Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Derby Suggestions!

A carnival derby with popcorn, apples, Carmel apples, etc....add cotton candy to candy maker, and funnel cake
    a Cinco de Mayo theme in May.... by the way, bean crops would be cool, add churros and tortilla chips for the salsa
    a Chinese New Years theme in Feb., add dumplings, niangao noodle, etc.
    a harvest derby in the fall...lots of crops,

make basket tasks thematic

Centennial Club
    My idea is a golden ticket derby.

Some of the harder tasks will have a golden ticket attached to them. Each time you complete the task you go into a drawing for the "grand prize ". At the end of the derby, the system randomly selects 5 people for a grand prize ( like 500 diamonds ). Then there could also be some smaller prizes, say 10 diamonds for 1 team player, etc or 5 barn silo, etc.

There could also be a 1 diamond purchase to enter. So each day every player has a chance by paying 1 diamond to enter.

There may also need to be a rule you can only take 1 golden ticket task per day.

I think this kind of derby might get more players to opt in.

btw, got the idea from my mom who said " I really need to win the lottery " she can't afford to buy a house so she is playing the lottery, ha ha.
    Last edited by Npflbowden; September 29th, 2018 at 06:02 PM.

How about to have hood tasks?
    Every player participating in the derby must contribute to the hood task. An example of a task, produce 5000 breads, fish 1000Kg, etc .. the amount of items to be produced would depend on how many players are participating in the Derby. This is a team task and like the Bingo hoods need to get organized in order to achieve it.
    So each player can make their 9 or 10 tasks, but must also help to complete the hood task in parallel .
    As a reward for completing the tasks, we could get special decorations, or even like the bingo, a horseshoe.

Fresh Spawn
    I signed up for the forum just to be able to post this.

Themed derbies have been absolutely horrible lately. I agree with everyone here, we need more varied tasks in theme derbies and a good mix of long and fast tasks. Having all the ones that should be active actally show up with extra points would be nice for a change!

My idea for a themed derby is this:

Reverse Derby!
    In a reverse derby, the tasks are unlimited, but the trashing is restricted! Each hood member would get 5-9 trashes, depending on derby level. One extra trash could be purchased for diamonds. Each hood member could do as many tasks as they wished to do, or had time for.

I think this would create a rather dynamic and interesting strategy to a derby, and would reward hoods that work harder, not faster.
    Last edited by Faewood; October 1st, 2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Forum Veteran
    So after people put forward thoughts, ideas, observations etc that you asked for ....... you just roll out another miserable themed derby with only long tasks in three categories

So whats the point of even asking if you’re just gonna repeat the same old garbage?
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Echo that!
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

I believe a good themed derby needs to include at least one of the local order groups - trucks, boats and town (the town group includes specific people and specific buildings), with no 2 consecutive themed derbies using the same group; and several manufacturing challenges with no more than 1 repeat between 2 consecutive and none for 3; and occasionally a fishing or a mine. The manufacturing task list should include some which can be done at the level where the derby is unlocked (currently 18).
    Last edited by MyOrganicFarm1903; October 5th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I love decorations. Deco derby with only decos to win with horse shoes would be great! Like mentiond before.

By the way, i realy love the new gnooms at Gregs farm and i also saw some screenshots of christmas gnooms at horsshoe awards. Is there a complete overview of alle the new derby gnooms wich we could get? I’m still searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HappySunny View Post
    How about to have hood tasks?
    Every player participating in the derby must contribute to the hood task. An example of a task, produce 5000 breads, fish 1000Kg, etc .. the amount of items to be produced would depend on how many players are participating in the Derby. This is a team task and like the Bingo hoods need to get organized in order to achieve it.
    So each player can make their 9 or 10 tasks, but must also help to complete the hood task in parallel .
    As a reward for completing the tasks, we could get special decorations, or even like the bingo, a horseshoe.
    I love this idea! A Co-Op Derby! A big hood task could be a basket, but players coordinate to contribute and complete the 'basket'..Maybe several levels of difficulty with corresponding rewards for the effort. Some in my hood love to fish, some hate it.. but a basket with fish and a few other items would be a cooperative effort for a collective reward