Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clouds fix. Why won’t this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
    This wouldn't work. What if the attacked finished a defense before their shield/guard expired? What if they spent all their loot? The queued attack on the cloned base would be out of sync with the base at the time it became available to be attacked.
    The idea is the search engine will function normally for 60 sec then with no results proceed to find an acceptable or “fair” target base to copy to a blank platform on the individual’s device preferably. The player will be given the option to attack or skip as usual and, if skipped, the copied base will be deleted. The 60 sec timer resets and so on. So, the status of the original base with shield is irrelevant to the cloned base. This will, however, require the search for shielded bases to include only those with players currently offline. The blank platform would also have to have space for attacked clone bases to be saved for replay sharing etc. Bottom line is the clone base and original will be separate entities so changes made to the original base after it is copied won’t matter. Furthermore, the ability to copy layouts in the game now at the tap of a button already exists in the game so this will not be a new concept. Thank you all for taking the time to post! I really think this could work. More feedback please👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jpayne832 View Post
    The idea is the search engine will function normally for 60 sec then with no results proceed to find an acceptable or “fair” target base to copy to a blank platform on the individual’s device preferably. The player will be given the option to attack or skip as usual and, if skipped, the copied base will be deleted. The 60 sec timer resets and so on. So, the status of the original base with shield is irrelevant to the cloned base. This will, however, require the search for shielded bases to include only those with players currently offline. The blank platform would also have to have space for attacked clone bases to be saved for replay sharing etc. Bottom line is the clone base and original will be separate entities so changes made to the original base after it is copied won’t matter. Furthermore, the ability to copy layouts in the game now at the tap of a button already exists in the game so this will not be a new concept. Thank you all for taking the time to post! I really think this could work. More feedback please��
    This would add new loot and trophies to the game. If it was a fake base and no one is actually losing loot, trophies, or having to pay to reset traps then all that loot is new and throws of the economy of the game.

As I posted in the other thread. The real way to reduce clouds is to reduce shield times. This problem started with the update that added guard, made it so you only lost a few hours off your shield when attacking instead of whole thing, and increased shield times.

In earlier versions of the game there was no guard, 12 hours was max shield time, and you lost your shield as soon as you even looked for a base to attack even if you didn't attack.

The reason they changed it is because they use to give you a shield if your attacker got 1 star, so everyone would just put their TH in a corner and all their loot in the middle. Trophy pushers would attack your TH for the trophies and you'd get a 12 hour shield. They wanted to deter this trend so they made shield based on attack %, not stars, and made it so your TH held a portion of your loot so you'd have to protect it. (as the game intended you to do)

Creating loot/trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
    This would add new loot and trophies to the game. If it was a fake base and no one is actually losing loot, trophies, or having to pay to reset traps then all that loot is new and throws of the economy of the game.

As I posted in the other thread. The real way to reduce clouds is to reduce shield times. This problem started with the update that added guard, made it so you only lost a few hours off your shield when attacking instead of whole thing, and increased shield times.

In earlier versions of the game there was no guard, 12 hours was max shield time, and you lost your shield as soon as you even looked for a base to attack even if you didn't attack.

The reason they changed it is because they use to give you a shield if your attacker got 1 star, so everyone would just put their TH in a corner and all their loot in the middle. Trophy pushers would attack your TH for the trophies and you'd get a 12 hour shield. They wanted to deter this trend so they made shield based on attack %, not stars, and made it so your TH held a portion of your loot so you'd have to protect it. (as the game intended you to do)
    I remember those days and I love the progress the game has made over the years. So if we make clone bases 0 trophies gained and optional to include in the search the only issue is the creation of loot. I don’t see this disrupting the economy of the game as the majority of players will still be attacking as usual since the clouds only affect a select trophy range. The created loot will be on par with the one gem resource boost loot creation economically speaking. Btw trophies will still have to be lost on failed attacks even with 0 gained for wins, but it will give the frustrated players an option to play and the trophy pushers achievements will be safeguarded.

The clouds are working their way down. I'm only in Champions 1 and I get clouds during games. Especially during this last one that had an unusually high number of short term tasks that required boost to complete. They're only 30-45 second clouds, but still annoying when normally it's instant.

Also the fact that it mainly effects the higher levels proves that it's caused by a lack of targets. With the old sustem there was balance. You traded one attack for your shield giving someone else a shot at you. It was basically a 1:1 ratio. With the new system you get 4-5 attacks out of a 16 hour shield and then as many as you can squeeze in during the 1 hour guard. This creates a supply/demand problem, and results in clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Allowing players to attack every 60 seconds like you just suggested would ruin the legends trophy competition.
    If you think that attacking constantly in legends ruins the games, then why everyone need to get rid of clouds and ruin the game?
    Last edited by asddib; September 3rd, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

If trophies is the only problem make 0 trophies gained from clone base attacks, losses stay the same, and make clone bases optional. This way if you are competing in clan games or just want to play the game with the time available to get loot and upgrade you have the option. Players who want to compete for trophies can turn off clone bases and nothing will change for the legend league. Also if the cloud problem is fixed you will never see a clone base because you will find a regular matchup within 60 sec.
    Yes, allowing players to “turn off” the option to match clone bases for 0 cups would maintain the legends trophy pushing competition. The only thing that would have to be adjusted a bit would be the loot because under your system the loot gained would be crazy. Perhaps no league win bonus would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by asddib View Post
    If you think that attacking constantly in legends ruins the games, then why everyone need to get rid of clouds and ruin the game?
    Exactly. Getting rid of the clouds at the cost of ruining the trophy pushing competition is not a good trade off, especially when players who don’t care about the competition can already avoid the clouds by playing lower. I definitely don’t support ruining the legends competition just because some players who don’t care about it want to farm in legends like they do in champs.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    I find it a bit ridiculous that people are defending the 20 min wait times for matches when the clan games are designed so that you have to succeed in 4 attacks in one hour to complete challenges. For example: destroy 4 dark elixir storages in 1 hour requires you to attack 4 different bases. This is made impossible by 20 min wait times; therefore, the game is broken and needs to be fixed.
    So does that equally mean the game is "broken and needs to be fixed" if there are challenges such as getting 3 stars from a TH level above you, which a TH12 can never do, or destroy 50 levels of Archer Queen, which a TH6 is never going to manage?

Almost every player has challenges that will be impossible or very nearly so, and you just don't take those challenges. In the case of legends players, that means don't take challenges that will require 3 attacks in an hour.

That doesn't mean the game is "broken" because you can't do those challenges. There are plenty of 8 hour ones available, or builder base ones.

There are plenty of arguments as to why clouds are a bad thing, and for players at that level do make the game somewhat broken. But Clan Games is not one of those arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yes, allowing players to “turn off” the option to match clone bases for 0 cups would maintain the legends trophy pushing competition. The only thing that would have to be adjusted a bit would be the loot because under your system the loot gained would be crazy. Perhaps no league win bonus would be enough.

Exactly. Getting rid of the clouds at the cost of ruining the trophy pushing competition is not a good trade off, especially when players who don’t care about the competition can already avoid the clouds by playing lower. I definitely don’t support ruining the legends competition just because some players who don’t care about it want to farm in legends like they do in champs.
    I agree, I dont want to ruin trophy pushing either but I am not williing to accept the just attack lower argument as justification. As we have seen recently, clouds now extend down to champs, where exactly is a TH 12 supposed to farm? Silver?

Whatever answer we come to for clouds must work for both sides of the equation, not at the expense of one.

Great discussion guys! Brought up some ideas I hadn’t thought of and possible solutions as well. Hope we get a fix for this soon. I spent a lot of time and effort getting to my trophy level. I don’t want to be forced to lose on purpose to be able to play the game with the limited time I have available. I know plenty of other players feel the same so I’m sure supercell will find a solution. I just had an idea and was looking for some feedback so thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I agree, I dont want to ruin trophy pushing either but I am not williing to accept the just attack lower argument as justification. As we have seen recently, clouds now extend down to champs, where exactly is a TH 12 supposed to farm? Silver?

Whatever answer we come to for clouds must work for both sides of the equation, not at the expense of one.
    Clouds rarely extend that far down, but did last week when we had the perfect storm of first day of clan games, one gem boost and two events all on the same day. Normally, people who want to attack with strong armies and don’t care about trophies can do so with very few clouds in low titans or upper champs for good loot. Those who don’t mind 10 minute waits can do so in higher titans. It isn’t perfect, but it isn’t so bad as to be worth destroying the legends trophy competition just so those players can farm higher in cups.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.