Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I need a Clan! - Sign off....

I need a Clan! - Sign off....

Would'nt it be a wonderful thing for those recruiting for clans if message request threads could be signed off with a "Have found a clan". There are so many hanging messages in that room and I'm sure that most players find a clan within 12-24 hours. Seems a bit pointless to send an invitation to a request that is 1 day old or more, unless of course the player pops back onto the thread to say they are still looking. That's helpful too.
    ​Proud Member of The Bear Family
    Clan tag #QRUP9GQ

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Agreed. Too many players don't even reply at all.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 608 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

It would also be great if people were prevented from just spamming their clan recruitment spiel to every request for a clan regardless of suitability but alas I don't think the forum is set up to prevent that!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    It would also be great if people were prevented from just spamming their clan recruitment spiel to every request for a clan regardless of suitability but alas I don't think the forum is set up to prevent that!
    Don't you love the ones who spam their posts on threads that are completely inappropriate, too? There will be a threaded dated from 1984 and someone will still spam post their recruitment.

On CommunityRoyale, those threads are not allowed for the same reason. The logic is that a person looking for a clan can just look at the multitude of clan recruitment threads already in Clan Chat. The "I need a clan" threads get shut down

RIP Clash Royale Forums Jan 4, 2016-Nov 30, 2017. Member of the "Old Guard" of the CR Forums. Moderator of Community Royale. Join it here
    Thx to evertonjeff for the sig pic, whose sig shop is closed.Huge Star Wars fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCal
    Don't tell my real life crush I'd marry a pixelated girl with a weapon. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddmaster
    don't tell the Musketeer that you'd date your RL crush over her. She has a gun after all

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCal View Post
    On CommunityRoyale, those threads are not allowed for the same reason. The logic is that a person looking for a clan can just look at the multitude of clan recruitment threads already in Clan Chat. The "I need a clan" threads get shut down
    I mean, I agree with this entirely. I don't really see the value in having both.

On the surface, it seems like people posting recruitment threads are too lazy to scour the 'I Need A Clan' subforum, and people posting saying they need a clan are too lazy to sift through the 'Looking For Clanmates' subforum. But in reality, I think the cross-over is substantial and so we have the problem the OP raised.

Ditch one, keep one. I think that's the best idea.
    Level 155 | TH11 | L40 BK, L41 AQ, L2 GW | GG: 937M, EE: 1.03B, HH: 7.7M
    ClutchTriple: Co-Leader of Canadian Kings - #9YVY9C8J - Level 15 clan

We're recruiting. Want to join? Check us out here!

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    I've had success on both sides. I get contacted through my thread, but I recruit more people through their threads. So for me, if we dumped one, it'd be the clan recruitment threads, not the other way around. However, I see no gain whatsoever from dumping either of them. Wanting people to come back and say that they've found a clan isn't a reason to lose the whole forum. It's not like the threads clutter up General. If you don't want to go into the "I Need a Clan" sub-forum, it's very easy to avoid.

All true, and if wishes were horses ... etc. Last night was a demoralising run through both the chat rooms sifting for suitable players.
    PS Sharky, like your Private Message link in signature - do you mind if it gets copied?
    ​Proud Member of The Bear Family
    Clan tag #QRUP9GQ

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maethriel View Post
    All true, and if wishes were horses ... etc. Last night was a demoralising run through both the chat rooms sifting for suitable players.
    PS Sharky, like your Private Message link in signature - do you mind if it gets copied?
    Absolutely. If you need any help with your link, let me know.