Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bender‘s QMT

Bender‘s QMT

Hi everyone!

Now it‘s my turn. Ask as many questions as you like, I‘ll try to answer them! (I‘m a bit nervous after reading the past QMTs which were soooo good)

ATTENTION: PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE POSTING

1. If you would like to host your own QMT, please indicate so onthis thread. We will VM/PM you when it is your turn. DO NOT make your own QMT.

2. Please don't ask questions that break forum rules or force me to make answers that break the forum rules. If it gets ugly, we likely will not be able to do any more QMTs in the future.

3. Ask as many questions as the host of the QMT will allow, but make them good questions. It's not a competition to see who can ask the most questions.

4. Answering questions is under my jurisdiction. Which means I won't answer questions I deem to be inappropriate

As Mario would say: Let‘s-a go!

KIK: bender_018
    Level: 108 (level 100 reached on 13. November 2017)

Looking for a new hood? Read here

Hi Bender, thanks for doing a QMT. And any apologies if I have ever raided your stand. I think I did one time

So here are a few questions to start:

What is your favorite outdoor activity? (if seasonal, please list for each)

What is your favorite indoor activity?

What is you least favorite daily chore?

What would you cook and serve for a special meal other than a traditional holiday meal?

Do you have a hidden talent that we may be surprised about? and what is it?

I see from your location you are in Germany. As a young girl, my dad was stationed near Stuttgart. My favorite place to visit was Ludwigsburg Palace. It has a fairy tale land on the grounds. Have you ever been?
    and what was your favorite place that you visited as a child?
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Hey Bend!

(I had some specific questions for you written on a notepad app in my tablet that went kurplunk. So I'll ask these instead)

1. What's more annoying; RSS raiders or RL phone solicitors
    2. How long do you anticipate that "stick" (next to your baby's RSS) going without a companion?
    3. Do you have a favorite saying?
    4. Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with?
    5. Do you have any weird phobias?
    6. Ever been to the U.S.?
    7. What is the most generous thing you have ever done?
    8. Do you (secretly) hate it when I keep calling you "Bend"? (it's ok, I can take it)

(P.S. I told you that was probably Momscar!)
    Thanks bud!
    Last edited by Tahoe; August 14th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

Oh I‘m not that strict about raiding my shop once in a while (I surely did that, too, and I‘m sorry). I just don‘t like people coming every couple of hours and empty my rss (or stay there when I put up new things).

So here are my answers to your great questions:

What is your favorite outdoor activity? (if seasonal, please list for each)
    Exploring cities. I love being in a new town and finding hidden gems in every corner. A sign, an ancient fountain, lovely houses, everything that catches my attention. And I always have my camera with me.

What is your favorite indoor activity?
    I‘m a nail artist as a hobby. All the colours, glitters and stamping... I need about 4-6 hours to make my nails pretty and I totally enjoy it as it distracts me from everyday life and gives me time to think about things, yet it‘s a hobby where you need to focus and work precisely. I use my Instagram account to upload my „work“ (if anyone is interested: it‘s bender018 LOL)

What is you least favorite daily chore?
    Cleaning. No matter what, I really don‘t like it. Worst of all is cleaning dishes in the sink (I hate doing something with wet hands). Therefore I‘m so grateful that I have a dish washing machine
    What would you cook and serve for a special meal other than a traditional holiday meal?I love cooking. Last time I prepared a special meal was a Turkish mezze dish for my husband‘s birthday last month. I‘ve made different dips, cig köfte, fresh ayran, börek and beans in tomato sauce.

And we have a Christmas ending tradition: After we have visited our families on the 24th and 25th, we are cooking a three course meal only for us. Last year we had some appetizers as starter, lobster and steak with a tortilla-avocado-salad and mousse au chocolat for dessert.

Do you have a hidden talent that we may be surprised about? and what is it?
    I‘m highly sensitive. I can feel the emotions of others. Feel whether they are happy or sad, uncomfortable or relaxed, being honest or lying. I‘m overwhelmed a lot when there are too many people around me. Sometimes it‘s a curse, sometimes a blessing. But I see it more as my secret superpower.

I see from your location you are in Germany. As a young girl, my dad was stationed near Stuttgart. My favorite place to visit was Ludwigsburg Palace. It has a fairy tale land on the grounds. Have you ever been?
    and what was your favorite place that you visited as a child?

I‘ve never been to Ludwigsburg Palace (just googled it and OMG, I have to go there!! I love castles and palaces), but it‘s not that far away from me, so I‘m pretty sure I‘m going to visit it in the near future.

When I was a kid, I loved going to the zoo. Running around in the nature, seeing different animals, getting fries and ice cream and petting goats and sheep. Luckily I could keep my inner child a bit, so everytime I visit a city which has a zoo, I reserve one full day to go there.
    Last edited by bender018; August 14th, 2018 at 08:48 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by bender018 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Now it‘s my turn. Ask as many questions as you like, I‘ll try to answer them! (I‘m a bit nervous after reading the past QMTs which were soooo good)

As Mario would say: Let‘s-a go!
    Bender, your hour is finally here. Thank you for your time.

1. What's the significance of your forum name Bender?

2. As a level 100+ player, are you playing daily? What elements of HD are motivating you to play?

3. Salutations
    After years of studying the German language, culture, and history, I was excited to visit Germany for the first time. As I was sitting in a train leaving the Munich airport, I saw a train conductor with a cheery voice saying, "Grüss Gott". Then the passengers showed her their tickets. I was stunned because this greeting was unknown to me and I was thinking to myself, "Was ist los?" (What's happening?) SMH.

If I hear the following greeting in Germany, what region or city am I in?
    a) Guten Morgen (Good morning)
    b) Guten Tag (Good day)
    c) Hallo (Hello)
    d) Guten Abend (Good evening)

3. Tempus fugit
    While in Germany, I forgot to ask for time to see if what I learned in the Bronze Age is still applicable in modern Germany. Please translate the following in English.
    a) Es ist zehn Uhr.
    b) Es ist viertel nach zehn.
    c) Es ist viertel vor zehn.
    d) Es ist halb zehn Uhr.

4. Der Meistersinger von Baltimore, Maryland
    a) Why was David Hasselhof such a popular singer and had a number one hit song in Germany?
    b) Were Germans influenced by his acting in "Baywatch", "Knight Rider", and "The Young and the Restless"?

5. Drinking
    a) What is the current legal age for drinking alcohol in Germany?
    b) Do you think it should be raised, lowered, or stay the same?
    c) How many drinking songs have you learned and sung under the influence of alcohol?
    d) Is buying beer less expensive than bottled water in your area?

6. Operas
    a) How many opera companies are there in Berlin?
    b) Have you been in Berlin and attended an opera? If so, what are your thoughts?

7. Berliner Mauer
    a) Were you alive when the Berlin Wall was erected? If so, what was your reaction?
    b) If not, what stories did your family tell you about it?
    c) Were you alive when the Berlin Wall was dismantled? If so, what was your reaction?
    d) If not, what stories did your family tell you about it?

8. What common mistakes made in speech or writing by native speakers of German annoy you?

9. Formal vs. Informal
    How often do you use the following phrases?
    a) Wie geht es Ihnen? (How are You doing?)
    b) Wie geht es dir? (How are you doing?)
    c) Wie geht's? (How u doing?)
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 15th, 2018 at 03:32 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Did you watch Futurama?

What food item produced in Hay Day sounds best to you?

Which one sounds worst?

Would you be in favor of a still on your farm?

If you had a choice of being able to fly and not control your landing or being able to become invisible but not be able to control when you reappear, which would you choose. Note, your clothes will not be invisible so to be completely invisible you have to be naked.

Have you seen a raccoon with a set of truck keys? We need to find him before Monday morning. 😢😢😢

Do you support my candidacy for Boom Beach Community Manager?

Do you fart with a German accent?

If you could become a bird, whose car would you poop on first?

Cowslips and ilovehayday face off in a best 2 out of 3 challenge. The events, in order, are a staring contest, thumb wrestling, and arm wrestling. Who wins each event?

#MikeForCM
    #MakeTheForumsGreatAgain

You prepared questions, Tahoe? I‘m truly impressed!

Here are my answers:
    1. What's more annoying; RSS raiders or RL phone solicitors If someone is literally sitting in my RSS and buys all my stuff for hours or days, I just unfriend them. Raiding once in a while is okay though LOL
    Some years ago, we had a similiar phone number as a local insurance agency. That was hard. People wouldn‘t listen that it‘s the wrong number. One even asked for my manager because she was so upset that I didn‘t forward her to the right person.

2. How long do you anticipate that "stick" (next to your baby's RSS) going without a companion?
    LOL, I guess it will take forever and a day. I‘m not lucky with these new fences. Unfortunately I forgot when I received the stick, so I can‘t count the days until stick two arrives at my farm.

3. Do you have a favorite saying?
    I try to translate it: Don‘t treat people the way you don‘t want to be treated.
    And: Everything will be good at the end and if it‘s not good yet, it‘s not the end yet.

4. Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with?
    Probably Brian Molko (singer of the band Placebo). I often dream of him. He writes the soundtrack of my life, so I would love to tell him my deepest thank you.
    But I‘m becoming a total mess when I meet a famous person. Once I met a famous German DJ (Westbam) and told him that I love his song „Rebel yell“ (exactly, he was not Billy Idol!!) instead of „Rebel heart“.

5. Do you have any weird phobias?
    Telephoning with strangers. There‘s only white noise in my head and I can‘t concentrate when I‘m talking to someone unknown through the telephone. What was his/her name? What appointment did we make? I don‘t know.

6. Ever been to the U.S.?
    Unfortunately no. I‘m afraid of flying (especially long distances). But it‘s definitely on my bucket list. I need to save huge amounts of money, so that I can stay there for a long time to see everything, before I have to fly back. So it‘s a long term plan.

7. What is the most generous thing you have ever done?
    I shared a pack of chips with my husband. I‘m a truly addict and never share them voluntarily.

8. Do you (secretly) hate it when I keep calling you "Bend"? First I thought it was only a mistake, but now I‘m wondering why you abbreviate it. Nah, I‘m good. Better than calling me 018.
    Last edited by bender018; August 15th, 2018 at 08:21 AM.

Have you ever seen me around?

Thanks, LynnK, for these interesting questions. Here are my answers:

1. What's the significance of your forum name Bender?It‘s a character from the famous tv series „Futurama“. And 18 is my lucky number. I‘m using this nickname everywhere in the internet (except for eBay, Spotify and KIK. Someone was faster than me).

2. As a level 100+ player, are you playing daily? What elements of HD are motivating you to play?
    Yes, a daily player since I‘ve started the game. Hayday has become a part of my daily routine. Being in a nice nh keeps me motivated.

3. Salutations
    After years of studying the German language, culture, and history, I was excited to visit Germany for the first time. As I was sitting in a train leaving the Munich airport, I saw a train conductor with a cheery voice saying, "Grüss Gott". Then the passengers showed her their tickets. I was stunned because this greeting was unknown to me and I was thinking to myself, "Was ist los?" (What's happening?) SMH.

If I hear the following greeting in Germany, what region or city am I in?
    a) Guten Morgen (Good morning) - Everywhere.
    b) Guten Tag (Good day) - Everywhere except for southern Germany („Grüß Gott“ is only used in Bavaria and Baden-Wurttemberg)
    c) Hallo (Hello) - Everywhere and throughout the day
    d) Guten Abend (Good evening) - Everywhere

3. Tempus fugit
    While in Germany, I forgot to ask for time to see if what I learned in the Bronze Age is still applicable in modern Germany. Please translate the following in English.
    a) Es ist zehn Uhr. - It‘s 10 o clock.
    b) Es ist viertel nach zehn. - It‘s quarter past 10.

c) Es ist viertel vor zehn. -It‘s quarter to 10.
    d) Es ist halb zehn Uhr. - It‘s half past 9.

4. Der Meistersinger von Baltimore, Maryland
    a) Why was David Hasselhof such a popular singer and had a number one hit song in Germany? Really, I don‘t know. I guess he was there right in time when the Berlin Wall fell. Same with the Scorpions and their dreadful „Wind of Change“.
    b) Were Germans influenced by his acting in "Baywatch", "Knight Rider", and "The Young and the Restless"? Definetly not.

5. Drinking
    a) What is the current legal age for drinking alcohol in Germany? - 16 for beer and 18 for every other alcoholic beverage
    b) Do you think it should be raised, lowered, or stay the same? - I‘m ok with it as it is.
    c) How many drinking songs have you learned and sung under the influence of alcohol? „Fairytale of New York“ - thanks to my English teacher
    d) Is buying beer less expensive than bottled water in your area? Beer is usually more expensive than water (except for no name beer and certain bottled water from a brand)

6. Operas
    a) How many opera companies are there in Berlin? I really don‘t know
    b) Have you been in Berlin and attended an opera? If so, what are your thoughts? I‘ve been to Berlin twice but never been to an opera (not my kind of music and I have negative feelings whenever I hear music from Richard Wagner)

7. Berliner Mauer
    a) Were you alive when the Berlin Wall was erected? If so, what was your reaction? - Nope
    b) If not, what stories did your family tell you about it? - No stories. My family wasn‘t affected by this.
    c) Were you alive when the Berlin Wall was dismantled? If so, what was your reaction? I was 8 when the gates were opened. I didn‘t realize what an epic moment this was.
    d) If not, what stories did your family tell you about it? - None.

8. What common mistakes made in speech or writing by native speakers of German annoy you?

This is hard to explain as there are grammatic rules in German that aren‘t comparable with the English rules. I have been a proof reader for a daily newspaper for some time, so I‘m a bit fastidious about that.

9. Formal vs. Informal
    How often do you use the following phrases?
    a) Wie geht es Ihnen? (How are You doing?) - Never.
    b) Wie geht es dir? (How are you doing?) - Every day
    c) Wie geht's? (How u doing?) - It‘s more like a slang (Whatsuuuuuup?!)

Forum Veteran
    Hey Bender,
    have to say how much I loved Germany when I was stationed there in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s .... and ask a few questions

How do you account for Germany’s catastrophic failure in this years World Cup - just so unexpected!

You’re heading for the local Xmas market, what’s your favourite thing to eat and drink there?

When next I visit Germany, what beer do I absolutely have to try? (Feel free to name a couple to take account of the various types of A
    German beer)

Have you visited UK? (If not you’d better do it soon before we borrow the plans for Trunps wall and build a Brexit Wall)

How do German people in general feel about the Uk leaving the EU?

if you could visit one place in the world on an all expenses paid trip, where would you go?

You have just found a dusty old bottle on your farm, you polish it with your sleeve, and as if by magic genie Nick appears back from Finnish summertime. He says you can have 3 Hayday wishes granted - what would you choose?
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun