Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siege Machine Value as troop Donations - Needs to be worth more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Siege Machine Value as troop Donations - Needs to be worth more.

Siege Machines are expensive, far more than any troop that is donated in clan castles. However, they hold a troop donation value of 1. Which is absurd. The troop count of a siege machine should be valued in proportion to it's cost to make.

Please fix this. If spells count as 5 troop spaces and are worth 33,000 elixir... then a siege machine at 100-200k gold should be worth 3-6X the troop count as a spell donation. Golems are 30, a siege machine should be 30+ as well.

I think a balancing of the siege machine troop count is needed.

Forum Veteran
    If XP meant anything, other than unlocking decorations, I'd agree. But until XP actually means something worthwhile I don't see what the fuss is about.

The fuss I have, is that troop donation ratio is a pretty significant factor in Clan Leadership roles. I'm in a very active clan where all troops and spells are filled nearly immediately and the only thing that I can donate regularly, is siege machines. So it's impossible for me to get to a positive ratio when I'm only donating "1" troop at a time. It needs to be valued higher, and we all know it.

Wherever there are the foolish starting new clans, I am there, wagging a finger,
    Quote Originally Posted by 1freelesson View Post
    The fuss I have, is that troop donation ratio is a pretty significant factor in Clan Leadership roles. I'm in a very active clan where all troops and spells are filled nearly immediately and the only thing that I can donate regularly, is siege machines. So it's impossible for me to get to a positive ratio when I'm only donating "1" troop at a time. It needs to be valued higher, and we all know it.
    I do understand your point. You make a valid one.

But I would also like to think your clan would notice your incredible help with siege machines. That is a value almost every clan would be thrilled to have.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Siege donation count.

I agree with all posted comments. I also feel the donation count for a seighe should be higher. I agree with the golem count or even higher if possible. I believe It was said that because it is gold that costs to make them it's count is 1. However, almost all buildings and defenses (walls included) require gold. Upgrading walls alone is hindered tremendously when like myself you donate 4 machines upon logging into game and then donate them as fast as they are made. But please do not increase the speed it takes to make them. It would cost me even more (lol). Another point. It takes longer than any troop as well to make. I also am in a clan that requests are filled almost immediately and war constantly. When you consider the impact of the siege on the game alone it's donation count should be increased. Clans watch donations very closely and increasing the count for siege would help balance the requested and donated troops that clans use to evaluate players value to there clan.
    Thank you!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyzdbz View Post
    I agree with all posted comments. I also feel the donation count for a seighe should be higher. I agree with the golem count or even higher if possible. I believe It was said that because it is gold that costs to make them it's count is 1. However, almost all buildings and defenses (walls included) require gold. Upgrading walls alone is hindered tremendously when like myself you donate 4 machines upon logging into game and then donate them as fast as they are made. But please do not increase the speed it takes to make them. It would cost me even more (lol). Another point. It takes longer than any troop as well to make. I also am in a clan that requests are filled almost immediately and war constantly. When you consider the impact of the siege on the game alone it's donation count should be increased. Clans watch donations very closely and increasing the count for siege would help balance the requested and donated troops that clans use to evaluate players value to there clan.
    Thank you!
    I understand that clans look at donation ratios quite closely. I know in my clan if anyone tried to suggest that I was missing the ratio because I was donating my level 3 siege machines (to the tune of about 10 a day), I would stop donating them immediately and start handing out other troops until they came to their senses.

Any clan leader that is worth their salt understands that there are other things behind the numbers and should be open to hearing about those things and adjust the ratio for you or make allowances. If not, I would suggest taking your siege machines to another clan. Managing 'just' by the numbers is a foolish way of leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I understand that clans look at donation ratios quite closely. I know in my clan if anyone tried to suggest that I was missing the ratio because I was donating my level 3 siege machines (to the tune of about 10 a day), I would stop donating them immediately and start handing out other troops until they came to their senses.

Any clan leader that is worth their salt understands that there are other things behind the numbers and should be open to hearing about those things and adjust the ratio for you or make allowances. If not, I would suggest taking your siege machines to another clan. Managing 'just' by the numbers is a foolish way of leading.
    I agree completely, but also at the same time would like to see SM donations count a bit more in the “donations” total and would like to see war cc donations count in the totals on the clan page too. I understand the desire to not have them count in the player’s personal achievements due to being so easily abused, but it would be nice if they showed up on the clan page for that season so everyone could see the actual donation counts of all of the players.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

As others have already stated, Siege donation is under valued in xp points. 1 xp per troop housing 5 xp per spell housing and 1 xp for a siege that costs gold and takes 20 minutes to build, completely ridiculous.

Yes the clan support me with donation ratio exclusions, but a little more appreciation by SuperCell would be nice. 5 or 10 xp per siege should not be out of the question.

There is many other threads on this topic and like all these thread, you'll get only two types of response: 1) Agree with OP and 2) Don't agree with OP because XP does not mean anything (same reason from all of them ).

I totally agree. I spend about 3 million in gold per day making seige carts and I get the same credit as donating 1 golem...