Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clouds fix. Why won’t this work?

  1. #1

    Clouds fix. Why won’t this work?

    I have a proposal to solve the cloud problem. Similar to the bot base suggestion but no fake bases. Why not search for 60 sec for “fair” bases with no shield as usual... meanwhile prepare a clone of a “fair” base to offer after the 60 sec waiting period? These will be bases made by players as if you were attacking them when their shield runs out. Loot gained and trophies won and lost would be the same. It would “create” trophies in a sense because no one would be losing them. I see no downside to this as it would inevitably encourage more players to push trophies, there would be a max 60 sec wait time for matches in all leagues, bases would still be getting attacked as soon as their shield is gone, and best of all we could actually play the game like we used to! If the player decides not to attack the clone base reset the timer 60 sec regular search again and create a new clone base. If gemming armies and gaining too many trophies is the concern take away the ability. Only allow gemming to boost training camps and donate = Eliminating pay to win.

  2. #2
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,181
    So 60 seconds is nothing compared to the hours I sometimes wait. With this idea, everyone in legends would just be attacking clone bases. No one would ever hit a real live base because the clouds still exist. This just masks them. This would also completely remove skill from pushing. It would be whoever can stay online and play the longest every season. This would take piloted accounts to a whole new level and the average pusher would never stand a chance. Much like it is now. No thanks. I’m content on waiting for SCs promised solution that should come around the end of the year.

  3. #3

    The point is to play

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    So 60 seconds is nothing compared to the hours I sometimes wait. With this idea, everyone in legends would just be attacking clone bases. No one would ever hit a real live base because the clouds still exist. This just masks them. This would also completely remove skill from pushing. It would be whoever can stay online and play the longest every season. This would take piloted accounts to a whole new level and the average pusher would never stand a chance. Much like it is now. No thanks. I’m content on waiting for SCs promised solution that should come around the end of the year.
    On the contrary sir I believe the purpose of a game is to allow people to play. Most of us don’t have time to wait 10/20+ min to find a single base to attack. The game should function as it did the first 2-3 years allowing players to search several bases and choose which one to hit. Bases will still be attacked as soon as their guard is gone losing trophies and having to gain them back. If a player has the time and resources to play continuously they should be able to do so and gain trophies with every win. Best of all no one would ever have to know they were attacking clone bases or how the problem was fixed. The game would just work from now until forever.

  4. #4
    Allowing players to attack every 60 seconds like you just suggested would ruin the legends trophy competition. This is not much different than the bot base idea and would ruin it for the same reason.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

  5. #5
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpayne832 View Post
    On the contrary sir I believe the purpose of a game is to allow people to play. Most of us don’t have time to wait 10/20+ min to find a single base to attack. The game should function as it did the first 2-3 years allowing players to search several bases and choose which one to hit. Bases will still be attacked as soon as their guard is gone losing trophies and having to gain them back. If a player has the time and resources to play continuously they should be able to do so and gain trophies with every win. Best of all no one would ever have to know they were attacking clone bases or how the problem was fixed. The game would just work from now until forever.
    Yes. Who cares about how the actual game functions. As long as we all get to play. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; September 3rd, 2018 at 12:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Ok so if trophies is the only issue make clone base attacks gain 0 trophies and make them optional. Then players who have problems with the clouds have an option to be able to play and participate in clan games with the time they have available. Also players would not be able to attack every 60 sec as they will still have to wait for armies and heroes to train.

  7. #7
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5
    Personally having spent a good amount of time at 5000-5500, I agree that the wait time can get absurd some times. However, like the previous replies, the current wait time is also good at separating those who actually put time into the game and the gemmers that expects high trophy count just because they spent the money.


  8. #8

    0 trophies gained from clone bases?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Allowing players to attack every 60 seconds like you just suggested would ruin the legends trophy competition. This is not much different than the bot base idea and would ruin it for the same reason.
    If trophies is the only problem make 0 trophies gained from clone base attacks, losses stay the same, and make clone bases optional. This way if you are competing in clan games or just want to play the game with the time available to get loot and upgrade you have the option. Players who want to compete for trophies can turn off clone bases and nothing will change for the legend league. Also if the cloud problem is fixed you will never see a clone base because you will find a regular matchup within 60 sec.

  9. #9
    I find it a bit ridiculous that people are defending the 20 min wait times for matches when the clan games are designed so that you have to succeed in 4 attacks in one hour to complete challenges. For example: destroy 4 dark elixir storages in 1 hour requires you to attack 4 different bases. This is made impossible by 20 min wait times; therefore, the game is broken and needs to be fixed.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397
    This wouldn't work. What if the attacked finished a defense before their shield/guard expired? What if they spent all their loot? The queued attack on the cloned base would be out of sync with the base at the time it became available to be attacked.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •