Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How many of us build our own bases?

It has been a long time Marika. Nice to see you around.

Thanks for the short guide!
    Last edited by Clash12344321; August 17th, 2018 at 10:46 AM.

Long time with a long post, Nice to see you Marika.

Clasher PrEm
    I'm a TH9. I have never built bases since TH7. That's tough actually. And the bases till TH6 were also very ♥♥♥♥.

I usually build my own village / war base until the update came where people can copy your base easily. Got tired of creating new layouts then.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by k3L View Post
    I usually build my own village / war base until the update came where people can copy your base easily. Got tired of creating new layouts then.
    As a base builder I actually quite like the Copy Layout feature! I'd of course never have my precious war layout as my farm base for anyone to see, but the copy layout feature helps me in two cases:
    - If I have a plan how I'd triple the base I built, I can ask a clan mate to copy it and then I can test my plan after the cooldown is over. It's a bit of a hassle to switch it as home base because the clan mate has to be online to copy it, then quickly change back. But I've done this a few times and it's helpful.
    - After a layout has been used in a league war that was streamed, it can't be used in a league war anymore, but a clan mate can copy it and use it in farm wars.

In both of these cases it's way easier to use the copy layout feature than build from screenshot

Not in Reddit and never will be. #Wearenotredditforumers!
    I have started building my own bases recently, and it's dead fun to tweak them until attacks break on them like a wave

Quote Originally Posted by Marika[Supercell] View Post
    As a base builder I actually quite like the Copy Layout feature! I'd of course never have my precious war layout as my farm base for anyone to see, but the copy layout feature helps me in two cases:
    - If I have a plan how I'd triple the base I built, I can ask a clan mate to copy it and then I can test my plan after the cooldown is over. It's a bit of a hassle to switch it as home base because the clan mate has to be online to copy it, then quickly change back. But I've done this a few times and it's helpful.
    - After a layout has been used in a league war that was streamed, it can't be used in a league war anymore, but a clan mate can copy it and use it in farm wars.

In both of these cases it's way easier to use the copy layout feature than build from screenshot
    So you play in a league? Oh now I understand why nothing is being done to stop account sharing in leagues. I have messages of players admitting they share accounts. Sc you say you believe in fair play but yet you refuse to stop it.

I don't make base myself but put traps myself by watching replays.(for builder base)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkkusdom View Post
    So you play in a league? Oh now I understand why nothing is being done to stop account sharing in leagues. I have messages of players admitting they share accounts. Sc you say you believe in fair play but yet you refuse to stop it.
    How do you leap from one SC employee stating she plus in a competitive league to SC not addressing account sharing?

Yes, we all know account sharing takes place however it is done by a tiny minority of players and how do you know whether SC. Are working on a solution or not?

At TH9 I did build my own war bases, and sometimes that was quite successful. Other times they were too bad to even try to tweak. Friendly challenges are awesome to test out those own designs, though the cool down period sucks (I understand the need though).

When I went TH10, I had a war base I copied from an opponent, and it was so good I never bothered to change it. Even held off TH11 dips more then once.

Now I am TH11, and especially after Marika's story I just might get into base building once more. It is very rewarding to see enemies fail on a base that completely sprouted from ones own imagination.