Thread: Auctions

Auctions

Hay day has been slightly repetitive for a while now, what if there were an entire new game feature added into the game. There could be auction sundays as theres no derby on that day. Prizes could be made by the game such as 10 duct tape, 3 marker stakes, etc... You could compete against 20 other players who are of similar exp level to you(difference from 1-5), there could be a base price set by the game and players would bid with a time limit of a few hours. This would be a fun addition to give higher levels more ways to spend their coins and an interesting new concept to the game

Would there be a cap price?

Would the players be "opt in" to a chosen auction, or are they randomly chosen by the game? (In the first case, you could end up with everyone wanting the same item; in the latter case, an auction where nobody wants the item.)

I like the idea! I always end up having extra money. This is a nice way to spend it. But who chooses the auctioners and the hosts? Or do you get multiple hosts. I think there needs to be about 15-10 people bidding at least. That way itís more likely a person will want the item on sale. The auction can be for several days or sessions? Unsold merchandise will be offered again the next? But you will always need to auction with people from the same time zone. Another way to circumvent this is to let players choose what auction market they wish to enter. As in, produced goods, raw materials, fruit and produce, tools, expansion materials etc. Otherwise it might not be live, as an auction is.It would be a famtastic way to obtain something that you canít find in the newspaper and all your neighbours are sleeping. I really love the idea but it does opens up a vat of questions.
    Last edited by WorldPawsSupreme; August 25th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    Would there be a cap price?

Would the players be "opt in" to a chosen auction, or are they randomly chosen by the game? (In the first case, you could end up with everyone wanting the same item; in the latter case, an auction where nobody wants the item.)
    I dont think a cap price would be necessary, it would sort of take away the fun as one person could just put the max price on the auction and nobody else would have a chance to get the item. I believe having an opt in option would be a good idea, and maybe people above a certain exp level wouldnt get town or land expansion as they most likely dont need it

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPawsSupreme View Post
    I like the idea! I always end up having extra money. This is a nice way to spend it. But who chooses the auctioners and the hosts? Or do you get multiple hosts. I think there needs to be about 15-10 people bidding at least. That way it’s more likely a person will want the item on sale. The auction can be for several days or sessions? Unsold merchandise will be offered again the next? But you will always need to auction with people from the same time zone. Another way to circumvent this is to let players choose what auction market they wish to enter. As in, produced goods, raw materials, fruit and produce, tools, expansion materials etc. Otherwise it might not be live, as an auction is.It would be a famtastic way to obtain something that you can’t find in the newspaper and all your neighbours are sleeping. I really love the idea but it does opens up a vat of questions.
    My idea is that the game would auto generate random items to be auctioned, around 10-20 people is a good amount. Its very unlikely that nobody will get the item as the base price would be lower than the max price when sold in the newspaper. I think supercell has a way to find out where people are playing hay day from so you would get matched with people from your own time zone, if not the auction could last a day. I do like the auction market idea, so players could choose which category they want, such as the ones you listed.

That makes more sense to have an auto generated random sale. And itís exciting too. I hope this gets implemented in the future.