbs try to beat their way through a wall then drop them just to break down the wall for entry and watch them circle around the base deystorying walls..

I must have to pactice more on specific bases where walls and buildings are closer together it seems.
    Tjanks again!

- dinner

Forum Veteran
    Any time Dinner

as a follow up... ask in chat to have your clannies post their replays when they see/do Bomber action, it will increase your learning curve swiftly me thinks; then can imitate, or duplicate and eventually innovate!

Oh and Beta Minion is a good cousin to the Baby Drag spam. my path went Sneaky>Beta>Baby followed loosely by Witch spam but I don't play enough to care really, so I just spam Baby D and move along. I have maxed them so I am moving to Drop ship to accompany them and maxing Minions next with Witches on deck.

Good Luck

They work quite well for me. Because the bombers take their time going round all the walls, often they'll be left at the end once most of all of the defences are down. They'll then clean up.