Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A comparison between the old and the new loot system: Influence on TH 7 - TH10

A graphic comparison between the old and the new loot system: Influence on TH 7 -10

Hello guys, It is the first time I am trying to post a thread that analyzing an aspect of the game CoC in detail. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since I have been playing this game for over a year and gained a lot experience from the forum, and as we are on the edge of a "big change" as it is claimed, I would like to compare the loot system change (only regarding to gold and elixir and only those in storages) that has been proposed in the Sneak Peak thread. I will try explain my findings with an unbiased description in the following.

************ About collectors and mines *******************
    Quote Originally Posted by scsweeney View Post
    Someone mentioned that mines were nerfed. I thought this change only affected storages and loot from mines/collectors were unchanged. Please comment.

This thread ignores the affect on mines and collectors. However, it is easy to conclude that loot from mines and collectors are nerfed simply because there is no loot bonus while penalty still peels your loot off. Also, I don't think theres a limit to the amount of resource you can take from mines and collectors (the same as the old system).

This update seems to aim at encouraging clashers to do more storage raids rather than going for dead bases.

The OLD loot system

The old loot system has been there since the start of the game and Zach has already explained everything clearly about the system in the thread here: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...d-Elixir-Loots. I personally benefit a lot from this thread and became to understand the loot after reading his thread. Therefore, I would like to thank Zach for his effort!

I will simply quote his explanation here in below:

The comprehensive formula for finding available loot is:
    (multiplier percentage) x [(20% x storage amount, capped at 198k) +(50% x mine/collector amount) + 1k]=loot
    and
    These figures are BEFORE the multiplier is applied. The multiplier is what is behind the loot "penalty" and the loot "bonus". The amount of AVAILABLE loot= calculated loot x multiplier. The multiplier is determined as follows:

• 5% for attacking someine with a TH 4+ levels lower than the attackers.
    • 25% for attacking someone with a TH 3 levels lower than the attackers.
    • 50% for attacking someone with a TH 2 levels lower than the attackers.
    • 90% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level lower than the attackers.
    • 100% for attacking someone with a TH level equivalent to the attackers.
    • 110% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level higher than the attackers.
    • 150% for attacking someone with a TH 2+ levels higher than the attackers.
    Now I will further narrow down my topic to a hypothetical base which has no loot in the collectors so that the equation became:

(multiplier percentage) x [(20% x storage amount, capped at 198k)
    Then we can get the below table for the rough max loot (X1000)

Attacker/defender TH level 7 8 9 10
    7 200 220 300 300
    8 190 200 220 300
    9 100 190 200 220
    10 50 100 190 200

the NEW loot system

Now we move to the new loot system. Marika has a detailed explanation in the thread:http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/176974-Important-Changes-To-The-Loot-System It is a big change. No matter the influence it will bring in the future, Marika and her/his fellow team members deserve a "thank you!"

If I have got the full picture of the new loot system, it would be summarized in this formula
    (multiplier percentage) x [(a% x storage amount, capped at b)

• when attacking a higher TH level, the multiplier equals 1 (no loot bonus)
    • when attacking a lower TH leve, the multiplier is the same as the old system
    • the value of a is determined as follow according to Marika:

Starting from Town Hall level 6, every Town Hall upgrade will lower the loot percentage by 2% Gold and 2% Elixir when you are defending.
    This means the value of a is for 20 to 10 with a decrements of 2 for each TH level from TH5 to TH10;
    • the value of b indicate the cap before the multiplier sets in and it is simply as follows:

At Town Hall level 6 you will have 200k of your gold available to attackers (standard cap)
    At Town Hall level 7 you will have 250k of your gold available to attackers (cap +50k)
    At Town Hall level 8 you will have 300k of your gold available to attackers (cap +100k)
    At Town Hall level 9 you will have 350k of your gold available to attackers (cap +150k)
    At Town Hall level 10 you will have 400k of your gold available to attackers (cap +200k)

the maximum loot we can have for gold is summarized in the table similar to the one in old system

Attacker/defender TH level 7 8 9 10
    7 250 300 350 400
    8 225 300 350 400
    9 125 270 350 400
    10 62.5 150 315 400

Comparing the old and the new system

As for the maximum loot available given that your opponent has a full storage, it is obvious that the maximum possible loot has increased for each TH level.

How about the case where your opponent do not have enough in the storage? what the new system will bring? Alright, this is the focus of my thread. I made some calculating and plotted some figures for comparison. The general thought is:

if I am at TH level n, what does the loot looks like if I attack a base with TH level m and as against the defender's storage amount?

First, let us take a look at the loot curve for each TH level attackers against each TH level defenders. Then a summary of the general trend and its influence for each TH will be Analyzed (working on the second part, please also offer your observations (unbiased description) as you read, thank you!)

There is also a comparison table which didn't account for loot penalty, FYI:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/175582

**************** General trend ***********************

1. the loot in the new system reaches the loot cap of the old system at a slower rate.

In the old loot system, it is required 1 million resource to reach the cap (200K before the multiplier sets in), no matter which TH level it is. In the new loot system, to reach such cap, more storage resource is required.

2. the loot in the new system is generally lower at a low storage amount but higher at a high storage amount

As the red curve (new) will surely pass the blue curve at some point after 1 million, this is a general trend that can be spotted. An attacker surely get more loot if his opponent is storing up resource compared to the old system.

3. Due to the increase in the caps of loot at each TH level, especially for TH 9 and 10, losing two storages may results the same effect as losing all the storages in the old system.

4. the above trend has a smaller effect on TH 8 and 7 but the increase might be attractive enough for higher TH level predators.

******************* About DE ***************************

Similar to what we had for gold and elixir, the revamped looting also affects Dark Elixir. Generally TH10 and TH9 will have a better protection to DE while they can raid slightly more from TH7 and 8. Maybe lightening troubles no more?

Below are the comparison

Proof of change of new loot system

Need proof? Here it is:

I am TH9, attacking another TH9. the estimated amount of storage gold is between 1.6 - 2.4 million and elixir is in a range of 3.2 - 4.8 million. to ensure the collectors do not affect much, i sent out some goblins to clear a gold mine, and it gave me 488 gold, which is negligible to the total available loot.

According to my graph, I am expecting available loot of 192K - 288K gold and 350k elixir. This is verified in the screen shot below:

******************* Thoughts *************************

Quote Originally Posted by omindar View Post
    Graphs look nice, but I think something needs to be clarified with how the new loot system was explained.

Your graphs disprove the notion that it will be "easier to save up for a big upgrade" (as you can see, you can expect that your purses will be bit harder once your storages start filling up)

Your graph does support the notion that it will be easier to earn a big upgrade, in that you can expect that you can make more money while farming.

I think this is an important distinction, since it is going to be hard to get used to big hits to your coffers that will be made up for with bigger hauls.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiep0tat0 View Post

Only if you are an active player who can raid at long stretches.
    Casual players (like me - full disclosure), who currently can only afford to raid-logoff-raid-logoff, may end up playing less & riding more shields.

So, if you can't raid the collectors of people who are online,
    and you can't raid the people who ride their shields,
    who are you going to raid then?
    Quote Originally Posted by lim81 View Post
    The new system is basically "robbing peter to pay paul". Here are some points that I observed.

1) There is no new gold added into the system.

2) Just that the quantity of gold moving between players get bigger, making the loot system suddenly appear to be fixed. Suddenly everyone seems to find huge loot every now and then. Yay, loot system is fixed

3) The number of bases with low loot(less than 100k) remains the same. In fact, their loot now become even lower due to the lower %

4) Those small numbers of bases with half filled or full stores now offered more loot to be raided.

5) The ratio of low loot and high loot bases did not change at all. Just that the amount offered changed. The low loot now offers lower loot while the high loot offers higher loot.

6) Because of the high loot now offer higher loot, it make it worthwhile to try raiding them instead of the usual pressing of next and hoping for an inactive to pop up.

7) Because the difference of loot is only 50k between each TH level. A TH9 will rather raid a full TH8 than his same level TH9 comrades. A TH10 will rather raid a full TH9 than his same level TH10 comrades. Its much easier to raid 1 TH lower as you have much higher chance to get more storage, effectively negate the 50k and 10% penalty difference

8) The active players will rejoice as now they can get more per raid. The casual players will now be at a worse position as they lose more per defense.

Anyone wanted to comment on the observation?

May all find your huge loot

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyscorp View Post
    Originally I thought the change was good but the more I think about it I am beginning think it's going to have the reverse effect to the intent.

for th10's

Any base with less than 2m in storages is going to be worse loot than before. This makes up the majority of bases so even though you can get 400k now I see these being hard to find.

So overall I think we find more good raids but they will most likely take a lot of shearching though rubbish to find. Considering people already complain how long it takes to find a good raid I can see this being a real issue.

for people saving for big upgrades it will also make it harder since after 4m they will start losing up to 400k per loss
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito View Post
    Exactly, as you save for the upgrades that typically all cost north of 5m, we may find that people are more exposed to attack as players are prepared to risk all their army to target just 2 storages. With the current system, this is usually unlikely and people do not tend to send a full army in for just 100k (two full storages).

This is not as big an issue for the very active but for the more casual player OR for the active player dipping in and out of play, this could result in significant loot loss...

If you are attacked as soon as you log off, and you log off 6 times during the day, this will feel quite painful.

Not sure if it will be an issue - but if it is, it is comforting to know that SC plan to remain watchful. TH10 is where I personally see a loot issue - not at lower THs where I was able to make enough gold to max my L10 walls...Hopefully this update will allow TH10 to make more loot and not result in "mild" attacks bringing about more resource loss than we see today. I know loot needs to come from somewhere but the 1k search cost is not helping, cough cough...

Last edited by deifieduandi; January 25th, 2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added dark elixir comparison
    IGN: deifieduandi |Clan: JustHaveFun|Maxed TH10|BK-40 AQ-40
    IGN: Agent Z |Clan: JustHaveFun|Mid TH9|BK-25 AQ-23
    "When you war, you make every effort to win under the rules"

Banned
    Good work, very helpful graphs.

I haven't scrutinize the arithmetic legimacy but it looks like a good summary.

The graphs really explains all i need to know.

👍👍👍

★★★ Champion
    Wow, amazing work in such a short time!

Love those graphs!! Nice work.

|Trophy Offer Formulas Discovered!|
    ^Now with a handy table linking offers and cup differences^

RIP Smash Land

Quote Originally Posted by jennn View Post
    Disregard the above post OP. Great work on the graphs. If the numbers are correct , the system seems good to me
    Here here! Graphs helped a lot... Being a visual person like me

Great work, OP!
    Really helps for people like me who can't grasp at numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jennn View Post
    Disregard the above post OP. Great work on the graphs. If the numbers are correct , the system seems good to me
    Only if you are an active player who can raid at long stretches.
    Casual players (like me - full disclosure), who currently can only afford to raid-logoff-raid-logoff, may end up playing less & riding more shields.

So, if you can't raid the collectors of people who are online,
    and you can't raid the people who ride their shields,
    who are you going to raid then?

-----
    The little (trying to find another angle) Potatroll

Nice work, made it very easy to understand. You can definitely see how the loot is changed for those higher th players. Those graphs really help. Thanks!
    Townhall 10 | Level 126 | GG: 875+ Million | EE: 640+ Million
    86/275 Lava | 168/275 Lego | 21/275 Brick
    BK: 26 | AQ: 27

Centennial Club
    I have maxed out TH9. Now, I am upgrading my miners, collectors and lv9 walls to cap level at TH9. Due to the new loot system, I think I will upgrade my TH today.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KENdiabolics View Post
    Here here! Graphs helped a lot... Being a visual person like me
    Excellent graphs. Those should probably be added to the official thread.

I was actually working on some graphs myself. Good job.

Thanks MathewWang2012 for the sig!
    level 92-TH 9-trophy record: 2679
    Complete base design guide | more links | Join Team Zoom | TS&Q links
    🐹🐶🐹