Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Derby Suggestions!

Cool Secret Ingredient Derby!!!

I used to love watching Iron Chef, a Japanese TV cooking show, where my idea is taken from. Similar to the cooking show, in the Secret Ingredient Derby the ingredient is revealed ONLY when derby starts. Therefore players will not be able to premade the products, like what happened in some themed derbies in the past. It gives players thrill without fear of getting tasks players hate like in Mystery Derby, as players can still choose the tasks.

The secret ingredient in this derby has to be common enough that gives a wide variety of tasks can be done by low level players. For example: eggs. Besides collecting eggs, other tasks range from production tasks like Bacon & Eggs, Cookies, Muffins, etc to Basket Tasks with eggs ingredient such as Breakfast Tasks, Muscles Tasks etc.
    Level 182 Town 69

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Combine the blossom derby with the bingo derby. Maybe it would help those very large hoods that need 9 of one particular task.
    Great idea!!!
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~

Forum Veteran
    Let’s just get the ones right we have already!

Bingo has finally become achievable for large hoods, good job , but why no points bingo? In fact why not make bingo for both points and rewards? That way hoods don’t become conflicted trying to balance competitive with the desire for some to fulfill achievements.

Blossom was a nice idea, worked well once then disappeared. Having said that, the level of explanation offered into how blossom derby actuall worked and the blossom task limits was awful. Some hoods grasped the limitations quickly, others took ages. Nowhere did you guys explain that’s the number of blossom tasks varied with the players opted in, or what sort of expiry the blossom tasks would have. When you do something new like that, why not support it with a thorough explanation, or answer the question people post on here? It shouldn’t be down to us gamers to explain to other gamers, how your product works!

Mystery was always good fun, but last week, even after tweaking, was still miserly with mystery tasks.

Themed derby .... we had a string of 4 ill conceived and miserably balanced ones over the summer. I had a couple of great long time players simply give up the game because they just hated those Derbys! In truth nobody really gives a rats bottom what the ‘theme’ is, the ones we’ve had so far don’t really tie in that well with a specific theme. So just select sufficient themed tasks from several different task categories, with a mix of long and slow tasks, call it whatever you like because most derby players just aren’t that bothered about the overarching theme. If you gives us just long tasks from just three categories, we can only get 12 themed tasks running at one time. 12 themed tasks into 27 competitive players opted in, just doesn’t work for a large competitive hood like us. If you have a mix of themed tasks, from at least 5 or 6 of the 13 task categories, and a mix of tasks that can be completed in different time frames and don’t require everyone to stack like their live depended on it, you’ll have a decent balance to the derby. If all you give us is fishing, production and baskets (and then some of the baskets that should be themed aren’t actually included), it’s just miserable. Frankly it’s not rocket science!
    Last edited by mdcfc; September 1st, 2018 at 07:50 AM.
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Ditto this

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post

Bingo has finally become achievable for large hoods, good job , but why no points bingo? In fact why not make bingo for both points and rewards? That way hoods don’t become conflicted trying to balance competitive with the desire for some to fulfill achievements.

Blossom was a nice idea, worked well once then disappeared. Having said that, the level of explanation offered into how blossom derby actuall worked and the blossom task limits was awful. Some hoods grasped the limitations quickly, others took ages. Nowhere did you guys explain that’s the number of blossom tasks varied with the players opted in, or what sort of expiry the blossom tasks would have. When you do something new like that, why not support it with a thorough explanation, or answer the question people post on here? It shouldn’t be down to us gamers to explain to other gamers, how your product works!

Mystery was always good fun, but last week, even after tweaking, was still miserly with mystery tasks.

Themed derby .... we had a string of 4 ill conceived and miserably balanced ones over the summer. I had a couple of great long time players simply give up the game because they just hated those Derbys! In truth nobody really gives a rats bottom what the ‘theme’ is, the ones we’ve had so far don’t really tie in that well with a specific theme. So just select sufficient themed tasks from several different task categories, with a mix of long and slow tasks, call it whatever you like because most derby players just aren’t that bothered about the overarching theme. If you gives us just long tasks from just three categories, we can only get 12 themed tasks running at one time. 12 themed tasks into 27 competitive players opted in, just doesn’t work for a large competitive hood like us. If you have a mix of themed tasks, from at least 5 or 6 of the 13 task categories, and a mix of tasks that can be completed in different time frames and don’t require everyone to stack like their live depended on it, you’ll have a decent balance to the derby. If all you give us is fishing, production and baskets (and then some of the baskets that should be themed aren’t actually included), it’s just miserable. Frankly it’s not rocket science!

Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

I think I might be the odd man out but I typically enjoy knowing what to prep for the themed derbies. On busy work weeks it gives me an idea if I can optin ir out. I admit the mystery derby is nice too b/c it’s less stress as far as being the “first come first serve” for our hood as that’s how we do our tasks. Not knowing does take the stress off of having to try & quickly finish a task b/c there’s another one up I want to take but am afraid someone else will grab first. So I guess I’d say I like both of these combinations. I def wouldn’t want it just one way or the other. Meaning never showing what the tasks would be or always knowing. Having it both ways is a good combination. Not sure how you could even mix that up

On a other note the prizes are terrible for the most part for placing!! I have no motivation to even finish in the top 3 b/c of this. Spending 10 diamonds for EP material is NOT worth it, imo. Thresholds are pretty good for the most part except I’m still missing 2-3 items from the latest update if the pet decor. I have reshuffled a hundred times & CAN NOT get them . The first 3-4 derbies they were always there now nothing. It’s VERY frustrating and have opted out of derby over the summer more then I have opted in for this reason & for the poor placing prizes. It gives me no motivation to participate only frustration. It’s not worth it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post

Agree with above re themed derbies!!

I like mystery derbies. After this week's bingo derby, I think I'll try to get more of my hood to participate next time -- it was much improved. Haven't done the blossom, but would like to give it a go from what I've heard...

Re prizes: prizes for placing top 3 should be improved, preferably to include deco, like the path decos in WOF or holiday-themed -- still want that coffin that NEVER came to my fishing place!
    Last edited by PittyPoo; September 1st, 2018 at 01:29 PM.

Fresh Spawn

Train....🤐

Train tasks take far too long to complete during a derby because the visitors you need never arrive in a timely manner.

Centennial Club
    hah....they ask for your ideas just so they can use them and you get nothing for it. #idontworkforfree

Is this the right place to tell my frustration about this bingo derby? We thrashed 2000 tasks and only got 3 strawberry tasks!!! While we need 7, how to complete the bingo??? The whole hood is frustrated now...

Quote Originally Posted by JustHayDaying View Post
    hah....they ask for your ideas just so they can use them and you get nothing for it. #idontworkforfree
    nothing wrong with bragging rights if implemented

Quote Originally Posted by MvdK View Post
    Is this the right place to tell my frustration about this bingo derby? We thrashed 2000 tasks and only got 3 strawberry tasks!!! While we need 7, how to complete the bingo??? The whole hood is frustrated now...

You could, but I think you just got unlucky. We trashed only 225 tasks before we got our three lines. Big improvement in tasks over previous bingo derbies
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...