Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No war match

Forum Veteran
    Didnt bother looking at individual accounts. Roster looks like coloured beads, shaken up in a jar, then poured out onto the floor.
    Obviously, first thing to hit home, is the colour splash all over the page. Then there are the results, almost every war is perfect. So much offensive weight. Then we come down to whom you eventually match. They also have no balance, no order, nothing to even distinguish as a war roster.
    Keep the max halls, can even keep those with missing IT/eagle. Put them with some decent 10s and 9s, and maybe even a th8 or 2.
    Bin the rest and try again.
    Wars dont have to be perfect, with either the roster, or the result. Is pointless going such extreme overkill on the offensive side, even if you did match, as you also have to prevent the oppo from doing likewise.
    But to keep plugging away, day after day, looking for that needle mate. BTW, if you do some reading on the non matching threads, of which there are several, you will find that a 6 hour search is nowhere near enough time to find a match, with an unusual roster. Let it time out, unless you are willing to apply a drastic remedy/change. Good luck mate.

I am having this problem now. Two TH9's and Eight TH8's or One TH9 and Nine TH8's causes the search to take forever. If I go down to a 5v5 all TH8's I get match up in minutes any other war roster it takes forever. Has Supercell change the match making algorithm so much that it's hard to get match ups unless you have one Town Hall Level or more than 2 Town Hall Levels?

Fresh Spawn
    We are having same issue. Even if we don't put in any engineering. Been 3 days now no match. Normally it took 10 to 15 min. For 15vs15.. we tried 20 15, 10vs10... kinda stinks if we have 1 th12, 2 th10, 5 th9, 4 th8, 3 th7 can't get a match.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOz View Post
    We are having same issue. Even if we don't put in any engineering. Been 3 days now no match. Normally it took 10 to 15 min. For 15vs15.. we tried 20 15, 10vs10... kinda stinks if we have 1 th12, 2 th10, 5 th9, 4 th8, 3 th7 can't get a match.
    You have a gap between the 12 and 10s. Dont know what your accounts look like, but maybe try replacing the 12 with one of the other existing hall numbers. MM dont appear to like gaps between halls.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    I am having this problem now. Two TH9's and Eight TH8's or One TH9 and Nine TH8's causes the search to take forever. If I go down to a 5v5 all TH8's I get match up in minutes any other war roster it takes forever. Has Supercell change the match making algorithm so much that it's hard to get match ups unless you have one Town Hall Level or more than 2 Town Hall Levels?

Simple answer is, if it dont match, then nobody suitable was spinning, that MM tried to match you against. TH9 is a popular hall. try adding more 9s.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 6th, 2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    You have a gap between the 12 and 10s. Dont know what your accounts look like, but maybe try replacing the 12 with one of the other existing hall numbers. MM dont appear to like gaps between halls.

Simple answer is, if it dont match, then nobody suitable was spinning, that MM tried to match you against. TH9 is a popular hall. try adding more 9s.
    I spun up a 10v10 war yesterday all Th8's and got a match up in like a couple of minutes. I will try to get a 15v15 and add five TH9's and if doesn't work then three TH9's and two TH7's. I need to recruit and it is hard so many people have rushed their bases and they are a risk. I don't want a rushed base in my war roster. It's engineered bait or miss match bait.

Banned
    I spun up a 10v10 war yesterday all Th8's and got a match up in like a couple of minutes. I will try to get a 15v15 and add five TH9's and if doesn't work then three TH9's and two TH7's. I need to recruit and it is hard so many people have rushed their bases and they are a risk. I don't want a rushed base in my war roster. It's engineered bait or miss match bait.
    Has nothing to do with engineering or not. It has to do if your roster resembles other rosters searching.

Forum Veteran
    Then obviously 8s are popular too, or else you hit lucky with a similar clan spinning.
    So far as rushed accounts. I agrre, I dont like them. But I dont like them because often, if they have no discipline building their accounts, then I worry they have no discipline in learning to attack properly.
    So far as matching, I would expect rushed bases to match rushed bases, whether it be off or def. So the "engineering" term is only added, if its purposely offensive rushed bases that are drawn. Both types are rushed, just that some rush with a plan.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 7th, 2018 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
    Has nothing to do with engineering or not. It has to do if your roster resembles other rosters searching.
    That is not what I am saying. I have to recruit TH7's and some TH9's it has nothing to do with the search but without diversification of my war roster then I am stuck doing only one TH level. Recruiting is very hard everybody is rushing and the people who don't rush are already in a clan. As I said before I have to diversify my roster because I have learned it is either one TH level or 3 TH levels to get a quicker search result.

Forum Veteran
    That is not what I am saying. I have to recruit TH7's and some TH9's it has nothing to do with the search but without diversification of my war roster then I am stuck doing only one TH level. Recruiting is very hard everybody is rushing and the people who don't rush are already in a clan. As I said before I have to diversify my roster because I have learned it is either one TH level or 3 TH levels to get a quicker search result.
    So do you not think, that 5x 9s, and 5x 8s would match, so long as the accounts were not unusual, to make up a 10v?
    Since both are popular war size accounts, I would expect them to match. And that is 2 halls.
    The fact that you dont carry the accounts, is immaterial to the hall spread discussion. Most clans carry, or manoeuvre accounts, to cover the necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Then obviously 8s are popular too, or else you hit lucky with a similar clan spinning.
    So far as rushed accounts. I agrre, I dont like them. But I dont like them because often, if they have no discipline building their accounts, then I worry they have no discipline in learning to attack properly.
    So far as matching, I would expect rushed bases to match rushed bases, whether it be off or def. So the "engineering" term is only added, if its purposely offensive rushed bases that are drawn. Both types are rushed, just that some rush with a plan.
    It was not luck because for the last 4 wars I had to resort to all TH8 war roster. The lucky search is when I had one TH9 and nine TH8s. I tried the one TH9 and nine Th8's and it has not worked causing very long searches.

As for engineered clans, I even had match ups with engineering clans even with a non-rushed non-engineered roster. The opponent would have a low defense TH9+ in the lower part of their roster. Then again I got matched up with engineered clans when I had 1 th5, 3 TH7's and 5 TH8's and one TH9 or 6 TH8's. So how many TH levels you have does really matter including how many are rushed in your war roster but is it not a guarantee always to get a match up that will be fair or perfect.
    Last edited by KingAroth; October 7th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.